Ken's Random Adventures of 2013 Trip Reports Thread

Queen Mary's Dark Harbor posted! Page 18.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Ken's Random Adventures of 2013 Trip Reports Thread

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:04 am

Oh man...that takes me back to when I stayed at Hotel Nikko Tokyo in '07 right there. Must go back someday! I MISS JAPAN!!!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Fuji-Q Highland

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:28 pm

The next morning we woke early to meet the group and to board our bus. We grabbed our breakfast boxes the hotel was nice enough to make for us since we would miss breakfast and we headed out driving right past the Disney Parks so we were passing up the best theme parks in the world to go to reportedly one of the worst.

The bus ride was uneventful but we eventually pulled in to the parking lot for Fuji-Q Highland.

We were near the front of the line to get into the park which was great because at this point the weather wasn't looking great and Fuji Q likes to shut down its coasters if more the 2 rain drops fall from the sky.

Takabisha Once inside the park the group split up running to the 3 big rides. We went to the newest coaster the park has to offer. I love Eurofighters but this is my favorite yet. It features the standard vertical lift and beyond 90 degree drop but it also has a launch and a surprise inversion. We were close to the loading area but it still took about 30 minutes.

Fujiyama At this point rides were starting to close for sprinkle so we went to Fujiyama since it was still running. We got in line before we got at text that Elissa had skip the line passes ready. So we exited the line and met up with her and Robb grabbed our passes and went up the exit I grabbed the back seat.

The ride started out pretty good but it was about half way through that the ride remembers it's a TOGO and than really tries to kick your a$$.

Mad Mouse Next we did the mad mouse since it had no line. I think it required you to ride by yourself?

Hamster Coaster Next in our pursuit of open coasters we made our way to the Hamster Coaster. It was a suspended coaster and it was actually pretty fun!

Dodonpa Next Dodonpa opened so we made our way to it to get into line. It was about an hour wait. The launch was really intense and really fun. It was also my 400th coaster!

Eejanaika Eejanaika had just opened for the day and Elissa had skip the line passes for it so we met her and grabbed them. Our time wasn't for about 2 hours and with doubt about the weather in our minds we decided to wait in line just incase. It was posted at an hour but it only took us 45 minutes.

This was my first 4d so I wasn't sure what to expect but I did learn to avoid the outside seat on these things. It really likes to shake you around. The ride was fun though! Shortly after we had our fast pass time come up so we went up the exit to the other side of the train from what we did earlier.

Rock n Roll Duncan The last credit we needed was the kiddie coaster in Thomas Town so we went that way. No wait for this one so we had officially finished our credit collection by lunch time!

Thomas Town Dark Ride Next up we did the park's Thomas dark ride. The engines are having a party and you're invited! (Where have I heard this story line before?;)). But it was a really good dark ride! If you are in Fuji Q make sure you try and fit time to do this!

Next we grabbed lunch at Mos Burger than we learned that the Haunted Hospital was going to shut its line off in 20 minutes.

Haunted Hospital The wait time for the haunted hospital was an hour so we decided to spend the 10 extra dollars and get a skip the line pass.

First you are lead into the first preshow room where you learn the history of the hospital and how things went terribly wrong. Next you are split up into very small groups and lead into the examination room for a very freaky surprise. You also get your picture taken here. At this point you are dumped into the hospital to make your way through. There are very few actors so the part of not knowing when or if you will encounter something just adds to the thrill. You are also given a flashlight for the first half of the haunt to help you find your way through. Half way through you give it up and go though a very long hallway with some surprises waiting you. Also use caution when opening some doors ;).

One other thing I noticed is they must have a way to keep groups separate. The group in front of us were some teenagers so we knew they were crawling through the hospital but with our pace we didn't see them once same with the group behind us. You could hear them like they were close but you didn't see them once.

This haunt really exceeded all my expectations I had and I highly urge you to do it if you ever get to the park.

Next me and Ryan split off to go do the other random walk throughs. There was 2 robot ones and one based on Japanese childhood scary stories.

Finally it was time to head out. To sum things up the day was a lot better than expected. The park was kinda busy and the operations were not that great but I really liked the park. They have an excellent line up of coasters and some great "other" attractions. Though be warned the park has the strictest loose item policy of any park I have been to (Even Universal Singapore) they will pat you down before some rides and even if you have a tiny piece of paper in your pocket you have to remove it and put it in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo. You even have to remove your watch where than they give you a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo key on a tiny string...

