Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Garet » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:08 pm

GwaziBSRider1 wrote:
Aceattack52 wrote:
coasternut wrote:I hope they do something special for it's 50th birthday in 2014!

It's probably not going to be much. A banner and maybe a mention of it on the park maps. 50 is a big year, though...

I'd doubt they'd even do that much. There was one year that a lot of rides had anniversaries (2011, I believe), and they barely mentioned anything about it. I think they just gave them all special ERT during CoasterMania and nothing else.

There were plaques/logos for the anniversaries in the flowers near the carousel for all of them when I went that year, probably that will be all blue streak gets for it on top of things others have mentioned.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby GwaziBSRider1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:16 pm

^ I must have missed that. I don't think they did anything like that for TTD's 10 year anniversary, but maybe they're waiting on next year for 10 years of being open regularly. lol

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:02 pm

^^^ Thats really cool! If anything, you proved that CP is not out of room!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:06 pm

http://www.toledoblade.com/Real-Estate/2013/12/04/Cedar-Fair-begins-upgrades-to-hotel-at-Sandusky-park-1.html

Renovations have begun on the historic Hotel Breakers at Cedar Point, which is part of a $60 million, three-year reinvestment in the three hotel properties located at or near the Sandusky amusement park.

The refurbishment of the Breakers, which was built in 1905, is a two-year, two-phase project. The first phase, which began last month, consists of exterior work that includes a new roof and a fresh coat of paint.

In the 2014 off season, construction crews will begin interior improvements on the 500-room hotel. Details of the upgrade to the Breakers have not been disclosed but officials of Cedar Fair LP, the park’s parent company, have said that their plans call for a refreshening in some areas of the hotel, but that there could be a repositioning or refurbishment of other sections.

Cedar Point also is expected to enhance portions of the beach in front of the Hotel Breakers. The park’s Sandcastle Suites and nearby Breakers Express Hotel also are slated for renovations between now and 2015. To pay for all the upgrades, in 2012 Cedar Fair sold its Knott’s Soak City water park near San Diego to SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment.

A purchase price was never disclosed but Cedar Fair said proceeds from the sale of the water park mostly would cover the costs of its hotel improvements.
BIZ-Cedar-Point.jpg
BIZ-Cedar-Point-1.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby rosscoe » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:12 pm

Looking forward to see what they do with the rooms, some of them felt a bit tired for the price. but in saying that, it was worth the price to walk out the back of that hotel and be in the rear gates of Cedar Point.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simaticable » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:14 pm

Ah, it's always fun when a hotel renovates their rooms. It shows that they care about their guests and want to keep up with modern technology.
Schwarzkopf was a genius; anything less makes you a moron. ;)

Postby GwaziBSRider1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:16 pm

I'm so glad CP is renovating the Breakers. I love staying there, but it really needed it. The Bonair section was starting to get bad.

Postby Mrlittle » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:31 pm

After staying at Hotel Breakers this last summer, I am really happy to see they are starting on the remodel. Its a win-win for everyone.

Wisconsin Dells Fanatic

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby traincrossin » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:57 pm

If Cedar Point updated their employee housing just like their hotels I would be so happy. Still a great step in the right direction!
13 - Gatekeeper
14 - Millennium Force

Racing for the sky

Postby coasterlover420 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:37 pm

^I believe Ouimet said this will be a goal for the coming seasons. Stay tuned!

What a lot of employees do is chip in together to get an apartment in Sandusky. If you're interested in applying, definitely be in contact with some other employees and look for someone who's interested in a roommate!
~Signature~

PreviousNext