TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Romon World to open in China

Since the only threads in this forum who mentions this park is the "new for 2014", I create this thread.

The Maurer coaster is almost finished, with just the launch left.

The HUSS Frisbee is also way into construction.

And here is the new train for it. They scrapped the winged seating concept, and went with this one instead, which is more like the new B&M hyper trains.

Source

Source

Edited by _koppen

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they going to be this long? I think they look better than the two-cars ones usually used by Maurer. And will this be like freischütz at bayern park (in the way that it only runs one train that can go around the course more than once without stopping)?

Why are so many manufacturers copying Premier Rides' new track?!

Look at Premier's track:

NOW look at the other companies.

Intamin (Except they double-spined theirs):

Maurer Sohne:

Is it because it's more durable or it eliminates the need for extra supports, I WANNA KNOW!

Get something straight here - no one copied anyone. The track is designed for the ride, regardless of what manufacturer makes it. There aren't any "honor codes" that I know of, unless there's a patent involved.

But, if you REALLY want to get technical -

Premier's track uses a square cross-sectioned tie in the shape of a hollowed-out triangle. Intamin's track uses tubes that start wide and get narrow as they approach the running rail, and the rails are connected by tubes, creating the tie. Maurer's track in that application is two-rail for the most of the layout, and the only reason why it looks like Premier's track is because they used a spine for the top hat, loop and corkscrew - probably so they didn't have to support it as much - and needed some way to connect the rails to the spine.

Again, I'm filing this one under things that really "don't matter", especially considering that Intamin still uses the box/triangle track that they've always used (EDIT: Did you even see the other coaster in this park?!?)

Get something straight here - no one copied anyone. The track is designed for the ride, regardless of what manufacturer makes it. There aren't any "honor codes" that I know of, unless there's a patent involved.

But, if you REALLY want to get technical -

Premier's track uses a square cross-sectioned tie in the shape of a hollowed-out triangle. Intamin's track uses tubes that start wide and get narrow as they approach the running rail, and the rails are connected by tubes, creating the tie. Maurer's track in that application is two-rail for the most of the layout, and the only reason why it looks like Premier's track is because they used a spine for the top hat, loop and corkscrew - probably so they didn't have to support it as much - and needed some way to connect the rails to the spine.

Again, I'm filing this one under things that really "don't matter", especially considering that Intamin still uses the box/triangle track that they've always used (EDIT: Did you even see the other coaster in this park?!?)

I didn't know what was the correct word to type so I just said copying. And, yes I did check out the other coaster, and I know they still use the skeleton track. I'm just talking about the new track and why so many manufacturers are using the design. But at least B&M are keeping their box-track!