SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby Maplepancake » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:44 am

That movie had different opinions on me. I actually got into marine science because of seaworld. Without seaworld 80% of marine scientists wouldn't be in that field. They all dreamed of working with dolphins and whales. I'm guessing most of them were inspired by seaworld.

The beginning of the documentary (bias thing called) actually made me want to train killer whales more. (I wanted to do it since I was 3) Those trainers know the risks and would risk their lives for the whales. Seaworld didn't comment because they didn't want their own words to be twisted around and used against them so it's just easier to be quiet.

People don't realize the good that seaworld does and that's their own opinion but I've been and experienced the back stages of seaworld and got to tube feed a dolphin that couldn't swim. It's great all the conservation they do.

I might not be all for everything seaworld does, but without seaworld I would not be where I am today. So they can try to get all the money they want from that documentary but it's not going towards anything good like a ticket to seaworld does.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382726653.186348.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:49 am

^Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

I think that there are many on this site that agree with you as they are either in the biz, or as enthusiasts, they are already well aware of all the good things that Sea World does for marine life and conservation.

It's the GP you have to worry about...the one's that see a documentary or a piece on the news that is obviously biased and they base their own views on those reports alone and never take the time to research a bit further.

Postby jray21 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:00 pm

SharkTums wrote:I think my issue with all sorts of these 'type' of documentaries is why we feel one animal is above another?

Is it because they're cute? Or bigger? Or deemed smarter? Don't we learn new things about animals and species every day. Haven't they just decided that dolphins are no longer as smart as we originally thought?

Why aren't they advocating to release all of the sharks back into the wild? Why do we only care about certain animals? How many of the people involved in the documentary have pets at home? By now through all of the breeding and generations aren't some of these orcas 'domesticated' like pets? The whole thing to me just seems dumb. SeaWorld is obviously not harming these animals on purpose to make a profit, and they do a TON of good out in the real world.

I totally agree. I remember the whole Dolphin safe tuna thing. If the Dolphins taste good, throw them in the cans! :devil:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:03 pm

Philrad71 wrote:It's the GP you have to worry about...the one's that see a documentary or a piece on the news that is obviously biased and they base their own views on those reports alone and never take the time to research a bit further.

The GP are not smart. They will only focus on this only for as long as until the next thing comes along they they are told to focus on. And when that happens, they will all be back at SeaWorld eating Shamu bars and watching the sea lion show.

I highly doubt this will any long term (or even short term) effects on SeaWorld or any other marine life park.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:43 am

^Exactly. The whole KONY thing comes to mind. As soon as the news finds their next disaster, tragedy, or controversy, no one is going to care about this movie except for animal rights activists.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:19 am

Another Aquatica teaser has been released:

Orlando, Fla. (November 11, 2013) - Get ready to brave a watery free-fall at Aquatica Orlando’s all-new water thrill slide coming in 2014 – Ihu’s Breakaway Falls. The drop slide will be the tallest, steepest and only multi-slide ride of its kind in Orlando.

The slide is named after Ihu, Aquatica Orlando’s colorful gecko, who searches for the biggest thrills, steepest hills and the coolest spills in the waterpark.

Check out the latest video designers released revealing more clues about Ihu’s Breakaway Falls:

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:40 am

So from the looks of things I'm guessing this is going to be a fairly large body slide structure maybe with the Aqua Loop trap door thingys? I really liked Aquatica so another slide is a welcome addition.

Does anyone know how tall Summit Plummit is? I'm kind of surprised it has taken a water park in Orlando this long to go after the "tallest slide" title.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby necoastergp » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:19 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:So from the looks of things I'm guessing this is going to be a fairly large body slide structure maybe with the Aqua Loop trap door thingys? I really liked Aquatica so another slide is a welcome addition.

Does anyone know how tall Summit Plummit is? I'm kind of surprised it has taken a water park in Orlando this long to go after the "tallest slide" title.

I don't think it's taller than Summit Plummit, as it says tallest slide of it's "kind" in Orlando. Based on the teasers it isn't going to be a tall body slide.
Coasters: 106 (Steel:90 Wood:16) Parks:19

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:57 am

^You mean the teasers that show 3 people laying on their backs on a waterslide that suddenly "drop" out of the screen? Yeah there's no way this will be a body slide......

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:37 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:Does anyone know how tall Summit Plummit is? I'm kind of surprised it has taken a water park in Orlando this long to go after the "tallest slide" title.

Summit Plummet is about 120 feet tall, the tallest in the United States until Verruckt opens.

To get the title of "tallest of its kind in Orlando" Aquatica's new slide will have to be taller than Der Stuka at Wet 'n Wild, which is six stories tall.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!