TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Word is that Universal just held a community meeting inside the globe theater. During the presentation they had a model of Hollywoods WWOHP

Hollywoods will feature:

Forbbiden Journey

Great Hall Resturant

Flight of The Hippogriff

Three Broomsticks

Olivanders.

Awwww no Dragon Challenge? Booooo.

It is interesting to see that USH could be getting the Great Hall Restaurant that was rumored to be coming to Japan's version as well... It also begs to question that, depending on the size of the restaurant complex, could the same restaurant be added to Islands of Adventure's Wizarding World of Harry Potter in the next phase of expansion...

^The rumour I heard is that the food would be prepared in a kitchen below the restaurant, and then pumped up through serving trays fixed to the table. Servers would place lids on the "empty" trays, wait a few seconds while the trays are filled, then remove the lid. Frankly this sounds like a joke to me, but if they could pull it off it'd be impressive.

That sounds like the only possible way to do it. Unless they hired a real wizard

It's a team job: one employee will yell " Hey did you just take his wallet? He just took that guy's wallet!" Then as the guest are looking they'll quickly place the food on the table.

I lol'd pretty hard at that.

Sounds like it could be a logistical nightmare but only time will tell. I think people would be more concerned with the setting then how the food gets to them. But this is probably a mandate coming down from "Your highness"

I'm sure however they do it the restaurant will still be cool.

I'm guessing Flight of the Hippogriff will be a clone of the one in Orlando, but I'm hoping it could end up being a large-scale family coaster/mine train, similar to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train going into the Magic Kingdom.

I'm sure however they do it the restaurant will still be cool.

I'm guessing Flight of the Hippogriff will be a clone of the one in Orlando, but I'm hoping it could end up being a large-scale family coaster/mine train, similar to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train going into the Magic Kingdom.

I know there was a Jurassic Park family roller coaster that was rumored for IoA. Wasn't it supposedly set to have some indoor scenes mixed in as you rush through? If so, I hope that's what they go for. I think it will be more like just a standard family coaster though.

Honestly, don't expect it to be anything different from what's at IoA. It would be cool, but I just don't see them making that happen. Historically, USH has always gotten "watered" down versions of its Florida counter parts. ET and the Mummy come to mind. Not that they will water down these additions, but I don't think we can expect it to be substantially different from Florida's version.

It is interesting to see that USH could be getting the Great Hall Restaurant that was rumored to be coming to Japan's version as well... It also begs to question that, depending on the size of the restaurant complex, could the same restaurant be added to Islands of Adventure's Wizarding World of Harry Potter in the next phase of expansion...

I also wonder why they will pull off the location. Seeing as the castle is atop the rides show building (and that JK Rowling is crazy) will we have to enter "the castle" and then head to the great hall or ride? That would be cool to have something else "located" within the castle.

A shop and a counter-service restaurant don't make much of a village.

I have a hard time believing they won't have a Honeyduke's even Zonko's.

I agree, I think they will totally have all the same shops as IOA. The person who saw the model may have just not mentioned them. I mean, why would they build this whole land without the built in shopping district? LOL

I agree, I think they will totally have all the same shops as IOA. The person who saw the model may have just not mentioned them. I mean, why would they build this whole land without the built in shopping district? LOL

If anything, the only shop I see them removing is the tavern. Springfield is most-likely coming soon and there will already be a tavern not to terribly far off from Hogwarts. That would be a very foolish business move to miss out on more opportunities to earn money.

Should Universal build a Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit clone in Universal Studios Hollywood? If not, then at least a similar ride like Hollywood Dream in Osaka?

I would love it if they did that. I really would. To make it somewhat seem realistic in my wishful thinking, they could have the ride start where Shrek is (This would be Shrek's replacement), go past WaterWorld, run past the front and through CityWalk, backstage around WW and then back to the station. To help keep the noise down, the supports could be filled with sand (Like they did with the Mummy) and have scream shields on the restraints (Maliboomer). They could even have a few scream tunnels along the way. It would have to be another type of coaster as the one in Florida is just too low capacity and has experienced too many problems (B & M like Hulk maybe?). If they did that, it would be isolated into the property enough where it wouldn't create too much noise for the neighbors.

The unfortunate thing is, it's realistically unlikely. It just seems too risky. If they have to keep the noise down for WaterWorld after a certain hour for the neighbors, even with all of the sound barriers they have been installing, I'm very doubtful. I think Mummy is as close as we're going to get to a having a descent coaster. It's nice wishful thinking though. Not realistic, but if they really wanted to, I think...I think this time...it's GOING TO WORK!

