Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:55 am

I recommend the sausage sampler at the Festhaus, the baby-back ribs at the Trapper's Smokehouse, or the cannelloni at the Italian restaurant. It isn't "Epcot quality," but its better than most other non-Disney parks. Waits depend on what day you're going. Saturdays during Howl-o-Scream can be even more crowded that summer Saturdays. If you're going on Saturday, get Quick Quene--it offers front-of-the-line access to all the coasters and Howl-o-Scream mazes.

They're offering some Howl-o-Scream buffets that might be worth looking into: Blood Banquet (Germany), Buccaneer Galley (Festa Italia), amd Fright Feast (Ireland).

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby The Geek Mojo » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:08 am

Thanks, man. I'm going to BGW on Sunday...so I hope to miss the crazy Halloween crowds. I'm hoping the 12 hours they're open will allow me to ride all their coasters atleast once or twice without the quick queue.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby esvadj » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:28 am

I was at the park Sunday and I have never seen it so dead. The weather was bad, misting rain / chilly. I was in and out of the park before noon, after riding every major attraction that was open. Mach Tower was not running, nor was Griffin. Rain picked up so we left to spend the night at Great Wolf Lodge Williamsburg.

Heard from someone there that the balloon test was scheduled for the next day, Monday the 14th, so I rode back over to the park to see if I could see anything. I couldn't.

Heading back Friday for Hallow Scream!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:02 am

Weather is supposed to be better this weekend, so I imagine the crowds will pick up again.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:31 pm

As it gets closer to Halloween, expect the Saturday crowds to spill into Friday and Sunday. Expect the longest waits to be at Verbolten as it's still the star attraction and 13 maze-wise as it tends to back up due to the nature of the maze (I won't spoil the special room, but it's the reason the maze constantly has crazy long lines).

At this point, unless the temperatures are crazy low or it starts storming, I'd consider the fastpasses.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:30 pm

^Yep--the last weekend before Halloween will probably be nuts.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:54 am

I made the mistake one year of going to a park the weekend before Halloween and it was crazy.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:13 am

^That's when Quick Queue really is your friend.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby The Geek Mojo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:42 pm

BGW TR: My wife and I visited here for the first time this past Sunday. I'd have to say that this is the most beautiful park I have ever visited. I was glad to see that it wasn't near as crowded as Kings Dominion was on the previous day. We had plenty of time to watch some of their shows and ride their rides multiple times. We pretty much skipped over all the flat rides and they had plenty...But I was disappointed that Mach Tower didn't open all day. They tested it multiple times throughout the day, but no dice...Oh well. BGW has a solid collection of coasters, mainly B&M, my favorite. Apollo's Chariot is probably now my favorite Hyper..It used to be Goliath at SFOG, then Diamondback at KI but Apollo's Chariot just seems to have more airtime, we rode it like seven times. Verbolten is a fun ride, not as fun as the B&M's but it had a cool theme...It's a lot better at night, we rode it twice. As for Alpengeist, it is the most intense inverted coaster I've rode, it's probably my favorite until Banshee opens next year at KI. Griffon is just an amazing coaster, the best in the park by far. I love Dive coasters! I only got to ride Sheikra once when I was in Tampa, so I made sure to get multiple rides on Griffon on this trip...So we rode it four times. The lines were never that incredibly long. Operations at this park was pretty nice. The only coaster we didn't ride was the Grover Alpine Express kiddie coaster. I have to say, Loch Ness Monster is a lot nicer coaster to look at than to ride, I'm just not a fan of the older Arrow coasters. We rode it once, that was enough...Although we took plenty of pics of it from the river. Speaking of the river, the cruise was pretty cool. It was beautiful this time of year, and the cruise allowed us to get some great views and pics. We didn't ride the Pompeii ride because it was too cold to get wet, but we did ride DarKastle and enjoyed it a lot. Reminded me of the dark rides at Disney and Universal. Great themeing all around at this park, great rides, great food (Trappers Smokehouse was delicious!), and wonderful atmosphere made this park very pleasing. We can't wait to visit again next year.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:00 am

Here are some pics from the last night of Howl-o-Scream. Happy Halloween!

uploadfromtaptalk1382961357391.jpg
France is on fire!

uploadfromtaptalk1382961436049.jpg
Goodbye, Giant Pumpkin.

uploadfromtaptalk1382961485382.jpg
Farewell, goofy singing Vampires.

uploadfromtaptalk1382961531880.jpg
Back to sea with you, scurvy Pirates!

uploadfromtaptalk1382961574556.jpg
Ciao, Headless Women.
Last edited by cfc on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:26 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!