TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

I really want that Premier Roundabout to get relocated. A ferris wheel as a lift hill? Someone has got to buy that!

I hope someone gets that too and keeps the lift as is. Very unique but I can see maintenance being a pain and replacing it with a standard lift hill.

I really want that Premier Roundabout to get relocated. A ferris wheel as a lift hill? Someone has got to buy that!

I hope someone gets that too and keeps the lift as is. Very unique but I can see maintenance being a pain and replacing it with a standard lift hill.

During the Freestyle season, I was told by a girl minding the closed coaster that they had a machine shop and 3 people, to fabricate replacement parts for the thing. I'm guessing that Premiere probably wasn't too cooperative when the bills were overdue. Just about all the HRP/FP vendors were owed, including a lot of small local companies that could hardly afford it. I heard that these new rides can be monitored and controlled remotely- I wonder if Premiere hit the 'off' button? That might explain why the water coaster also wasn't working when I was there.

As I was looking at the mechanism, she remarked "isn't it awesome?!". I responded "yeah, but it would be even more awesome if it worked."

That's progress at least...

Wouldn't be surprised if an auction for the rest of the parks equipment is forthcoming.

There's tons of neat stuff there, non-ride related. There's a bar with a brick wall behind it- that was originally the wall behind the stage at CBGB's. I don't know if they still have it, but they had the bus from 'Magical Mystery Tour'- and it ran, too.

Seems like something Kentucky Kingdom would be interested pursuing, but they probably would've made that deal before the open sale went online, right?

People keep saying how this would be good for Kentucky Kingdom. Personally, I'd rather see Kentucky Kingdom get something different. This ride obviously didn't help Hard Rock Park stay in business so why would it be the savior for Kentucky Kingdom?

If anything, I'm more interested to see how Thunder Run operates after it's been given some Rocky Mountain love!

Seems like something Kentucky Kingdom would be interested pursuing, but they probably would've made that deal before the open sale went online, right?

People keep saying how this would be good for Kentucky Kingdom. Personally, I'd rather see Kentucky Kingdom get something different. This ride obviously didn't help Hard Rock Park stay in business so why would it be the savior for Kentucky Kingdom?

If anything, I'm more interested to see how Thunder Run operates after it's been given some Rocky Mountain love!

I wouldn't expect them to pick up an old coaster that had to be intentionally designed to be average like Led Zepplein/TTM, but maybe they'd pick up another thing to plug in the park somewhere. Rocky Mountain treating Thunder Run and KK putting in something new and exciting but not world-title-belt holding would be more worthwhile considering the cash they want to sink in.

That's progress at least...

Wouldn't be surprised if an auction for the rest of the parks equipment is forthcoming.

There's tons of neat stuff there, non-ride related. There's a bar with a brick wall behind it- that was originally the wall behind the stage at CBGB's. I don't know if they still have it, but they had the bus from 'Magical Mystery Tour'- and it ran, too.

I think those were all on loan from the Hard Rock collection?

I heard that these new rides can be monitored and controlled remotely- I wonder if Premiere hit the 'off' button? That might explain why the water coaster also wasn't working when I was there.

As I was looking at the mechanism, she remarked "isn't it awesome?!". I responded "yeah, but it would be even more awesome if it worked."

I heard the same thing!

I'm really hoping all the rides go to American parks. I never got to visit this park and I'd really like to ride some of these rides. Time Machine is similar to Kumba at BGT and that's one of my favorite coasters, so it'd be convenient if I didn't have to travel to far to get the credit when it is relocated. The rest of the coasters look like kiddie coasters but I'd ride them regardless if I didn't have to go to far to ride them. Six Flags or Cedar Fair needs to show some of their smaller parks some love, Michigan's Adventure or Great Escape would make a good fit for these coasters imo.

I am happy to see all of these rides officially for sale to hopefully put an end to the rumors of the park reopening. From what I remember when we went to FMP was that all the rides were decent but nothing stood out to me as outstanding. It is great to see that most, if not all, of these rides will continue to have a life elsewhere instead of just wasting away.

I honestly can see Time Machine heading to Kentucky Kingdom. From what I heard, they're looking to build a coaster that's about 150 feet tall, which Time Machine is. Also, it would fit where Chang once stood. I'm not sure, but it seems like a great fit to me.

I honestly can see Time Machine heading to Kentucky Kingdom. From what I heard, they're looking to build a coaster that's about 150 feet tall, which Time Machine is. Also, it would fit where Chang once stood. I'm not sure, but it seems like a great fit to me.

Kentucky Kingdom is using the old Chang spot for the new water park expansion, so I can't see Kentucky Kingdom having much use for Time Machine. However, I could see Kentucky Kingdom purchasing flat rides from Freestyle Music Park, but that's about it.

While I want to see Led Zep set up again, I'm more interested as to where Iron Horse is heading. Vekoma mine trains are typically pretty good, how was this one?
I really wish I knew. I visited Myrtle Beach a month after it closed for good. -.- But it seems like the Mine Train model is the only good coaster made by Vekoma! But I do like Great Nor'Easter and Sidewinder because of those new trains.

While I want to see Led Zep set up again, I'm more interested as to where Iron Horse is heading. Vekoma mine trains are typically pretty good, how was this one?

I thought it was just ok. There weren't any rides at the park that were memorable (that I can remember).

Vekoma Mine Trains lend themselves well to theming. Hard Freestyle Rock Park's was just plunked down on a lawn (although it did have music and fire at the end). But I could see the same ride being more enjoyable at another park if given a decent "mine" or "mountain" setting.