SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:15 pm

thrillrider wrote:Looks like the blackfish freaks are trying to talk kid rock out of performing on his facebook page.

Blackfish people aren't likely to be Kid Rock fans.

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:25 pm

Not to steer the topic off of Blackfish and Beers, Bands, and BBQ, but I've been thinking about the rumored 2015 coaster.

Right now the park has Shamu Express for the little kids and then the next step up is Journey to Atlantis (which most people don't even think of as a coaster). But the jump from Journey to Atlantis to Kraken and Manta is pretty big. So instead of the Wing Coaster that I've seen people talking about, maybe we could see a family coaster?
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:16 pm

Woodie Warrior wrote:Not to steer the topic off of Blackfish and Beers, Bands, and BBQ, but I've been thinking about the rumored 2015 coaster.

Right now the park has Shamu Express for the little kids and then the next step up is Journey to Atlantis (which most people don't even think of as a coaster). But the jump from Journey to Atlantis to Kraken and Manta is pretty big. So instead of the Wing Coaster that I've seen people talking about, maybe we could see a family coaster?

I haven't heard Wing Coaster, but I have heard B&M Hyper somewhere between the Nautilus theatre and Happy Harbor.
Snoochie Boochie

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Chroniq » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:51 pm

Any chance any TPR members will be able to get over to SeaWorld on Sunday and record the kidrock performance (or at least the beginning?)
Tram Credits: 13502 Find me here: Chris Con

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:57 pm

Wing coaster seem to be the rumored coaster for 2015 for many parks. Maybe the same Dippin Dots employee works at SFOT, BGT and SDC. I really hope these rumors of wing coasters are wrong.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:54 pm

Today Theme Park Review had the chance to check out this year's Bands, Brew, & BBQ event at SeaWorld Orlando. A personal favorite of mine thanks to the quality food and entertainment brought in, this six-week long event adds significant value to this already incredible park! This weekend's lineup includes Alan Jackson and Kid Rock with upcoming acts still to be announced. It should be noted that, despite the significant negative publicity over Blackfish and a good number of bands dropping out of their commitment to the event, you'd NEVER know it by walking through the park. The park was busy throughout our visit, filled with people enjoying the great food, the delicious beer, the warmup entertainment and of course, the headliner act. And while we couldn't stay to see Alan Jackson himself, the Atlantis Bayside Stadium where he was performing was nearly filled to capacity over an hour and a half before the show was supposed to start!

SeaWorld is continuing to add a "Sea of Surprises" to its parks as a part of its 50th Anniversary Celebration, but in the meantime, you can always count on the parks' seasonal events like Bands, Brew, & BBQ to give you even more reason to go visit!
001.JPG
Work walls have sprung up in the park in preparation for the upcoming 50th Anniversary Celebration in the SeaWorld Parks and the "Sea of Surprises" that will come with it!
002.JPG
But this is why we were here today!
003.JPG
Each year, the event gets additional sponsors and gets a little bigger and a little better!
004.JPG
SeaWorld Orlando's special events section gets redressed between Shamu's Halloween Spooktacular, the Christmas Celebration, Bands, Brew, & BBQ, Viva La Musica and Summer Nights throughout the year.
005.JPG
This fire pit was a new addition to the waterfront stage area.
006.JPG
There is a lot of amazing food here, but we'll get back to that soon enough...
007.JPG
This is after all known as Bands, Brew, & BBQ!
008.JPG
For those interested in the Brew side of things, there's this fantastic option to sample ten craft brews from along the waterfront.
009.JPG
You get this awesome little badge that gives you the chance to enjoy some fine beer!
010.JPG
And perhaps some cider too...
011.JPG
Yes. We do like bands. We do like BBQ. But we especially like Brew!
012.JPG
Some of the great breweries in Florida have brought their beers to Bands, Brew & BBQ!
013.JPG
And without question, the food here is very popular too!
014.JPG
And with food this good, why wouldn't it be?
015.JPG
If there's one thing we learned from Delgrosso's, it is just how important THE SAUCE can be for a theme park.
016.JPG
Here I am eating a bacon wrapped jalapeño. Moments later my face turned raspberry red and steam blew out of my ears and nose.
017.JPG
We love Shamu!
018.JPG
This weekend's lineup is sure to be extremely popular!
019.JPG
This was almost an hour and a half before the concert was set to start.
020.JPG
It wouldn't be a SeaWorld event without some live animal ambassadors present!
021.JPG
And how could you have a BBQ event at SeaWorld without some of SeaWorld's own fabulous ribs?
022.JPG
More great brew too!
023.JPG
It goes without saying, we really, really love Bands, Brew, & BBQ! And we'll definitely be coming back for this year's event is over!
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:17 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Cyrbuzz » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:02 pm

Looks like a good time was had by all. I'm so happy to see the park busy and shrugging off the recent bad publicity. That BBQ looked so good I could almost taste it.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:23 pm

Everything's better with bacon.

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:30 pm

I just can't believe all these people came out to see enslaved orcas in their bathtub sized tanks and listen to music sung by animal haters :roll:
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Caleb » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:08 pm

We were here today for this event, and had a really good time. Great food, and a great beer selection for a good price. Highly recommend you guys check it out if you are on the fence. A good concert is a great way to end a day here. Alan Jackson was very good!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!