Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 282: HHN Photo Trip Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Postby Woodie Warrior » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:12 pm

Sounds pretty close to what's been said. I'm still intrigued as to how they'll pull off the magically appearing food in the Great Hall, if they do decide to do that. Have they patented anything that could work to do the effect?
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby azza29 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:34 pm

^The rumour I heard is that the food would be prepared in a kitchen below the restaurant, and then pumped up through serving trays fixed to the table. Servers would place lids on the "empty" trays, wait a few seconds while the trays are filled, then remove the lid. Frankly this sounds like a joke to me, but if they could pull it off it'd be impressive.

Postby Woodie Warrior » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:38 pm

azza29 wrote:^The rumour I heard is that the food would be prepared in a kitchen below the restaurant, and then pumped up through serving trays fixed to the table. Servers would place lids on the "empty" trays, wait a few seconds while the trays are filled, then remove the lid. Frankly this sounds like a joke to me, but if they could pull it off it'd be impressive.

That sounds like the only possible way to do it. Unless they hired a real wizard ;)

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby necoastergp » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:07 am

^^That would be impressive, sad part is some people would believe it is real magic lol.
Coasters: 106 (Steel:90 Wood:16) Parks:19

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:18 am

Woodie Warrior wrote:
azza29 wrote:^The rumour I heard is that the food would be prepared in a kitchen below the restaurant, and then pumped up through serving trays fixed to the table. Servers would place lids on the "empty" trays, wait a few seconds while the trays are filled, then remove the lid. Frankly this sounds like a joke to me, but if they could pull it off it'd be impressive.

That sounds like the only possible way to do it. Unless they hired a real wizard ;)

It's a team job: one employee will yell " Hey did you just take his wallet? He just took that guy's wallet!" Then as the guest are looking they'll quickly place the food on the table.

Postby azza29 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:30 am

All I can think of is the sorts of things they'll have to do to the food to be able to pump it up to the tables. Boneless turkey leg, anyone?

Postby Wes » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:10 pm

Top Thrill Dragster wrote:Word is that Universal just held a community meeting inside the globe theater. During the presentation they had a model of Hollywoods WWOHP

Hollywoods will feature:

Forbbiden Journey

Great Hall Resturant

Flight of The Hippogriff

Three Broomsticks

Olivanders.

Awwww no Dragon Challenge? Booooo. ;) ;)

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:10 pm

It is interesting to see that USH could be getting the Great Hall Restaurant that was rumored to be coming to Japan's version as well... It also begs to question that, depending on the size of the restaurant complex, could the same restaurant be added to Islands of Adventure's Wizarding World of Harry Potter in the next phase of expansion...
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby Gnome » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:22 pm

Garet wrote:
Woodie Warrior wrote:

It's a team job: one employee will yell " Hey did you just take his wallet? He just took that guy's wallet!" Then as the guest are looking they'll quickly place the food on the table.

I lol'd pretty hard at that.

Sounds like it could be a logistical nightmare but only time will tell. I think people would be more concerned with the setting then how the food gets to them. But this is probably a mandate coming down from "Your highness"
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

Postby Woodie Warrior » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:27 pm

I'm sure however they do it the restaurant will still be cool.

I'm guessing Flight of the Hippogriff will be a clone of the one in Orlando, but I'm hoping it could end up being a large-scale family coaster/mine train, similar to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train going into the Magic Kingdom.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!