TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Murdy has just said on Twitter that this was the 'was the highest attended and guest rated HHN in the history of USH". I feel a bit frustrated over this as I feel HHN did not meet standards. There were so many things in the event that felt very minimal. I felt like HHN relied too heavily on gags and scares that are very boring and old hat.

I bought the Killer Deal Nights pass that sold so few, and I thought it was not worth it. $129 for a year I felt was disappointing and for the cancellation of the Bill & Ted show later in the run. Half the reason I bought that pass was to go a few nights and to see B & T closing night. After feeling very disappointed over 2013, I won't be buying it next year.

Anyone else feel the same way about HHN this year?

^ I felt the opposite, I loved this year and I too was one of the few who bought Killer Deal Nights (went 9 out of the 10 nights my pass allowed). Loved the Purge scare zone and their line up of mazes this year. Sure, Bill and Ted was cancelled and I too was mad at that decision but hey, hopefully next HHN will be bigger and better. I'll most likely buy KDN again next year due to how much I loved the event this year.

I bought the Killer Deal Nights pass that sold so few, and I thought it was not worth it. $129 for a year I felt was disappointing and for the cancellation of the Bill & Ted show later in the run. Half the reason I bought that pass was to go a few nights and to see B & T closing night. After feeling very disappointed over 2013, I won't be buying it next year.

Considering the absolute cheapest night was $39 as an annual pass holder, there is no way to say that $129 for TEN nights was not a great value. Someone will gladly snatch up the pass you do not plan to buy next year.

I don't think this was was the strongest lineup, but Walking Dead, Evil Dead, and Insidious are three of the best haunts I've been through. Black Sabbath had awesome 3D visuals too. Monsters Remix is fun, but still just House of Horrors with more characters. El Cucuy is a great concept, but you could barely hear the narration. Bill & Ted's dragged on for too long this year anyways.

Yeah, $129 for ten nights is a good deal, if you don't care to spring for Express Passes for one night. Just go back on multiple nights and squeeze everything in.

Exactly! I would have loved to do this, but it was all sold out by the time I saw it online (through facebook)!

Considering the absolute cheapest night was $39 as an annual pass holder, there is no way to say that $129 for TEN nights was not a great value. Someone will gladly snatch up the pass you do not plan to buy next year.

Agreed. Not even going to go into how much I hate hearing people bitch about stupid crap, so I'll just leave it at that...

Would a full-size, outdoor coaster be awesome? Absolutely! Will they? You can never say never, but I would highly highly highly doubt it since it hasn't happened by now and the tour/theme park is coming up on 50 years old..

Should Universal build a Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit clone in Universal Studios Hollywood? If not, then at least a similar ride like Hollywood Dream in Osaka?

I would love it if they did that. I really would. To make it somewhat seem realistic in my wishful thinking, they could have the ride start where Shrek is (This would be Shrek's replacement), go past WaterWorld, run past the front and through CityWalk, backstage around WW and then back to the station. To help keep the noise down, the supports could be filled with sand (Like they did with the Mummy) and have scream shields on the restraints (Maliboomer). They could even have a few scream tunnels along the way. It would have to be another type of coaster as the one in Florida is just too low capacity and has experienced too many problems (B & M like Hulk maybe?). If they did that, it would be isolated into the property enough where it wouldn't create too much noise for the neighbors.

The unfortunate thing is, it's realistically unlikely. It just seems too risky. If they have to keep the noise down for WaterWorld after a certain hour for the neighbors, even with all of the sound barriers they have been installing, I'm very doubtful. I think Mummy is as close as we're going to get to a having a descent coaster. It's nice wishful thinking though. Not realistic, but if they really wanted to, I think...I think this time...it's GOING TO WORK!

Word is that Universal just held a community meeting inside the globe theater. During the presentation they had a model of Hollywoods WWOHP

Hollywoods will feature:

Forbbiden Journey

Great Hall Resturant

Flight of The Hippogriff

Three Broomsticks

Olivanders.

If this is true, then this sounds great! Pretty much what I would expect. I'm glad that they'll be able to add Flight of the Hippogriff- it'll give the park a second coaster, even if it is a "family" coaster as opposed to something like Dragon Challenge (which I never considered as a possibility for USH due to noise restrictions and the backlot).

^The rumour I heard is that the food would be prepared in a kitchen below the restaurant, and then pumped up through serving trays fixed to the table. Servers would place lids on the "empty" trays, wait a few seconds while the trays are filled, then remove the lid. Frankly this sounds like a joke to me, but if they could pull it off it'd be impressive.

^The rumour I heard is that the food would be prepared in a kitchen below the restaurant, and then pumped up through serving trays fixed to the table. Servers would place lids on the "empty" trays, wait a few seconds while the trays are filled, then remove the lid. Frankly this sounds like a joke to me, but if they could pull it off it'd be impressive.

That sounds like the only possible way to do it. Unless they hired a real wizard

That sounds like the only possible way to do it. Unless they hired a real wizard

It's a team job: one employee will yell " Hey did you just take his wallet? He just took that guy's wallet!" Then as the guest are looking they'll quickly place the food on the table.