Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 807: Tigris track installation now complete!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby triggernel » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:30 am

^Giraffica!
Snoochie Boochie

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby The Yeti » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:12 pm

That could be enough room for dueling gigas...I'd call it Gwazi! Lions vs Tigers, oh my!

Maybe GiGwazi?

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby rcrider4 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:53 pm

2012jarrett wrote:
Cyrbuzz wrote:Well there seems to be a lot of talk going around about a hyper replacement for Gwazi. It sure would have been nice to see it get the topper track treatment like Texas Giant and Rattler did. The last decent wood coaster in Florida I recall was the Hurricane from defunct Boardwalk and Baseball. I never got a chance to ride Starliner when it was still at Miracle Strip or Cypress Gardens. The former Triple Hurricane at the now Legoland was decent for a small woodie. As for the speculated hyper for Busch, let's hope for a good one that's taller than Sheikra.

Is it too late to count out the RMC rehab for Gwazi? I always thought that the only issue that would prevent that would be lack of maintenance, and I want to say they've been maintaining the Tiger side, though I could very well be wrong.

Restoring Gwazi to more than its former glory with RMC iron horse track and the like would be great. Paint the rails the respective color of the track (yellow rails on Lion, blue rails on Tiger) and get Rocky Mountain or Gerstlauer to make trains and it'll be good as new AND a people eater! Maybe even add a high-speed barrel roll/upside-down high five element on the two airtime hops where the trains intersect each other. I've not ridden it (I get to go through such a painful rite of passage to the online coaster community in a couple days) but it looks beautiful on Google Streetview and it'd be unfortunate to have to tear something that looks that pretty down.

That being said, how painful is it compared to Son of Beast, Mean Streak, The Beast, and Thunderhead? Just out of curiosity. My dad wants to know because he doesn't like rough rides and I'm honestly wondering the same thing.

As for a barrel roll, it would have to happen here:
It would be the perfect spot for one.

As for how painful it is, I have never been on another wooden coaster, but Gwazi isn't too bad. I can ride it more than once without bodily injury, and it is definitely better with the MF trains than with the old PTC ones. I could barely make it through one ride without getting a headache on those.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simaticable » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:15 pm

I didn't think Gwazi was bad when I was at the park in April. Seeing as I was used to rough woodies, and I did sit in the front row as well, I thought it was a decent ride. It gave me a thrill factor, but I would rather ride all the other rides in the park.
Schwarzkopf was a genius; anything less makes you a moron. ;)

Reeks of Books

Postby CorkscrewFoley » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:23 pm

I didn't think Thunderhead was rough...had five rides on it that day. As for Gwazi, I myself would rather just see it torn down for something else...But if you're going to put a coaster in, a compact hyper or giga would do the trick...

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:03 am

Inukaza wrote:Personally, I think they might put in a permanent venue for shows inside gwazi field before they add another ride. Honestly, they use that area a lot now for a multitude of things, and it would be beneficial to add the venue for seasonal reasons and concerts.

Just my 2 cents. Whatever they built, I hope the land is developed for a series of new additions. Gwazi field/Gwazi make up a HUGE area of the park.

I think the land is capable of supporting a more permanent show venue in addition to a major new attraction/realm. Just look at what Sheikra did to the little corner of Stanleyville when it was added. I think we'll continue to see new coasters at Busch Gardens designed with entirely new lands/realms in mind, bringing in other offerings like dining venues, entertainment and animal spaces all into one, like we've seen with Cheetah Hunt, Jungala and (by a stretch) Antarctica: Empire of the Penguins.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby 2012jarrett » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:34 pm

I was on streetview and noticed some undeveloped land back behind Kumba and Congo River Rapids. Is this owned by the park? If it is, maybe they put some sort of covered bridge over Congo River Rapids to get back there? I don't think a Leviathan-esque coaster could fit in Gwazi's spot. I know B&M's magic and could make it fit if they really wanted to but that space back there seems more likely for a giga.