Also a huge thanks to Robb and Elissa for camping out the fastpass booth to buy them all as they became available. It really helped out.

The drive back was more interesting as we could see more of Tokyo and Robb talked about future trips. Me and Ryan had talked about the Godzilla statue earlier in the day so when we got back to the hotel me and him grabbed a train and headed out to search for it.

There was a lot of construction in the area so it was a challenge to find it but we managed to! We grabbed some photos than walked past the Imperial Palace before heading back to the hotel.

Next up is............... Tokyo Disneyland!
image.jpg
Good morning! Check out that view! Ugh... One more day!
image.jpg
Driving through Tokyo we past the hotel from Lost in Translation
image.jpg
A closer look.
image.jpg
Because this thread did not have enough orange gates.
100_7212.JPG
Made it!
image.jpg
The entrance felt like entering a mall for some reason.
100_7216.JPG
Fujiyama making test runs.
100_7217.JPG
The newest beast on the block.
100_7218.JPG
Is it still the record holder?
100_7219.JPG
Going down
100_7220.JPG
It is a lot of fun!
100_7221.JPG
Looks really nice!
100_7222.JPG
Mount Fuji in the back.
image.jpg
Time for the next coaster.
100_7223.JPG
Hey guys!
100_7224.JPG
Easy credit.
image.jpg
Next up the Hamtaro coaster!
image.jpg
It is really spread out and is a lot more fun than I was expecting.
100_7225.JPG
Dodonpa finally opened.
100_7226.JPG
We waited it out in the queue. Took about an hour.
image.jpg
Random button that said "push" I the queue. I REALLY wanted to push it.
100_7227.JPG
After getting patted down the ride is a lot of fun.
100_7228.JPG
You get some great airtime here.
100_7229.JPG
It has a great placement in the center of the park.
100_7230.JPG
It looks great though!
100_7231.JPG
Next up 2 rides on Eejanaika!
100_7232.JPG
It really looks great from around the park.
100_7233.JPG
Going down.
100_7234.JPG
Looks like X2 here minus the train.
100_7235.JPG
Going up.
100_7236.JPG
This part was fun.
100_7237.JPG
Just don't sit on an outside seat.
100_7238.JPG
Some serious netting there.
image.jpg
Rough but not bad.
image.jpg
The park loves their records.
image.jpg
An overview of the layout.
image.jpg
STOP! And read these rules...
image.jpg
An overview of the station.
100_7239.JPG
Next up Thomas Land.
100_7238.JPG
The area is what Six Flags should of done when they had theirs.
100_7243.JPG
Let's check out the dark ride.
image.jpg
It is pretty cute.
image.jpg
Party time.
image.jpg
Must of been a wild night?
image.jpg
Our next stop
image.jpg
Decoration outside the Hospital
image.jpg
Looks intimidating on the outside.
image.jpg
Left over from the days of a hospital?
image.jpg
Please put your phone in "manner" mode.
image.jpg
Serious it's long, it's creepy, it's awesome. Do not miss it!
image.jpg
Just remember to get there early.
image.jpg
They also had another haunt attraction. But after hearing the reviews from some of the others we opted out of it.
image.jpg
Mount Fuji trying to make an appearance.
100_7255.JPG
I really had no idea on the story of this walkthrough but there was a giant room of poop!
100_7266.JPG
I guess this is based on the "wall monster" who is the Japanese version of the boogieman.
100_7264.JPG
Even more robots!
image.jpg
Who doesn't love giant robots.
image.jpg
Looks like this one seen better days.
image.jpg
I feel like this should be a snickers ad. But no seriously, do NOT fight a bear!
100_7282.JPG
Getting ready for Christmas in July?
image.jpg
I should of got this shirt!
100_7285.JPG
If coaster are not your thing you can go bowling.
100_7286.JPG
The vending machines just outside the park.
100_7288.JPG
That's all for Fuji Q
image.jpg
Hey? That place looks familiar.
image.jpg
Tokyo Tower
image.jpg
Godzilla!
image.jpg
Run!
image.jpg
So you see how small it really is.
image.jpg
Tokyo is beautiful at night.
image.jpg
We also walked past the Imperial Palace before heading back to the hotel.
Last edited by kidcoaster 2 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:40 am.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:22 am

Great tour of Fuji, Ken. Great to relive the day there.
And yes, you did not miss anything with that Prison Break thing.

