TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Busch Gardens Tampa has sent us a press release regarding the upcoming remodeling of Timbuktu into the realm of Pantopia, encompassing the brand new Falcon's Fury!

Busch Gardens® Tampa has announced that when it launches Falcon’s Fury™, North America’s tallest freestanding drop tower, in spring 2014, it will also unveil its newest land – Pantopia™.

Currently known as Timbuktu, the fully remodeled Pantopia™ will boast elaborately-jeweled theming and feature thrilling rides and attractions, sensational new food and beverage options, exciting entertainment, shopping, a renovated indoor theater and more.

Located in the heart of Busch Gardens, the centerpiece of Pantopia™ will be Falcon’s Fury™. The one-of-a-kind drop tower will stand at 335 feet and beckon guests from across the globe as it takes riders soaring straight down. At the ride’s highest point there is an element of surprise. Like its bird of prey namesake, riders will pivot 90 degrees in midair to a face-down dive position. An instant later they'll plunge 60 mph at 3.5 Gs straight down.

In addition to Falcon’s Fury™, this completely reimagined land will be a creative haven that has been inspired by centuries of world travelers, offering something for every member of the family.

“In addition to the power and allure of Falcon’s Fury™, Pantopia™ will celebrate the spirit of animals, welcome adventurers from the four corners of the earth, explore ancient lore and display fantastic architecture,” says Busch Gardens Park President Jim Dean. “Guests will find multiple portals and doorways and learn about the legends that have drawn journeyers from around the world to Pantopia™. Plus, family favorites like the Scorpion, Phoenix, Bush Flyers, Desert Runners and the Kiddie Train will return.”

For more updates about Falcon’s Fury™ and Pantopia™, go to falconsfury.com. And be the first to know about new events and special deals by following the park’s blog at BuschGardensTampaBlog.com. You can also “like” the Busch Gardens Facebook page, and follow @buschgardens on Twitter, on Pinterest and Instagram.

image.thumb.jpg.6efcacd9684b9ae83546ba93064b4289.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.e4f3d1862159dbc7b5edc12af8e9ed3f.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.d81e6818b4c64e97792b2ab427dd8c5d.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.0b9ff10dcff2a673a411859d80f4ce2e.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.86dda4d52f2d41642ae05721de52c9e6.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.6265686b0af50f2fef0691ae6fd08051.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

One thing I wish would happen is a pathway from Pantopia straight to Sheikra (perhaps in-between the Desert Grill and Scorpion and relocate Scorpion's entrance to the other side therefore there would be more room in the station). It would be really convenient for people so you don't have to walk all the way around just to get there.

^^ I wonder if the exisiting rides will be rethemed/renamed?

I wonder if Scorpion's days are numbered? Seems like the perfect spot to put in a big new ride.

I didn't even think of that. Especially if they removed Stanley Falls. They would have a ton of room for a new ride.

tampabg.jpg.12fd746c706f2ab9973182e4559683f4.jpg

^^ I wonder if the exisiting rides will be rethemed/renamed?

I wonder if Scorpion's days are numbered? Seems like the perfect spot to put in a big new ride.

I certainly hope not! I would be very upset if that were to happen!

I hope Scorpion stays, my son loves that little coaster and it's one of only a few he can ride right now at 48inches. I too like that little coaster it is a fun coaster for the size and compact layout. I hope Stanleyville Falls doesn't end up on the chopping block anytime in the future. It's a classic plus being one of the longest flumes in the country.

Plus, family favorites like the Scorpion, Phoenix, Bush Flyers, Desert Runners and the Kiddie Train will return.”

^Scorpion is staying.

Pantopia sounds like a nice way to refresh Timbuktu. I'm glad that Busch is going all out for Falcon's Fury.

I didn't mean that Scorpion would be leaving anytime soon or with this re-theme. But could it's days be "numbered?" Every park has a 5-year and 10-year plan. With re-theming an entire area, makes me wonder about things like a ride that's 30 years old and how much life it has left.

The thing that could save it is it's relatively small footprint. Unless Stanley Falls gets the axe too, The area gained by removing Scorpion just isn't that large.

You could get a pretty wicked eurofighter in there...

^That's actually a great point. The press release doesn't reference the 4-D theater at all... I wonder what we could see happen to that venue with the coming of Pantopia, whether it be concurrent with the realm remodeling or after Falcon's Fury opens. It certainly is a big enough plot to support a DarKastle style attraction.

Hmmm...I wonder what will happen to the 3-D theater.

Well, Tampa could be going the route of what Williamsburg is doing with the Globe theater for 2014. Converting the venue back to a live entertainment facility. I think its been nearly 20 years since real performers have been on that stage (Though, they might have done a short run of a "Sesame Street" themed show when the kids "Forest of Fun" area opened). Tampa appears to be doing the same.