Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

P. 74: THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD opens on March 27th, 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

Postby simon8899 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:05 pm

^In Denmark they could use heaters for a good time of the year... ;)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:02 am

Lots of news coming out of Legoland Florida today!

First off, I attended the ground breaking ceremony for the new Legoland Hotel which will open in 2015. The hotel will feature 152 rooms with plenty of land available for expansion. The hotel will sit just to the left of the park entrance and guests will have easy access in and out of the park. Here is a quote from the press release:
“The opening of a LEGOLAND Hotel will transition LEGOLAND Florida from a single-day visit theme park to a multi-day resort destination,” said Jones. “This will serve as a catalyst for future economic development in Polk County.”

Welcoming guests with a multicolored exterior and entrance, the four-story LEGOLAND Hotel will immerse families with young children in the world of LEGO®, as an extension of the vibrant and interactive theme park experience. Created to bring children’s imaginations to life, the LEGO-themed hotel will feature 152 brightly colored and highly themed rooms and suites, LEGO décor; interactive play areas; a pool and a restaurant.

LEGOLAND Florida Hotel will add 250 construction-related jobs during the construction, and another 250 jobs to its employee base to staff the new hotel upon completion.

In other news, Coastersaurus re-opened today with the new GCI "Mini-llennium Flyer" trains. While the trains look and ride GREAT, I have to be honest it was disappointing to hear that the height restriction was raised from 36" to 42". I really hope the park can work with Great Coasters to lower that a bit, at least to 40" to match The Dragon also at Legoland as well as other rides in the area. The 40" mark is kind of a key height restriction in Central Florida. How do you tell a kid "Sorry, Johnny, I know you were able to ride Tower of Terror, Test Track, Big Thunder Mountain, Dinosaur, Star Tours, Splash Mountain, Spider-Man, and Transformers... but you can't ride the junior woodie at Legoland." Gotta think something can be done (38" with an adult, 42" to ride alone maybe?)

Anyway, here's some photos & video!
legoland_01.jpg
Welcome to Legoland Florida! Today we are here for the ground breaking of something exciting!

legoland_02.jpg
In just a few moments, Legoland will announce a huge new expansion!

legoland_03.jpg
Adrian Jones, Legoland Florida General Manager takes the stage.

legoland_04.jpg
The new Legoland Florida Hotel will be open in 2015!

legoland_05.jpg
Now for the official ground breaking....

legoland_06.jpg
...err maybe brick tossing! =)

legoland_07.jpg
Welcoming guests with a multicolored exterior and entrance, the four-story LEGOLAND Hotel will immerse families with young children in the world of LEGO®, as an extension of the vibrant and interactive theme park experience.

legoland_08.jpg
Created to bring children’s imaginations to life, the LEGO-themed hotel will feature 152 brightly colored and highly themed rooms and suites, LEGO décor; interactive play areas; a pool and a restaurant.

legoland_09.jpg
The hotel will be built, directly to the left of LEGOLAND Florida’s entrance, just steps from Lake Eloise.

legoland_10.jpg
LEGOLAND Florida Hotel will add 250 construction-related jobs during the construction, and another 250 jobs to its employee base to staff the new hotel upon completion.

legoland_11.jpg
Let's go take a look at the new Coastersaurus trains!

legoland_12.jpg
GCI has creating these new "Mini-llennium Flyer" trains for Legoland.

legoland_13.jpg
They look FANTASTIC!!!

legoland_14.jpg
The only disappointing news is that the height restriction for this ride has been raised from 36" to 42". The reality is this - the ride is VERY tame and it's obvious it was originally designed for a much younger audience. The Dragon, which is also located at Legoland Florida is a much wilder ride and only has a 40" height restriction. Hopefully something can be done to correct that.

legoland_15.jpg
And off they go!

legoland_16.jpg
The very first "junior Millennium Flyers" have left the station!

legoland_17.jpg
Banks Lee gives it a thumbs up (of course! He's tall enough to ride!) =)

legoland_18.jpg
Would you all like to go for a ride? Of course you would! Check out the POV video below...

legoland_19.jpg
Here is the current entrance to Legoland Florida. The new hotel will be off to the left. That means this view will be changing soon! We look forward to more additions to Legoland! It's a great park and we hope everyone that visits Central Florida will visit!
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:08 am.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby better_by_design » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:07 am

This looks very cool - and definitely sets a personal goal to brainwash my soon-to-be-born son effectively enough that this becomes a must-visit destination in a few years!
"I am fascinated, always."
My Overseas Adventures TRsImage

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:14 am

Awesome update! It's great to see just how much love the Legoland parks have been getting in recent years. Great upgrade to a ride that existed before the park did, and the fact that they feel comfortable building a hotel means they're pulling in great numbers! Really glad to see this kind of expansion from the Lego parks.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby arby » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:36 am

The hotel looks great as well as the new mini-lliniem trains! As a huge fan of LEGOs I still can't believe we haven't been to the park yet. It is on our plans when we go to FL next year.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:44 am

The new hotel looks good, and should be a nice draw. It is a shame about the new hieght requirement for Coastersaurus, though.
Last edited by cfc on Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:44 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:48 pm

It's sad that a park that caters to families so well has increased the height limit so much.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:48 pm

And add seatbelts. Weren't the previous trains just a lapbar?
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby GwaziBSRider1 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:27 pm

I really like the lap bars on the new trains. The Millennium Flyer's lap bars can really dig into the stomach sometimes (especially when you get those ride ops who insist that the bar is three clicks down farther than it should....), but these look wonderful.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:40 pm

Moose wrote:It's sad that a park that caters to families so well has increased the height limit so much.

I like the trains, but share these exact sentiments.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!