Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 324: V.I.PASSHOLDER Perks in January announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:42 am

^I'm sure throwing someone out of the car will trigger a stop. ;)

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:28 pm

^This is the sort of quality thinking I approve of.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:03 am

Jew wrote:Well, chuck does have experience stopping trains...

200,000 Japanese were late for work because someone didn't know how to flush a toilet! :lmao:

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:06 pm

That is still amazingly funny 6 years later!!!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:12 pm

Moose wrote:I was really torn about getting glow with the show ears. They seem really cool, but as someone that goes to the Disney parks infrequently, it didn't seem to be worth it to me. Especially because I am making everyone else's show better but not my own.

This IMO seems to be the biggest flaw with the Glow With The Show ears. Putting aside the fact that I think the ears actually make it distracting for whatever show you're trying to watch (especially the castle projection show, IMO), you are being asked to spend $25 on something that you can't actually see, and that enhances the show for everyone else BUT you.

And the only hope you have is that other people have also spent the $25 so that you'll be able to take part in whatever the ears do, because you'll have no idea as you can't see them.

I dunno, I have to be honest and say that it's just something that really doesn't appeal to me and I'm not sure where this whole thing will eventually go.

They ears are also heavy and they seem to fall off more because of the additional weight.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:00 pm

Can you control the color of the ears when not at a show? I was just wondering. I just hope we never see the lights incorporated into the running medals. Then they'd start wearing them year round, instead of just for six months after a race is done. :devil:

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:30 pm

When they are not being controlled by the park systems, they are on random patterns. There is no way to control our ears yourself.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:37 pm

"Must . . . control . . . Mickey . . . ears . . ."

Site Admin

Walt Disney World Holiday Event Re-Cap and 2014 Preview!

Postby robbalvey » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:20 pm

Hey everyone!

We were fortunate enough to attend a very special media event at Walt Disney World today which focused on re-capping the events for the remainder of this holiday season, touching a bit upon upcoming expansions including the Seven Dwarfs Mine Car attraction and the Festival of Fantasy parade. We also heard about some Annual Pass specials for Florida residents and beyond. New holiday gift ideas and other WDW merchandise (some REALLY COOL stuff in there) and even got to have a bit of fun with the WDW Entertainment department's "Streetmosphere!"

What a great morning at the Magic Kingdom! Please watch the video below and check out the photos!

Photos by Jack Crouse. Video by Robb Alvey
WDW_holiday_2013_01.jpg
Yes, I had to wake up at 4am to get to the park before sunrise for this media event, but just LOOK at these AWESOME AWESOME photos we got of Main Street USA and the castle all lit up!
WDW_holiday_2013_02.jpg
Not often you can get a "postcard" pic like this of the hub totally empty!
WDW_holiday_2013_03.jpg
And then still get that an hour or so later when the sunlight starts to appear and *just* light up the sky!
WDW_holiday_2013_04.jpg
The park absolutely looks beautiful for Christmas. One of our favorite times of the year to visit. We wouldn't miss it! There are many different options for our local Florida residents so get down to WDW before the decorations come down!
WDW_holiday_2013_05.jpg
Yup, we did do a little "Goofing Around" while at the park this morning! =)
WDW_holiday_2013_06.jpg
Again, Main Street USA all decked out. Wonderful!
WDW_holiday_2013_07.jpg
We spoke with I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager and some amazing new holiday merchandise. Don't miss out! These items won't be around long! (Watch the video for more info!)
WDW_holiday_2013_08.jpg
Loved the "It's a Small World" dolls and Duffy fans have TWO new Christmas outfits to collect!
WDW_holiday_2013_09.jpg
We originally saw things like this at Tokyo Disney and were thrilled to see some of the "Disney Parks Food Magnets" make their way to the USA!
WDW_holiday_2013_10.jpg
Sun is coming up, more AWESOME shots of the park! LOVE being here early in the morning before the public gets in!
WDW_holiday_2013_11.jpg
Yes! Mickey & Minnie make an appearance!
WDW_holiday_2013_12.jpg
Got a chance to walk around and get more angles of the castle.
WDW_holiday_2013_13.jpg
Love all the little details and touches they put on all the holiday decorations around the park.
WDW_holiday_2013_14.jpg
Another advantage of being at the park early is that you get photos both lit up and with the sunlight!
WDW_holiday_2013_15.jpg
How often can you get this photo with virtually nobody on Main Street leading up to the castle!
WDW_holiday_2013_16.jpg
Holiday Mickey & Minnie Topiary!
WDW_holiday_2013_17.jpg
And of course you cannot for get the Christmas Tree as you enter main street.
WDW_holiday_2013_18.jpg
The Toy Soldiers are guarding those presents under the tree! ;)
WDW_holiday_2013_19.jpg
Inside the Emporium is where you can find many of the WDW holiday gifts for your family.
WDW_holiday_2013_20.jpg
Got a chance to speak with Ty and Rich, the 2013/2014 Walt Disney World Ambassadors. These guys walked me through many of the holiday events and upcoming new attractions at the resort including the upcoming Seven Dwarfs Mine Train roller coaster.
WDW_holiday_2013_21.jpg
Pilar from Disney Cruise Lines talked about the new renovations on the Disney Magic as well as some future destinations for the rest of the Disney Cruise Lines fleet. (Watch the video! It's in there!)
WDW_holiday_2013_22.jpg
Kris talked about some of the impressive features of the new Festival of Fantasy parade coming to the Magic Kingdom in the spring. This will be the first "new" daytime parade in about ten years. (Again, check out that video!)
WDW_holiday_2013_23.jpg
The "Public Works" did an awesome job of also talking up what the future has in store at Walt Disney World!
WDW_holiday_2013_24.jpg
And they did it in their own "amusing" way! lol (All on that video that you should be watching!)
WDW_holiday_2013_25.jpg
Ahhh!!!! I've been ATTACKED by Christmas decorations!!!
WDW_holiday_2013_26.jpg
Rusty Cutlass, who plays their pirate Christmas songs during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party was here to spread some pirate cheer!
WDW_holiday_2013_27.jpg
Me and the big man hanging out! Thanks Mickey for having us out and we look forward to an awesome holiday season at Walt Disney World and lots of greatness in the months to come!
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:22 pm.

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:25 pm

I'm surprised they haven't sold It's A Small World dolls before.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!