I don't see Gwazi's land as fit for a theater and the reason being is focus. When I went to BGW in 2007, the shows we saw were amazing (Kinetix, Pet Shenanigans, and Castle O'Sullivan, which was my favorite), but I feel like Blackstone puts less emphasis on these shows than the previous owners did. The park seems to have a lot of show buildings and it really needs something big if they want to outdo the rest of the tough competition in Florida. A giga could easily do this, maybe so could a wing coaster. Put the wing coaster in Gwazi's spot and the giga behind Kumba. Maybe a nice air-conditioned dark attraction would fit somewhere in the park, maybe a sister ride to DarKastle in Egypt with Montu. I could also see an S&S Screamin' Swing towering over Egypt with scarabs painted on the arch.

One thing I've always wondered about the park is whether or not BGT is BeeGT. In other words, does this park have the "bees swarm on lift hills" issue that other parks (Dollywood, Carowinds, BGW) has? If so, that could make life really suck on Falcon's Fury. Usually you just move through it and go faster than any bee would probably bother to chase you, but if the tower sways and rocks a nest up there while it's flipping you forward, you stay in the same spot. I'm not sure if drop towers (especially ones this tall) have this issue but I'd like to know if the park in general has it, particularly on Cheetah Hunt at this time of year, how long it usually lasts before it's cleared up, and if there's a strategy to avoid letting it keep you from credits.

Last paranoid Jarrett question, I promise, but does Cheetah Hunt have a height max? It isn't listed on the website. I know Maverick is 6'5 and I'm less than that, should I be fine?

Can't wait to go! :D Thanks for all the help here, everybody!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/18ec287bb60672cae6c938cd59dddba3.jpg[/img][/url]

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Inukaza » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:41 pm

^I really disagree with your opinion on Blackstone and shows. They did plan to bring new show experiences to our Florida parks, especially at Busch Gardens. I.E. Iceploration, Madagascar, A is for Africa, the (6) Christmas Shows that have been revamped/created for Christmas Town, new street experiences, and more!

While yes, they seem to be more adamant with creating more thrills for guests, they haven't forgotten how to make the park a full package. So, honestly, I actually think Blackstone has been putting equal focus on show experiences as the previous owners have, especially at BGT.
Baby, I'm howlin' for you.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:05 pm

Just got caught up on the thread and saw the pictures of the parts arriving. They really do look nice. I can't wait to see it go vertical!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:06 am

Busch Gardens Tampa has sent us a press release announcing the debut of Live from Little People Place presented by Fisher Price for one weekend this month.

For more than five decades, Busch Gardens® Tampa has set the industry’s standard for delivering unforgettable entertainment experiences. From Nov. 20-21, the park is continuing the tradition by partnering with Fisher Price to welcome Fisher Price presents LIVE FROM LITTLE PEOPLE PLACE™.

Fisher Price has stood by their position to celebrate people, places and things through discoveries that spark little stories and big imaginations. Fisher Price presents LIVE FROM LITTLE PEOPLE PLACE™ will give guests the chance to meet the characters that have been a part of a global brand for more than 54 years.

Kids will get a chance to meet Eddie™ (high energy & a ready, fire, aim kind of boy), Sofie (fashion experimenter who is curious & questioning), Tessa (the go-getter who loves to twirl), Mia® (sensitive & gentle, prim & proper) and Koby (the silly jester, full of cosmic energy) during this live stage show.

The five kid characters are led by their teacher and guide, and through song and dance take the audience on an adventure filled with exploration and discovery. Fisher Price presents LIVE FROM LITTLE PEOPLE PLACE!™ is showing for a limited time at Busch Gardens’ Marrakesh Theater.

Kids Get In Free

During show days, Nov. 20-21, children up to age 9 can come enjoy Fisher Price presents LIVE FROM LITTLE PEOPLE PLACE™, along with the rest of Busch Gardens, for FREE. Visit buschgardens.com for details.

Show times are 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. each day. Guests can also take part in a meet-n-greet with the stars from Fisher Price presents LIVE FROM LITTLE PEOPLE PLACE!™ at 11:45 a.m. at Zagora Café.

Be the first to know about new events, special deals and future announcements by following the park’s blog at BuschGardensTampaBlog.com. You can also “like” the Busch Gardens Facebook page, and follow @buschgardens on Twitter, on Pinterest and Instagram.
LP Live Musical Show LOGO 2013 rgb.jpg
Pose1.jpg
Pose2.jpg
Pose3 Art.jpg
Pose4 Dance.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!