Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 814: Record-breaking RMC hybrid coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby jray21 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:29 pm

I think they're pretty good. Better than most B&M's. Nothing incredible, but pretty good for me.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby rcrider4 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:21 pm

The first section of the tower has been put into place!

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Cyrbuzz » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:20 pm

I posted a question recently about the fate of Rhino Rally and now that post is gone. Was there something in my post that warranted removal from this thread? If there was what was it so I don't make the same mistakes in the future?

Postby ernierocker » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:58 pm

Kumba2013 wrote:I've ridden a few B&M sitdowns(Wildfire, Incredible Hulk, and Kumba of course) and when I rode Kumba I felt it was just meh compared to the other ones I've been on. I honestly have never been wowed by any B&M sitdowns.

Your username is Kumba2013 but you thought Kumba was "meh"?!?!

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:06 pm

^That's kind of what I thought too.
Nice to see vertical construction has begun, this will be one hell of a drop ride!
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:19 pm

Busch Gardens Tampa has sent us a press release regarding the upcoming remodeling of Timbuktu into the realm of Pantopia, encompassing the brand new Falcon's Fury!

Busch Gardens® Tampa has announced that when it launches Falcon’s Fury™, North America’s tallest freestanding drop tower, in spring 2014, it will also unveil its newest land – Pantopia™.

Currently known as Timbuktu, the fully remodeled Pantopia™ will boast elaborately-jeweled theming and feature thrilling rides and attractions, sensational new food and beverage options, exciting entertainment, shopping, a renovated indoor theater and more.

Located in the heart of Busch Gardens, the centerpiece of Pantopia™ will be Falcon’s Fury™. The one-of-a-kind drop tower will stand at 335 feet and beckon guests from across the globe as it takes riders soaring straight down. At the ride’s highest point there is an element of surprise. Like its bird of prey namesake, riders will pivot 90 degrees in midair to a face-down dive position. An instant later they'll plunge 60 mph at 3.5 Gs straight down.

In addition to Falcon’s Fury™, this completely reimagined land will be a creative haven that has been inspired by centuries of world travelers, offering something for every member of the family.

“In addition to the power and allure of Falcon’s Fury™, Pantopia™ will celebrate the spirit of animals, welcome adventurers from the four corners of the earth, explore ancient lore and display fantastic architecture,” says Busch Gardens Park President Jim Dean. “Guests will find multiple portals and doorways and learn about the legends that have drawn journeyers from around the world to Pantopia™. Plus, family favorites like the Scorpion, Phoenix, Bush Flyers, Desert Runners and the Kiddie Train will return.”

For more updates about Falcon’s Fury™ and Pantopia™, go to falconsfury.com. And be the first to know about new events and special deals by following the park’s blog at BuschGardensTampaBlog.com. You can also “like” the Busch Gardens Facebook page, and follow @buschgardens on Twitter, on Pinterest and Instagram.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:46 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Recycled TP is fine

Postby IneedTPforbunghole » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:47 pm

This is really going to pump new life into Timbuktu! Great to see that area getting some well-deserved TLC.

Postby Vonni » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:48 pm

^^ I wonder if the exisiting rides will be rethemed/renamed?

Team Alcide!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay(BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby live2tell75 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:35 pm

I wonder if Sand Serpent and the carousel will still be in this area or moved to other areas of the park since they weren't mentioned?

Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay(BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby beastadat » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:24 pm

Love it that Busch Gardens is re-theking this land. I hope Scorpion gets a new color during this conversion, as well as a new 4-D show for the empty theater building.
Good Job Busch Gardens!
Coaster Credits:
-Steel: 26
-Wood: 2
-Parks I've been to: All Disney Parks in the U.S., Universal Orlando, Knott's Berry Farm, and Busch Gardens Tampa

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!