They could build a new area for it and have it whip through the lower lot.

Should Universal build a Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit clone in Universal Studios Hollywood? If not, then at least a similar ride like Hollywood Dream in Osaka?

I would love it if they did that. I really would. To make it somewhat seem realistic in my wishful thinking, they could have the ride start where Shrek is (This would be Shrek's replacement), go past WaterWorld, run past the front and through CityWalk, backstage around WW and then back to the station. To help keep the noise down, the supports could be filled with sand (Like they did with the Mummy) and have scream shields on the restraints (Maliboomer). They could even have a few scream tunnels along the way. It would have to be another type of coaster as the one in Florida is just too low capacity and has experienced too many problems (B & M like Hulk maybe?). If they did that, it would be isolated into the property enough where it wouldn't create too much noise for the neighbors.

The unfortunate thing is, it's realistically unlikely. It just seems too risky. If they have to keep the noise down for WaterWorld after a certain hour for the neighbors, even with all of the sound barriers they have been installing, I'm very doubtful. I think Mummy is as close as we're going to get to a having a descent coaster. It's nice wishful thinking though. Not realistic, but if they really wanted to, I think...I think this time...it's GOING TO WORK!

They could build a new area for it and have it whip through the lower lot.

It is not possible to build a coaster in the lower lot because it is right next to the studios. They have strict sound limits there. Even the mummy's track had to be filled with sand.

After harry potter world is installed, what room do they have left to build on? But knowing Universal, they will cramped something somewhere.

There is no need to build a clone, USH isn't starting with an already installed coaster.

USH will never build an outdoor rollercoaster. They are first and foremost a movie studio with insane sound restrictions. Imagine filming a movie when you have a trainload of screaming people flying by every minute. It's not going to happen.

^The rumour I heard is that the food would be prepared in a kitchen below the restaurant, and then pumped up through serving trays fixed to the table. Servers would place lids on the "empty" trays, wait a few seconds while the trays are filled, then remove the lid. Frankly this sounds like a joke to me, but if they could pull it off it'd be impressive.

That sounds like the only possible way to do it. Unless they hired a real wizard

It's a team job: one employee will yell " Hey did you just take his wallet? He just took that guy's wallet!" Then as the guest are looking they'll quickly place the food on the table.

That would be awesome. Of course the employee would have to be dressed in appropriate 1950's clothes.

How popular is Harry Potter in Japan?

http://www.licensing.biz/news/read/creative-licensing-details-merchandise-plans-for-bill-and-ted-s-25th-anniversary/038954

A range of apparel, toys and posters will mark the milestone in 2014

Independent entertainment licensing agency Creative Licensing Corporation has detailed the merchandise programme for Bill and Ted's 25th birthday celebrations in 2014.

The stars of 1989 movie Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and its 1991 sequel Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey celebrate 25 years in 2014, and there will be a range of apparel, toys, posters and live show marking the milestone.

The duo have enjoyed a life beyond the films thanks to Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure at Universal Studios Orlando Florida and Universal Studios Hollywood. The show has been running since 1991 and will now continue to run for the next five years thanks to new deal with Universal.

Elsewhere, a new Bill and Ted comic book series is on the way from BOOM along with collectible figures from Funko and art posters from Mondo.

Fans will also be able to wear Bill and Ted clothing thanks to new deals with apparel makers Global in the UK and Junkfood and ODM in the US.

Bill and Ted will also return to the big screen in the near future, with Alex Winter recently confirming that work is under way for a third film.

image.jpg.f8814b1761db15057b5e4757bdefdb1e.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

Alex Winter and Keanu Reeves have been talking about a third film for the past few years now. Nothing has ever been confirmed or cancelled and both of them always mention how much they love the characters and would do a third film at a moment's notice, regardless of paycheck. I really hope they get someone to fund it!

Also, I had NO idea that next year was the 25th anniversary. I can't wait to see what the parks do for the Halloween show!

Alex Winter and Keanu Reeves have been talking about a third film for the past few years now. Nothing has ever been confirmed or cancelled and both of them always mention how much they love the characters and would do a third film at a moment's notice, regardless of paycheck. I really hope they get someone to fund it!

Also, I had NO idea that next year was the 25th anniversary. I can't wait to see what the parks do for the Halloween show!

I can't imagine them not getting the funding if both stars are committed.