TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

Thank You Robb for enduring those long hours and meeting of the people so early in the morning. What would we do without you and Alissa?? Hope you have a Very Merry Christmas!!

Ha! Thanks! Glad you liked the update. It's always fun getting to go into a park before the public gets in there. Sometimes it's almost had like a "creepy" feel to it, especially when all the service vehicles are gone and it's just you and ONLY you in the park!

Thank You Robb for enduring those long hours and meeting of the people so early in the morning. What would we do without you and Alissa?? Hope you have a Very Merry Christmas!!

Ha! Thanks! Glad you liked the update. It's always fun getting to go into a park before the public gets in there. Sometimes it's almost had like a "creepy" feel to it, especially when all the service vehicles are gone and it's just you and ONLY you in the park!

Was the park's music off? When I went to SFSTL for ICW shooting we walked through the park and I felt something was missing that made the park feel a little creepy. Soon I realized the park's speakers had no music coming out of them. I guess I had gotten used to crappy pop music filling my ears when in the park

Walking through an empty Disney park is now on my bucket list BTW

Having spent years walking through parks during the early morning darkness hours before dawn and before the public gets there, that "creepy" feel is very familiar. It's a creepy feel that never goes away. As if time has somehow stopped because those surroundings that are usually full of life and energy are completely dormant. They silently loom over anyone who walks by like sentinels ever watchful until the dawn breaks and the gates re-open.

Walking through an empty Disney park is now on my bucket list BTW

It's pretty surreal, even with the music going.

Walking through any empty park can be surreal, though I'm sure a park like Disney would be especially so. I went to Geauga Lake during it's Halloween season towards the end of its time as a Six Flags park, and it was DEAD. I specifically remember walking to the old SeaWorld section where the Dino simulator was and being uncomfortable, and I was probably about 10 or so at the time.

I think what's so surreal about walking around a Disney park when it's *totally* empty before the park opens is that with other parks, there can by many times where you'll go to a Six Flags, Cedar Fair, etc, and there will be VERY VERY light crowds, to the point of walking down midways with not a single person around.

But at Disney World, especially now in the last couple of years when the economy has been doing better, there is almost never a time where the streets and paths are totally empty as far as the eye can see.

And with no BGM and it being the middle of the night, that makes it even MORE creepier!

I think what's so surreal about walking around a Disney park when it's *totally* empty before the park opens is that with other parks, there can by many times where you'll go to a Six Flags, Cedar Fair, etc, and there will be VERY VERY light crowds, to the point of walking down midways with not a single person around.

But at Disney World, especially now in the last couple of years when the economy has been doing better, there is almost never a time where the streets and paths are totally empty as far as the eye can see.

And with no BGM and it being the middle of the night, that makes it even MORE creepier!

Kinda reminds me of the Kingdom Keeper books, where the kids are transported to the parks in the middle of the night.

^I believe documentation said they're aiming for spring to mid 2014, but I'm not sure other announcements have been made since then regarding an opening.

Early May used to be a favorite time of year for openings Wouldn't surprise me if they aimed for that timeline again.

Hoping for April soft openings!