Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1858 - New shows & food for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby OISU8P » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:11 am

Good thing for Kennywood that they took out the Gold Rusher a few years back... ;)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bill_s » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:40 pm

mhuffva wrote: Kings Dominion offered to have the person tour the attraction and show what was in it. The person refused the offer.

Really! REALLY?!?

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby mhuffva » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:15 am

Kings Dominion has "dug up" a little something from the park's past. Another 40th anniversary morsel to chew on (Well, figuratively anyway).

Something original from the 1970's.

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:22 am

KD Twitter

Looks like a GCI layout to me on this KD 40th Anniversary teaser photo but there has been zero rumors of a new coaster coming down the pipe. Thoughts?
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:39 am

No way it's a new coaster. They wouldn't be announcing that at this stage of the game. It's probably something for their 40th anniversary celebration.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby vacoaster09 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:47 am

Looks like two mushrooms with big eyes.
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby smallpox » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:50 am

vacoaster09 wrote:Looks like two mushrooms with big eyes.

looks to me like the piano-playing toad from the singing mushrooms, not yet painted??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgvwmSQT7GI

edit: on their facebook page they have another photo and it is definitely him! i am so excited!

Last edited by smallpox on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:05 am.

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:59 am

coasterbill wrote:No way it's a new coaster. They wouldn't be announcing that at this stage of the game. It's probably something for their 40th anniversary celebration.

That's what I was thinking as well.
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby boughtontroy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:09 pm

KD will annouce a 1st big suprise for 40th Anniversary tomorrow at 10am on Facebook.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:10 am

Press release in from Kings Dominion this morning...

They’re Back! ‘Singing Mushrooms’ To Return to Kings Dominion
Original Family Icon to be Completely Refabricated for 40th Celebration

DOSWELL, VA. (November 14, 2013) — Kings Dominion is excited to announce the iconic ‘Singing Mushrooms’ will make their grand return in the Spring of 2014 as part of the kick-off to the park’s 40th Celebration. This fan-favorite that families came to know and love, will feature the original four colorful mushrooms along with the infamous frog, all singing to their favorite barbershop songs.

“When Kings Dominion announced its 40th Celebration earlier this fall, the response was overwhelming that our guests wanted to see the popular Singing Mushrooms brought back,” said Kings Dominion’s Vice President and General Manager Pat Jones. “As an employee and fan of Kings Dominion since the 70’s, I am excited to see one of my personal favorites return to the park for a new generation of guests to enjoy.”

Garner Holt Productions, Inc. (GHP) from San Bernardino, California was chosen to assist in the refabrication of the Singing Mushrooms. GHP is the world’s largest designer and manufacturer of animatronics for theme parks, museums, dining and retail locations. The company has built nearly 4,000 animatronic figures, hundreds of animated props and show action systems. Most recently, they worked on a restoration of the Timber Mountain Log Ride at Kings Dominion’s sister park, Knott’s Berry Farm in California.

GHP and Kings Dominion are working together to maintain the rich history of the Singing Mushrooms, but also add 21st century animatronic technology to it. The new Singing Mushrooms will have more character to the figures with subtle additional functions not seen in the original animatronics. The Singing Mushrooms will be located in the newly re-themed Candy Apple Grove section of the park.

Kings Dominion’s 40th Celebration will begin when the park opens for its 40th season on Saturday, April 5, 2014. You can reminisce during the off-season by visiting http://www.kingsdominion.com/celebration. The park’s 40th Celebration website includes historical facts, photos and videos and the latest announcements regarding this exciting celebration.

Kings Dominion is also currently offering a limited time special. Purchase tickets at http://www.kingsdominion.com/tickets for just $40. Tickets are valid for any one day visit through Memorial Day 2014.

About Kings Dominion and Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Kings Dominion is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded partnership that is listed for trading on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “FUN.” In addition to Kings Dominion, Cedar Fair owns and operates ten other amusement parks, three water parks, one indoor water park, and five hotels. Cedar Fair also operates the Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in California under a management contract.
image.jpg
Singing Mushrooms Frog Mold 2014 is the mold of the frog for the Singing Mushrooms that GHP is currently producing. Additional molds of the 4 mushrooms will be released in the future.
image.jpg
Singing Mushrooms Location 2014 is where the mushrooms will be installed, across from the Dodgem bumper cars attraction, in the newly re-themed Candy Apple Grove.
image.jpg
Original Singing Mushrooms is a picture of the original Singing Mushrooms that were located near the former Sky Ride at Kings Dominion from the 1970’s until the early 1990’s.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!