Looking forward to reading about your days at Disney. :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Fuji-Q Highland

Postby rctneil » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:18 am

kidcoaster 2 wrote:You even have to remove your watch where than they give you a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo key on a tiny string...

This seriously happened. They are totally crazy at Fuji Q about this and it was insane, my watch was 1000 times more secure that a solid metal key on a flimsy elastic piece of string that was super loose around my wrist!

Great report and it was a great surprise actually succeeding at riding all of Fuji's coasters in one day after all the horror stories I had heard. That being said we did have a great day thanks to Robb and Elissa and the fastpasses!
TRIPS:
West Coast Tour 2009 - || - Middle America 2010 - || - IntimidaTOUR 2010 - || - Best of China 2012
Taiwan 2013 - || - Japan 2013 - || Scandinavia 2014
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5a7b5ea10f265e536d315d1bd5a624a7.jpg[/img][/url]

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby Garet » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:19 am

rctneil wrote:
kidcoaster 2 wrote:You even have to remove your watch where than they give you a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo key on a tiny string...

This seriously happened. They are totally crazy at Fuji Q about this and it was insane, my watch was 1000 times more secure that a solid metal key on a flimsy elastic piece of string that was super loose around my wrist!

Great report and it was a great surprise actually succeeding at riding all of Fuji's coasters in one day after all the horror stories I had heard. That being said we did have a great day thanks to Robb and Elissa and the fastpasses!

I still can't get over the snotty tissue that even I didn't realize was in my pocket when I emptied them since it was squished into the bottom had to be removed and then made to put it in my camera bag in the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:23 am

Agh! Godzilla!

Japanese t shirts never fit me, but I do like the "Super Scary Labyrinth of Fear" reference on this one.

Last edited by cfc on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:24 am.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby CPSFMMCW » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:35 pm

Glad that you had a good time at Fuji-Q! I had heard a lot of not-so-great things about the park, so I'm glad to hear that it is in fact possible to have a good time at this park. Well one things for sure, the coasters look like a lot of fun, so if I ever go out to Japan, I'll make sure to pay it a visit!
Check out Coaster Studios on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoasterguy14
Twitter: @coasterstudios
Intimidator 305|El Toro|Apollo's Chariot|New Texas Giant|Nitro|Kingda Ka|Skyrush|Superman: Ride of Steel|Superman: Ultimate Flight|Volcano

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:11 am

rctneil wrote:

We had a conversation that if you remove the key they key they will make you put the band in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo! I did like the system for Eejanaika at least where you are at the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo while you wait for your train vs. trying to do it on the other side of the platform quickly while holding up the train.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby rctneil » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:20 am

^ Yes, that at least helped speed things up as it can be done whilst awaiting the previous train to load and leave. Was everyone else forced to remove their shoes on Eejanaika? Totally didn't make sense to me.

Some parks make sure all rides are wearing shoes - I can understand this
Some parks don't care
and then there's Fuji Q that forces you to remove them! Is it just me or is there a logical reason for them forcing you to do so?

Weird :-)
TRIPS:
West Coast Tour 2009 - || - Middle America 2010 - || - IntimidaTOUR 2010 - || - Best of China 2012
Taiwan 2013 - || - Japan 2013 - || Scandinavia 2014
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5a7b5ea10f265e536d315d1bd5a624a7.jpg[/img][/url]

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby Garet » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:13 pm

rctneil wrote:^ Yes, that at least helped speed things up as it can be done whilst awaiting the previous train to load and leave. Was everyone else forced to remove their shoes on Eejanaika? Totally didn't make sense to me.

Some parks make sure all rides are wearing shoes - I can understand this
Some parks don't care
and then there's Fuji Q that forces you to remove them! Is it just me or is there a logical reason for them forcing you to do so?

Weird :-)

Weird, must be a new policy, I could keep mine on my ride 2 years ago although I wish i'd taken them off I had to hold my shoes together throughout the ride, it threw me around on one of the inversions and I thought for the first time ever i'd lose one.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive