Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 282: HHN Photo Trip Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Postby Someotherguyuser » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:27 pm

Murdy has just said on Twitter that this was the 'was the highest attended and guest rated HHN in the history of USH". I feel a bit frustrated over this as I feel HHN did not meet standards. There were so many things in the event that felt very minimal. I felt like HHN relied too heavily on gags and scares that are very boring and old hat.

I bought the Killer Deal Nights pass that sold so few, and I thought it was not worth it. $129 for a year I felt was disappointing and for the cancellation of the Bill & Ted show later in the run. Half the reason I bought that pass was to go a few nights and to see B & T closing night. After feeling very disappointed over 2013, I won't be buying it next year.

Anyone else feel the same way about HHN this year?
Ghostbusters Ride at Universal Studios....let's Make it Happen!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/universal-studios-needs-to-make-a-ghostbusters

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby _IntaMAN_ » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:43 pm

^ I felt the opposite, I loved this year and I too was one of the few who bought Killer Deal Nights (went 9 out of the 10 nights my pass allowed). Loved the Purge scare zone and their line up of mazes this year. Sure, Bill and Ted was cancelled and I too was mad at that decision but hey, hopefully next HHN will be bigger and better. I'll most likely buy KDN again next year due to how much I loved the event this year.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:52 am

I bought the Killer Deal Nights pass that sold so few, and I thought it was not worth it. $129 for a year I felt was disappointing and for the cancellation of the Bill & Ted show later in the run. Half the reason I bought that pass was to go a few nights and to see B & T closing night. After feeling very disappointed over 2013, I won't be buying it next year.

Considering the absolute cheapest night was $39 as an annual pass holder, there is no way to say that $129 for TEN nights was not a great value. Someone will gladly snatch up the pass you do not plan to buy next year.

I don't think this was was the strongest lineup, but Walking Dead, Evil Dead, and Insidious are three of the best haunts I've been through. Black Sabbath had awesome 3D visuals too. Monsters Remix is fun, but still just House of Horrors with more characters. El Cucuy is a great concept, but you could barely hear the narration. Bill & Ted's dragged on for too long this year anyways.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:42 am

Yeah, $129 for ten nights is a good deal, if you don't care to spring for Express Passes for one night. Just go back on multiple nights and squeeze everything in.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby disney4me2001 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:09 pm

cfc wrote:Yeah, $129 for ten nights is a good deal, if you don't care to spring for Express Passes for one night. Just go back on multiple nights and squeeze everything in.

Exactly! I would have loved to do this, but it was all sold out by the time I saw it online (through facebook)!
Feel free to add me on The Simpsons Tapped Out: 1337me_69

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:42 pm

Jew wrote:

Considering the absolute cheapest night was $39 as an annual pass holder, there is no way to say that $129 for TEN nights was not a great value. Someone will gladly snatch up the pass you do not plan to buy next year.

Agreed. Not even going to go into how much I hate hearing people bitch about stupid crap, so I'll just leave it at that...

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:52 am

Quick update: The Minion Mayhem facade is coming along quite nicely.
photo-2.JPG
It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood...
photo-3.JPG
Miss Hattie's Home for Girls is represented too!

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:22 am

All I have to say to that is WOW! It looks absolutely fantastic!
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:25 am

^^Looks like the facade is going to be better than what they have in Florida. Perhaps this is a tradeoff for Hollywood's less-inspiring Transformers building. ;)

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:12 pm

That looks great! Im really happy the attraction got a real facade instead of what Transformers got.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!