TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Its also possible Monte's train was further down towards the loop, they could have had it pulled out of the station and out of site from the walkways, have seen this happen before where there appeared to be no train in the morning and it was open a few hours later.

Knotts Network posted a photo of Timberline Twister's station being torn down, it looks like the ride is leaving.

Well if it is, I hope SF Corp buys it and sends it to SFStL so they can have their much needed Kiddie Coaster lol! I know that's not going to happen, but its nice to dream lol. I just hope it isn't scrapped, if it is being removed.

Knotts Network posted a photo of Timberline Twister's station being torn down, it looks like the ride is leaving.

Well if it is, I hope SF Corp buys it and sends it to SFStL so they can have their much needed Kiddie Coaster lol! I know that's not going to happen, but its nice to dream lol. I just hope it isn't scrapped, if it is being removed.

It is pretty old. Wouldn't be surprised to see it scrapped.

The old Snoopy Bounce House is not on the KBF map so maybe its leaving.

From what I've heard, Snoopy Bounce, Log Peeler, Joe Cool's GR8 SK8, and Timberline Twister are leaving and a new family coaster and 2 new flats are replacing them. Of course, none of this has been confirmed so take it with a grain of salt.

KBF sure didn't waste any time!

Knott’s Berry Farm is delighted to announce that Kirk Wall and the Hillbillies (formerly known as Billy Hill and the Hillbillies) have signed on to perform at the theme park weekends (Saturday and Sunday) beginning January 18, 2014. This world famous bluegrass country music group will perform sets of their toe tappin’, hand clappin’ and gut bustin’ musical comedy show on the Wilderness Dance Hall stage located in Ghost Town.

Performance Times

Saturday 1/18 – 1:00, 2:30, 3:30, & 4:30 p.m.

Sunday 1/19 – 5:30, 6:30, 8:00, & 9:00 p.m.

Source: KBF Facebook

From what I've heard, Snoopy Bounce, Log Peeler, Joe Cool's GR8 SK8, and Timberline Twister are leaving and a new family coaster and 2 new flats are replacing them. Of course, none of this has been confirmed so take it with a grain of salt.

Bummer, I liked Great Skate.

Maybe a few of those kids stuff will go to California's Great America? Either them or Michigan's Adventures.

I could easily see GR8 SK8 leaving because the capacity is crap and nobody ever rope that thing anyway. There may be no point in taking out Log Peeler however. It's literally the smallest flat ride I've ever seen and I have no idea what would go in place of it as there's a food stand nearby and a shop right next to it.

^I agree with the above. Log Peeler seems to blend well with the High Sierra theme and it is very small in space. I see no point in getting rid of it.

I haven't hard any rumblings about possible rides except the following: I've heard that they are going to invest a LOT of money into this and they may build the mountain that was originally planned for Sierra Sidewinder. I still think a small dark ride is mildly possible.

Timberline Twister was one of the more lively kiddie coasters, but I guess I have no reason to miss it. It will be interesting to see the new developments; I like the rumors but so far the truth seems pretty well-concealed.

So Log Peeler was a Mini-Scrambler, I see...never would've guessed that from the name. Gr8 Sk8 seems like the kind of ride that could still be marketable in other parks--not too different from rides still being added elsewhere.

Wow, I can't believe we skipped Timberline Twister when we were there about two weeks ago. The line was too long so I figured I'd pick it up next time I was there.

Never look a gift kiddie credit in the mouth - whatever that means

^^Are you under 69"? If not, there is no way you could ride Timberline Twister as the park has been very strict about the height requirement in my experience.

I could easily see GR8 SK8 leaving because the capacity is crap and nobody ever rope that thing anyway. There may be no point in taking out Log Peeler however. It's literally the smallest flat ride I've ever seen and I have no idea what would go in place of it as there's a food stand nearby and a shop right next to it.

The main reason I can see Log Peeler being removed is because Pacific Scrambler has the same minimum height restriction (as long as you're accompanied by an adult). The ride's footprint is probably big enough to accommodate most basic kiddie rides (such as Zamperla's catalogue), but even that would be a bit of a tight fit.

482009833_CampSnoopy30thAnniversaryLogo_small.jpg.028276abd30422ff81c0e061948768a1.jpgFrom Knotts.com

2014 marks the beginning of an exciting time in Knott’s history as its treasured Camp Snoopy celebrates the big 3-0 with a complete restoration of the entire land! Today, Knott’s Berry Farm is proud to announce the three new rides coming to the land of High Sierra fun: Charlie Brown’s Kite Flyer, Pig Pen’s Mud Buggies and Linus Launcher. The addition of the three new family rides, built by Zamperla, demonstrates Knott’s commitment to reinvestment in one of the most beloved children’s areas ever created.

- Charlie Brown’s Kite Flyer invites campers to “fly a kite” with Charlie Brown and soar above the land’s winding paths and babbling streams – but watch out for the kite-eating tree! This 32-passenger adventure allows guests to sit side-by-side on 16 swings for a spin that whisks riders up to 18 feet above the ground. As the tree rises, good ol’ Charlie Brown is revealed upside down and all tied up in kite string! Charlie Brown’s Kite Flyer will replace Snoopy Bounce.

- Pig Pen’s Mud Buggies lets tykes climb aboard their very own all-terrain vehicle for an adventurous ride around the High Sierras. Six four-seater ATVs will spin, bounce, and bump up to 24 guests at a time, while Pig Pen looks on from his center perch. Pig Pen’s Mud Buggies will replace Log Peeler.

- Linus Launcher recreates that classic Peanut’s moment when Snoopy grabs Linus’ blanket and launches him on a wild ride. On Linus Launcher, guests lay on one of twelve “blankets” as they fly round and round. Up to 24 guests lay side-by-side while Snoopy launches them up almost 10 feet in the air. Guests will enjoy a Woodstock’s-eye view of Huff ‘n Puff, The Grizzly Creek Lodge, and all of Camp Snoopy below! Linus Launcher will replace Charlie Brown’s Speedway.

Get a sneak peak of the revitalized area with an all new preview sketch, featuring the new rides. In the picturesque rendering, the three new attractions are stunningly depicted: Pig Pen’s Mud Buggies (front left); Charlie Brown’s Kite Flyer (front right); Linus Launcher (back right).

During construction, Knott’s will share exciting announcements and progress through a series of weekly updates on Knotts.com. Over the next several weeks, Knott’s will unveil new changes to the land and take readers behind the scenes of this enormous construction project. Join the conversation on social media using #CampSnoopy to track even more updates on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Camp Snoopy construction began on January 6th and will continue until the grand re-opening in early summer. Don’t miss any of the exciting news from Knott’s Berry Farm in 2014!

A 2014 Season Pass is a great way to experience all of Knott’s Farm Fresh Fun all year long! Knott’s Berry Farm Season Passes are now available online for just six easy payments of $14.00.

1503990381_CampSnoopy2014.thumb.jpg.a7cf652db6a2f33b535961e2bb13eada.jpg

Edited by robbalvey