Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 632 - Mystic River Falls Announced for 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
X is the best. Tatsu sucks.

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby smartestcoasterkidever! » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:41 pm

^Because it's awesome.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:28 pm

Jaykethekid wrote:Has anyone noticed how loud outlaw run is getting. It has that sort of tire screeching when it has airtime and now it screams on turns. Does anyone know why it is doing this

It's just the wheels because the train is literally trying to pull itself off the track. I actually want to ask SDC how many wheels do they estimate they will go through in a season.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:37 pm

Jaykethekid wrote:Has anyone noticed how loud outlaw run is getting. It has that sort of tire screeching when it has airtime and now it screams on turns. Does anyone know why it is doing this

It's done that off and on throughout the season. I imagine it's most noticeable just before some sort of maintenance. Periodic wheel replacement would make sense.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby CPmillenia94 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:53 pm

You have to remember that the ride has steel wheels.. It is probably just before they oil it that this happens. I've heard wooden coasters makes some pretty nasty screeching sounds when they are running dry.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:19 pm

http://sdc.silverdollarcity.com/kapau/WhiteWater.html?sf18696515=1

Dare to Drop on The Biggest Thrill in White Water History!

KaPau Plummet, coming Spring 2014, will feature two dueling 240-foot slides, each launching from a trap door in a near-vertical body drop, exceeding the thrills of any water ride ever built at White Water, the 13-acre tropically-themed Branson water park. Those brave enough to dare the drop will experience a heart-pumping thrill beginning in an encapsulated slide atop a 40-foot tower. This breath-taking attraction will send you free falling at 26 feet per second before you make your final splash! Be one of the first to dare the drop in 2014 at White Water!
Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 12.16.39 AM.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:15 pm

Mrlittle wrote:

It's just the wheels because the train is literally trying to pull itself off the track. I actually want to ask SDC how many wheels do they estimate they will go through in a season.

In August, I was pretty sure they told us they had not changed a single wheel. In fact the entire thing sounded like it had very little maintenance when it comes to stuff like that.

Postby ernierocker » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:54 am

Yeah, I think the screaming/screeching sound is just part of the ride, not a sign that the wheels are wearing. I know we heard it consistently in August. It was actually funny because you could count each sound off in the distance and know when the ride was about to come up on the barrel roll finale.

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:51 pm

The 2014 SDC calendar says that Kids Fest is becoming the Star Spangled Summer.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:42 pm

My first time at the Old Time Christmas event was great. The lighting is one of the most impressive displays I have ever seen. It definitely makes you go wow. It was chilly, but the rides at night were awesome and the shows were wonderful.

We entered and had a lunch buffet with Santa. This is definitely oriented towards children around the kindergarten age. The price is more than the normal buffets, and if you want seconds you have to go back up quickly because once the "entertainers" come out, they sort of block every path leading back to the food. But all the drinks are free and the food selection is pretty good, especially the cobbler.

Afterwards we picked up our Season Pass ornaments. They can be picked up at the schoolhouse, and are Outlaw Run sheriff badges (of course). The lines are very long since it is also the site to renew your passes, so make sure to rush here early.

After taking my dad on Outlaw Run for the first time, we went to go see the Christmas saloon show. The jokes are a little "edgier", well for a family theme park, and the show is more audience interactive. All around a better show than normal, and I like the normal saloon show a lot.

It's A Wonderful Life was a great show. The projection and sets were well done, and the singing and acting was pretty good too. They did a good job reducing the movie into an hour long musical.

We went to Thunderation, Grandfather's Mansion, and Wildfire next, and went through shops in between. It was time for dinner afterwards, so my dad and I headed to the new pizza restaurant. The pizzas were actually really good, but what else would you expect from Silver Dollar City?

Christmas Carol had great singing voices and a cool set. But some scenes just dragged on and on. They could cut this show down to 30 minutes and it'd be just as good, if not better. One of the weaker adaptations I've seen of Christmas Carol, but the other ones have all been huge Broadway style shows at the Fox, and this is a theme park musical. So by theme park standards this show is amazing.

Powder Keg and Outlaw Run were our final rides of the night. In the dark, these two rides become even more amazing than they are during the day. Nothing else much to say.

I could spend a whole day walking around the park, doing nothing but looking at the lights. This festival is definitely my favorite, and I hope I get to return soon.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Postby jray21 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:54 pm

I there any other park, besides Holiday World, that has Christmas events this early? ;)

It sounds like a fun event. I'd love to hit Silver Dollar City and Dollywood for Christmas events. A buffet at Silver Dollar City sounds really good, especially if they had unlimited Cinnamon Bread.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!