TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

Who do you blame? Legoland or GCI

Both. Equally. Those trains should have never been designed with such a high height restriction and Legoland should have worked with them to come up with an alternative solution.

Not saying it needs to be exactly 36", but something like 38" with an adult or 42" to ride alone would have to be in the realm of possibility.

Who would have ever thought a PTC train would be the better solution???

Well GCI Clearly made Coastersaurus more extreme. Hence why these have seatbelts when the other trains didn't. I wonder if the train is a converted Gwazi train?

• 2 months later...

So today we were invited by Legoland Florida to come see a preview of "The Lego Movie!"

lego1.thumb.jpg.6abdcdb867a4250430aa48890f6b356d.jpg

We turned up at the theater and was greeted by some fun Lego Movie stuff!

lego2.thumb.jpg.7848d3ddf0fe526a196a9bcfe27a9161.jpg

Two of the characters from the film, Emmet and WyldStyle were there! These guys will be found at Legoland Florida on Feb 8th & 9th!

lego3.thumb.jpg.3d8f1b63e7289fcf5e590904990451f1.jpg

The gave us a cool "bucket of stuff" including information about their "Lego Movie Weekend" on Feb 8th & 9th celebrating the movie at the park. They'll have a Lego Movie themed scavenger hunt, video game challenge, mural build, and character meet & greets at the park, so don't miss that event!

lego4.thumb.jpg.9213cc5240a182ebf6fd7f6599a59d39.jpg

Can you spot the KidTums Lego?

lego5.thumb.jpg.6cb4b96c413136fa9a139783190885e7.jpg

Hanging out with our friends from Attractions Magazine for the film!

lego6.thumb.jpg.0cc7b8344cc9c491a96e6461060b52da.jpg

Overall, I really liked the movie.

lego7.thumb.jpg.31fa66a5c9b4724f7adeda07d0980a9f.jpg

!!SPOILER ALERT!! I liked all the Lego scenes, thought the characters were fun and entertaining, loved all the tie-ins to other properties and the humor.

lego8.thumb.jpg.b9e1b6c5109c24bf0ff32f3ee40c613b.jpg

!!SPOILER ALERT!! The wacky "I'm stop motion animated, but I'm really not" style worked very well.

lego9.thumb.jpg.05245efe450064c857bf5d237220c301.jpg

!!SPOILER ALERT!! Thought the Mark Mothersbaugh score was fun and the "Everything is Awesome" song silly, but catchy. (Watch the video below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx5n21zHPm8

lego10.thumb.jpg.fb166fb1856de14079759d91459493f4.jpg

!!SPOILER ALERT!! My only minor complaint was the use of live action scenes. I didn't mind that there was the live action element and the tie-in to it, but I felt like it tied it in TOO much. I didn't need the movie to have an emotional struggle between a kid and his dad. I just wanted to watch Legos do fun, silly stuff.

lego11.thumb.jpg.20f42584d79ceb446828c29acc46d880.jpg

Overall, though, movie was a LOT of fun and I think it will be a huge hit! If you're a fan of Legos, or just fun animated movies, we recommend The Lego Movie!

Conveluted.jpg.faf1c5f8ad14e479e47b6dedd107bc00.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

We've laughed with all the trailers for this one, so we're very much

looking forward to seeing it when it comes out. And we're not even Lego fanbois!

Edited by Nrthwnd

Looks pretty cool. My son is looking forward to seeing this movie. The Ocala Drive In near us is going to be showing this. Since they got their new digital projector the picture is practically high definition. We're hoping to get our annual passes soon to Legoland and I can't wait since I myself haven't been there since Cypress Gardens was there.

When I heard that a Lego movie was in production I just dismissed it as probably a cartoon for five year olds. But having seen the trailer and hearing these early reviews I'm getting a little excited to check it out. Looks great!

I've been really looking forward to seeing it, ever since seeing the trailer for it during a fall visit to Legoland Florida! The humor seems to be akin with the recent Lego video games (Lego City Undercover for WiiU comes to mind) and that's a GOOD THING!

Just got back from watching The LEGO Movie. I have to agree with what has been written previously. What a fun movie! The cameos are really fun but do not detract from the overall direction the movie was trying to achieve. The voice acting is really good, and the puns were delivered perfectly. Spaceship!!!

^ 80s space guy had me laughing uncontrollably in that scene.

It was an awesome movie; easily up there with Pixar's best. It reminded me of Toy Story and Wreck-It Ralph, except much crazier and funnier. I also really liked the message about creativity (which, to bring this full circle, made me think of RCT parkmaking, and also discussions about theme parks and nostalgia versus innovation).

The premier looked like fun and happy to see them doing some tie in's with Legoland Florida.

When I first heard about this movie and saw a poster for it I cringed. But after laughing at the trailers and hearing good reviews it's some how become on my must see list.

!!SPOILER ALERT!! My only minor complaint was the use of live action scenes. I didn't mind that there was the live action element and the tie-in to it, but I felt like it tied it in TOO much. I didn't need the movie to have an emotional struggle between a kid and his dad. I just wanted to watch Legos do fun, silly stuff.

The live action part of the movie, at first, felt like it threw the momentum of the movie off a bit but once it tied into the rest of the movie it made sense.

I don't go to the movies very often but The LEGO Movie was intriguing enough to see it. I really enjoyed it. BTW, does Cloud Cuckoo Land in the movie have any relation to the Cloud Cuckoo Land at Alton Towers?

I liked the movies they show at Legoland Discovery Centre. So I think that this movie also will be great and I'm looking forward. I think that this is a movie that has the story and the pictures for the kids and the jokes for the adults...

The live action part of the movie, at first, felt like it threw the momentum of the movie off a bit but once it tied into the rest of the movie it made sense.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

I felt that not only did it throw off the momentum, but it totally changed the tone of the movie. Once the live action stuff happened, the movie went from being a fun, action/adventure flick with lots of great comedy to a more serious emotional struggle between a dad and his son. I honestly found it harder to get into the film after that happened.

Had the live action stuff been more of a cameo, like Emmet goes into the vortex and lands on the table, and then it was...

Kid: "Hey, how did that get there."

Dad: (peeks his head in): "Are you playing with my toys again?"

Kid: "Don't worry dad, I'll leave it EXACTLY how you like."

Dad: "Thanks, son. Those aren't just kids toys, you know?"

And then you popped back into the Lego world, that would have been MUCH better, IMO.

I didn't mind that there was a live action element that told the viewer "What you are seeing is just through the eyes of a kid playing with toys." I was ok with that. I did NOT like the emotional bit between family members. I felt that made the movie from being what could have been a solid "A" to a solid "B" in my mind.

But that's just my take. I wanted a fun Lego action flick and I didn't want to have to pretend about some kid and his daddy issues.

--Robb