TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

The trains look cool and with all the theming this is going to be a big hit for the park. I can't wait to see what kind of lines there will be to ride this. Will this be on the Fastpass System when it opens?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/09/glow-with-the-show-ears-coming-to-walt-disney-world-resort-this-fall/

We’re excited to announce today that the interactive, color-changing “Glow with the Show” Ears introduced at Disneyland Resort last summer are coming to the Walt Disney World Resort – beginning on October 15.

The magical Mickey Ear Hats will make their debut with Fantasmic! on October 15, a date that also happens to mark the 15th anniversary of the nighttime spectacular at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Also, beginning on October 19, “Glow with the Show” Ears will become part of “Wishes” fireworks and the “Celebrate the Magic” nighttime projection show at Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom Park. And during the holiday season, be sure to wear your Ears for special surprises during The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights and performances of “Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season.”

As Erin has shared with Disney Parks Blog readers, “Glow with the Show” Ear Hats employ leading edge technology to light up and synchronize with each entertainment experience in amazing and dazzling new ways, making members of the audience an integral part of the show.

Let us know if you’re excited to “Glow with the Show” at Walt Disney World Resort this fall.

EAR030303LARGE.thumb.jpg.bc6e77ea002585f22105195b6b64dabe.jpg

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: glow with the show ears only work well if lots of people watching the show have them. Then it really adds to the show. Otherwise it's really no different than buying one of the generic light up toys.

Otherwise it's really no different than buying one of the generic light up toys.

If all the light up toys were "glow with the show" enabled, that would be pretty cool. At least they would add to the show rather than be an annoyance.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/10/meeting-magician-mickey-mouse-at-town-square-theater-in-magic-kingdom-park/

Have you been to see Mickey lately at Town Square Theater at Magic Kingdom Park? It’s a great spot to duck “backstage” to catch up with everyone’s favorite mouse.

Now when you visit, Magician Mickey Mouse has some extra magic in store for you. Take a look!

Had a chance to see Mickey today. The experience was incredible, very enjoyable. This is going to be wildly popular with the GP. Here's 2 videos I filmed while waiting in line and when we got to see Mickey. I apologize for the bad filming in advance as I wasn't really watching the screen during our meet, and I put the camera down thinking we were going to take a picture.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/10/jungle-cruise-goes-jingle-cruise-for-the-holidays-at-disneyland-park-magic-kingdom-park/

We just got word from our friends in Walt Disney Imagineering that an Adventureland attraction will receive its first-ever holiday makeover this year. Beginning in early November, Jungle Cruise at both Disneyland park and Magic Kingdom Park will temporarily transform into “Jingle Cruise” for the holiday season!

In this new seasonal storyline of the attraction, the Skippers have grown homesick for the holidays, so they’ve added holiday cheer to the Jungle Cruise queue and boathouse with decorations that have been mailed to them from home (plus a few they’ve created themselves). The Skippers have also added a slew of new jokes to their tours that are the perfect way to get guests in the holiday spirit. Additionally, Jungle Cruise boats have been renamed with the holidays in mind, and if guests listen carefully, they may hear a holiday-themed radio broadcast playing in the background.

Jingle Cruise will begin launches in early November at both parks. Be sure to keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more updates!

What do you think? Will you board the Jingle Cruise this holiday season? Tell us in the “Comments” section below!

JBT298481LARGE.jpg.8a5f10bd21482be759f188e1f62b6193.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/10/celebrate-halloween-week-with-limited-time-magic-at-the-happy-haunted-horseshoe-2/

During Halloween week, we’re offering some ghostly “Limited Time Magic” surprises at The Happy Haunted Horseshoe at the Walt Disney World Resort that’ll include daytime performances by the Cadaver Dans as well as special themed cupcakes and treats.

Beginning Monday, The Happy Haunted Horseshoe will feature ghostly entertainers dead-set on delighting you with spooky tricks and treats inside the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon at Frontierland.

Each day between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., you’ll be able to join hostess Miss Betty Blue as she calls forth the harmonies of the Cadaver Dans, Dearly Departed Stan the piano player and morbid magician Abner Cadaver. There will also be snacks and Halloween cupcakes at The Happy Haunted Horseshoe to enjoy during the entertainment.

This “Limited Time Magic” opportunity is only happening October 28 – November 1 at the Walt Disney World Resort.

Be sure to check the Disney Parks Blog later today to find out what’s planned for Halloween week at Disneyland park.

CDH281713LARGE.jpg.f569f3ebdfec635e90f780bd4c5a56a1.jpg

I wonder if they will slip a few decorations onto the animals or scenes of the ride itself.

That's what I immediately thought.

And I'm really hoping they keep the themeing

just to the dock and the boats.

It would look so out of place (to me),

if they added Christmas themeing to the jungle settings.

I find it really interesting that they're doing this at one of the Florida resorts! Maybe a step in the direction of getting Haunted Mansion Holiday!?!?

Oh, I really hope so! I'm sure there will be a lot of eyes on this one to see if a seasonal make-over of an attraction will go over well. I totally understand why WDW doesn't do it, but I'd love to see Haunted Mansion Holiday here!