Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

P. 126 - Trespasser dies at park
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

Postby TyRush » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:19 pm

Woodie Warrior wrote:Somehow, Hades 360 ranks #14 in the Golden Ticket Awards. The results this year are strange.

Are you serious?! They added a corkscrew, that makes it an amazing ride...... ;)

The results are always strange
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

I suck at LIFE!

Postby djboss302 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:36 pm

I think if Mt. Olympus wanted a coaster that inverts, they should have just added a Vekoma boomerang or something like that.
Top 5 Parks: 1. Cedar Point 2. Epcot 3. Busch Gardens Tampa 4. Holiday World 5. WDW Magic Kingdom
Coaster Count: Wood: 14 Steel: 33 Total: 47 Park count: 8
Top 5 Steel:1. Kumba 2. Montu 3. Raptor 4. Maverick 5. Batman
Top 5 Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. The Legend 3. Blue Streak 4. Viper 5. American Eagle (Red)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Zem » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:05 am

djboss302 wrote:I think if Mt. Olympus wanted a coaster that inverts, they should have just added a Vekoma boomerang or something like that.

Besides their two small kiddie coasters(and that one water coaster they used to have), Mt, Olympus is fairly adamant about only wooden coasters. I doubt they'd install a large steel coaster but it would be cool.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby EricGarbo » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:34 am

GayCoasterGuy wrote:I rode it the 2nd day it was open (a Sunday in June) and it was great, but still very rough (except the new part) by most standards. One weekend later, it was noticeably rougher. Should we have a poll to guess what the outcome will be?

I went on opening weekend and was able to get 11 rides in a rode in before I started noticing any of this ridiculous roughness. The tunnel has always been a bit shaky (It never hurt, though) but the bottom of the first drop was too much. I guess it's been riding worse then opening weekend?

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby GayCoasterGuy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:51 am

djboss302 wrote:I think if Mt. Olympus wanted a coaster that inverts, they should have just added a Vekoma boomerang or something like that.

hehehehe... that's a multi-layered joke, depending how you look at it! Could you imagine riding the roughest of all the roughest Vekoma Boomerangs?

EricGarbo wrote:I guess it's been riding worse then opening weekend?

From what I've been hearing, yes. Unfortunate. The first day I was there, some kid was showing me his bleeding elbow the ride gave him.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:28 am

The next good Euro-Fighter I ride will be the first one, but I've always thought it's a type that would work well for Mt. O - compact, yet most of them ably cram several inversions into the small footprint, relatively inexpensive, and just gimmicky enough for a place like Wisconsin Dells (OMG! Vertical lift hill and beyond vertical drop? Radical!). Same applies to S&S and their El Loco, though I'd say they deliver more in the ride experience category.
Been you to have any spike, man?

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:30 am

http://www.wiscnews.com/wisconsindellsevents/news/local/article_5f4e64ea-dc79-50ce-a524-f0952b87bbb4.html

Mt. Olympus Water and Theme Park purchased the Concord Inn and Monaco Motel, a deal that owner Nick Laskaris said was completed Wednesday.

The purchase means he has 1,300 rooms now, and he said he’ll only slow down in acquiring more motels when he sees a decrease in the number of customers seeking them.

The Laskaris family business has taken over numerous motels along Wisconsin Dells Parkway in recent years.

Laskaris promotes his family’s business by offering free admission to Mt. Olympus Water and Theme Park with stays in one of the resort’s rooms.

He said he’ll keep adding rooms until the business can’t fill the park anymore. The park has a 16,000 person per day capacity and now it averages about 10,000 to 12,000 visitors a day in the summer, he said.

Unlike some other large resorts in Wisconsin Dells that have sites in other states, the Laskaris family is concentrating their business in the Dells area.

“I’ve had no interest in going into other areas,” he said. “I love the Wisconsin Dells area and that’s where I hope to stay, invest my money,” he said.

Laskaris said he likes the area, his family is here, and it’s a good place to raise a family.

His family has been in Dells since the 1970s, he said.

He pointed out that Mt. Olympus Water and Theme park is a family-run business with his wife, Eva, and two daughters. He said he has more than 900 employees.

Sixty employees have to be added to take care of the most recent properties he purchased, he said.

The resort usually paints its buildings blue and white in keeping with the Greek theme.

The Laskaris family purchased the additional hotels because of their functionality, too.

He said the customers like to drive up and park outside of their motel rooms, a feature many of the smaller motels built along Wisconsin Dells Parkway offer.

It is a difference from other resorts that have many rooms opening into long, enclosed hallways.

He said it makes sense to refurbish the older motels because he doesn’t want to build too many rooms than what is demanded in the area if he were to build completely new accommodations. He also said he doesn’t have to build everything else that a guest might need, like restaurants, in a more insular resort. He encourages guests to venture out to dine in restaurants that are already established in the Dells area and offers discounts for guests to do so.

“These visitors need more than just Mt. Olympus to go to; they need the whole area, the boats, the Ducks, all the different attractions and the shopping,” he said, adding they need the river, too.

He also said his strategy is better for the environment because he isn’t taking up more land with new developments.

The newest hotels to Mt. Olympus Water and Theme Park will have new carpeting, remodeled bathrooms, fresh paint, new furniture and new bedding, Laskaris said.

The remodeled Concord Inn and Monaco Motel are slated to open by Memorial Day 2014, he said.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby kailisun98 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:40 am

Oh Jesus. Why cant they focus on retracking their coasters and maintaining them better so that they don't deteriorate.
Top 5 Steel: 1. Outlaw Run @ SDC 2. Flight Deck@CGA 3. X2@ SFMM 4. Medusa@ SFDK 5.YOLOcoaster @ SFMM
Top 3 Wooden: 1. El Toro@ SFGA 2.Gold Striker @ CGA 3. Apocolypse@ SFMM 4. "High Five"@ OCT Wuhan
Total Coaster Count: Wooden: 15 Steel: 143 Total: 158

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby vacoaster09 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:11 am

If they maintain their hotels like they maintain their coasters...... :cry:
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:33 am

Hey, at least you'll have a more comfortable place to recover from your coaster-related injuries.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!