TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

I hope it turns out better than Santa Kong did for USH!

WDW sells itself as a vacation (especially during the holidays), so upping their seasonal offerings should only further help them bring more locals in.

^ But I'm not sure that's what they're targeting? Their business seems much more set in the families that visit every decade from all over the earth (who I'm sure they make more money on per person/day) than the locals.

Personally I'd love to see seasonal stuff, but I'm not sure it serves the mail market that I think WDW is targeting.

I find it really interesting that they're doing this at one of the Florida resorts! Maybe a step in the direction of getting Haunted Mansion Holiday!?!?

Oh, I really hope so! I'm sure there will be a lot of eyes on this one to see if a seasonal make-over of an attraction will go over well. I totally understand why WDW doesn't do it, but I'd love to see Haunted Mansion Holiday here!

Why doesn't WDW do it? You have me curious now.

^ But I'm not sure that's what they're targeting? Their business seems much more set in the families that visit every decade from all over the earth (who I'm sure they make more money on per person/day) than the locals.

Personally I'd love to see seasonal stuff, but I'm not sure it serves the mail market that I think WDW is targeting.

I think the majority of people who visit WDW have already planned their vacations regardless of what the holiday offerings are. It certainly enhances their experience and may help entice them to return next holiday season, but I doubt there are many people out there who are now planning trips to WDW because this was announced.

On the flip side, locals (or anyone in range to make it a day trip/mini vacation), might be enticed to go back to the park because it is something new for them.

I think the majority of people who visit WDW have already planned their vacations regardless of what the holiday offerings are. It certainly enhances their experience and may help entice them to return next holiday season, but I doubt there are many people out there who are now planning trips to WDW because this was announced.

I'm timing my next visit to coincide with the holiday season, even as an "occasional" visitor the seasonal offerings add a lot to the experience. But they probably don't give the same boost to attendance at WDW as DLR, where the APs will turn up in their thousands to experience a new sandwich!

• 2 weeks later...

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2013!

We kicked off the "Holiday Season" with this annual event at Magic Kingdom! Check it out...

We have even included two complete "ride through" videos of Jingle Cruise!

Link: http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=116&linkid=13202

POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

^And by the time she catches on, maybe she'll have outgrown her Carousel of Progress phase.

Never!!!! Of course she will never see it with the great ending it had in California. When at the end you got to go up the escalator and see the city of the future!

I was really torn about getting glow with the show ears. They seem really cool, but as someone that goes to the Disney parks infrequently, it didn't seem to be worth it to me. Especially because I am making everyone else's show better but not my own.

^Can't she see that on the Peoplemoover in Florida? Oh, the irony!

I forgot about that. The city goes by to fast when on the ride. I used to love to stand there and look at the model when I was a kid. Can we stop the Peoplemoover next time I'm there?

I was really torn about getting glow with the show ears. They seem really cool, but as someone that goes to the Disney parks infrequently, it didn't seem to be worth it to me. Especially because I am making everyone else's show better but not my own.

This IMO seems to be the biggest flaw with the Glow With The Show ears. Putting aside the fact that I think the ears actually make it distracting for whatever show you're trying to watch (especially the castle projection show, IMO), you are being asked to spend $25 on something that you can't actually see, and that enhances the show for everyone else BUT you.

And the only hope you have is that other people have also spent the $25 so that you'll be able to take part in whatever the ears do, because you'll have no idea as you can't see them.

I dunno, I have to be honest and say that it's just something that really doesn't appeal to me and I'm not sure where this whole thing will eventually go.

They ears are also heavy and they seem to fall off more because of the additional weight.