TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NoLimits 2 (NL2) Discussion Thread

So, before the game was released Ride_Op mentioned this:

We are building custom clearance envelope frames that will attach to each train using a custom script. All you have to do is add the script object next to the train you want the frame on and it will attach the correct clearance envelope frame for the train at hand. That will make it much easier to detect hits than using the tunnel test! It will not detect collisions for you though.

-Ride_Op

Do we know where this script is and how to use it?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lights are a property of the scenery object (nl2sco) file. They are set in the NL2SCO Editor in the Lights tab. So you have to first have an object before you can create a light. You can create your own lights from scratch in this way, or you can modify the lights in the scenery objects library. To do that, simply open the relevant .nl2sco file in the NL2SCO editor. Go to the Lights tab and double click on the light (there is likely only one to choose). The Light-Source Settings dialog will appear. This is a very intuitive dialog with color pickers and intensity inputs. Make some changes and then do "Save As", saving the file to your park's folder. Simple as that!

Experiment with the many features. You can even do projections from this dialog to make cool effects like this:

screenshot-2014-01-14-23-58-45.jpg

screenshot-2014-01-14-23-58-25.jpg

Thank you so much! Now it's time to play around with these!

I've been tooling with importing my old NL1 coasters, alongside attempting to build my own for the first time, and download some from online. Since there were only 6 uploaded onto TPR's exchange, I tried them all. The Mack Family Coaster was my favorite as well!

Can't wait until the NL pros and gurus release their month-long plans and blow our minds all over again though!

Lights are a property of the scenery object (nl2sco) file. They are set in the NL2SCO Editor in the Lights tab. So you have to first have an object before you can create a light. You can create your own lights from scratch in this way, or you can modify the lights in the scenery objects library. To do that, simply open the relevant .nl2sco file in the NL2SCO editor. Go to the Lights tab and double click on the light (there is likely only one to choose). The Light-Source Settings dialog will appear. This is a very intuitive dialog with color pickers and intensity inputs. Make some changes and then do "Save As", saving the file to your park's folder. Simple as that!

Experiment with the many features. You can even do projections from this dialog to make cool effects like this:

I tried, but I still get the same problem. When I use the game's premade spotlights - The lights show up in the editor, and don't show up in the final game run

It took a bit of tweaking (and a lot of head-scratching), and copying certain spotlight files I wanted to use from C:\Program Files\NoLimits 2\scene objects\Lights to my park's documents folder, but I was eventually able to find out how to get them working and change them around without needing to alter the original files.

1370849511_VehemenceLightsScreenshot.thumb.png.49918f900b181a9fa672057ec2816f7f.png

Vehemence. This was a coaster I imported from NL1 and spruced up to look extra-pretty in NL2. The NL1 file for this coaster is on TPR's Exchange.

Edit: The NL2 version is on the exchange now.

Whenever you get the game, do you plan to bring back your fantastic Drachen Fire recreation? You can actually transfer NL1 coasters to NL2. However, due to differences (like realistic friction), it may need to be altered. With the ability to add multiple coasters to one map, it would be awesome if you did BBW as well.

Possibly? I hadn't really thought of that, but now that you brought it up, it would be fun to recreate BBW right next to Drachen Fire. Waiting for a Mac release of NL2 is also 1 of the reasons why my other 2 finished designs (Turaco & Wildfire) that have been collecting dust haven't been released yet either. Figured that when NL2 came out, the release of new NL1 coasters would diminish as everyone upgraded so as such I figured I would just hold out on the release of both of those 2 and do a quickie update on them when the Mac release comes around and release them on NL2 and not NL1. Once those finally come out, doing a BBW recreation may be the next thing to do. Maybe I'd even do it minus the 2nd drop trims haha...

Wow...I just got the full version and it surpasses NL1 in almost every way. Because I didn't really follow NL2, news-wise, I did not expect that the flat rides would be rideable, so that was an added and extremely pleasant surprise. I LOVE the idea of having more than one track, and hopefully soon. People will have the gumption to actually make full-scale parks with NL2

Wow, i can't believe NL2 is finally here!!! I'll definitely be making my purchase soon, and although it should run on my current computer im in the middle of building a brand new pc that will keep the frame rate topped out all the time. I have a couple questions on the specs though, why does the standard version have such a small video resolution? Are you able to up it past that 720x586? The extra features in the pro version would keep my attention for five minutes or so but i dont want to spend the extra money just to get the resolution size if i dont have to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

http://nolimitscoaster.de/index.php?page=news&newsentry=20141223193037#news20141223193037

The new update 2.1.0.0 with the new Wing Coaster is now available. We are proud to present you this astonishing coaster style implemented in NoLimits 2 using highly detailed 3d models and textures. We also give you two new parks with three new coasters, so you can instantly try out the new coaster style. Kudos to Seth Parsons for contributing another great park file. This is our Christmas present for our great community. We hope you like it as much as we do. [ol]

nl2100_1.thumb.jpg.d50659d45b21f63625404e4cb2dfb8a1.jpg

nl2100_2.thumb.jpg.34a7bb324a4ba26f161bae0fc6212b16.jpg

nl2100_3.thumb.jpg.a7405d5fca7820626d0888711870eaf4.jpg

Just updated my game! So happy to see the new train types! Can't wait to start playing around with them! I took a look at the preloaded coasters, and the level of detail is amazing! Off to play the NL2 now! Major thanks to the NL team for this amazing Christmas present!

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question regarding COLLADA files. I made a few objects in Sketchup, saved them and exported them as .dae into my park file however when I place the objects in the park the textures do not show up on the object and instead it results in just an all white object. Any ideas?