TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

ChrisHanKwanSivus Gift Exchange 2013!

The TPR ChrisHanKwansivus Gift Exchange!

The holiday season is getting close so it’s time to sign up for the TPR ChrisHanKwansivus gift exchange!

2013 RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS!!! READ BELOW!!!!

- Must post in this thread if you are interested in participating by November 8.

- Must PM your mailing address with your real name to Brandy524 by November 8. Please make sure you triple check for typos, believe me it happens! You don’t want your gift returned to the sender because you typed your address wrong!

- Please state in your PM if you are willing to ship internationally. International shipping can be $10-$20 extra.

- $20 to $30 spending range on gifts (not including shipping).

- No gifts more than $30 please. Being the "biggest spender" on the gift exchange doesn't make you the "winner", and it makes others feel uncomfortable that they didn't do enough.

- NEW items only. NO used items. NO promo or freebie items. Make your gifts something of ACTUAL value and not perceived value.

- Don’t just throw random stuff in a box and call it a gift! Do a little research on the boards and get something your recipient might actually enjoy receiving. Feel free to post a little information about yourself in this thread!

- Brandy524 will PM you back by November 15 with the address and person you are gifting to.

- USPS Priority Mail required for U.S. participants. Flat rate boxes are your best option. Get your gift mailed out by December 5. We want to make sure our international recipients get their gifts before the holidays!

- Per Elissa: If you flake on your gifting responsibility, which includes totally flaking or not following the above rules, prepare to be banned from the site! This is the Holiday season dammit, don't agree to participate unless you're sure you'll participate!

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to participate! I like t-shirts, hats, key rings, mugs (preferably large), and especially Coasterdynamix models.

Do we have to mail it personally or can we just put in our assigned shipping address on an online store? Because if I get park merchandise for someone the internet's the only place you can around that time.

And does it have to be coaster related or can it be anything? (As in, practical items or trinkets or ugly Christmas sweaters. Not getting into specifics or examples, but I can tell that this could escalate quickly if we could just mail anything we want! )

Looking forward to this! I love Secret Santas!

EDIT: This isn't just theme park things? Okay, umm, other things I like are photography (I've needed a tripod for a while if there's one in that price range), models and other building/engineering-y things, I wear a lot of hats and sweaters (I'm an XL if you decide to get me a sweater or t-shirt, by the way), but my number one interest is roller coasters. I'm a busy college student, I don't have time to be into multiple things.

Edited by 2012jarrett

I'm so in

And:

I like Doctor Who, Mythbusters, NCIS as my TV shows; amusement parks and roller coasters (of course); books; & writing. But really anything quirky is awesome and I've gotten some awesome stuff from my secret santas

I am in! This was so much fun last year and I glad to see us doing it again. I am not sure who my secret person was last year but they nailed it.

Things I like... I will list a lot so my person has lots of ideas and I can be really surprised....

1. Disney/Disney World/land - Stitch is my favorite.

2. Candles - outdoorsy smells

3. Lotions/body sprays - So gay I know

4. iPhone 4S accessories

5. Music - pop and country - top 40 mostly

6. Movies - horror and chick flicks

7. Online shopping - terrible idea I know but a lot of thought could actually be put into this

8. Candy

9. TV shows - Nashville, Smash, HDtv/TLC

10. Books

11. ANYTHING off the wall - surprise me!

Shirt size is small

Edited by alilstronger

Do we have to mail it personally or can we just put in our assigned shipping address on an online store? Because if I get park merchandise for someone the internet's the only place you can around that time.

And does it have to be coaster related or can it be anything? (As in, practical items or trinkets or ugly Christmas sweaters. Not getting into specifics or examples, but I can tell that this could escalate quickly if we could just mail anything we want! )

Yes, you can shop online and have stuff sent directly to your recipient. I know lots of folks did that last year. No, it does not have to be coaster related, and I think some folks probably prefer that it isn't. That's why you're encouraged to do a little research on the boards to find out about the person you'll be gifting to. And also it helps if everyone adds a little something about themselves in this thread!

I'm definitely in again! This was so much fun the past two years. Looking forward to it again.

As for gifts, I'm into most things nerdy. I love Doctor Who, Loki, comic books, british shows, zombies, Mythbusters, everything on Think Geek, Pac Man, and all things Apple. Shirt size XL.

Edited by grinch1313

Count me in! This is fun to see what items turn up. Some very surprising items.

A little info, I like

Disney

Snoopy

Trampolining

Acrobatics

Harry potter

Size XL

Musicals or theatrical

Crafts

Really don't limit yourself to my list let your imagination run wild

Edited by AussieMum

I'm in! I wanted to do this last year, but missed the cutoff date. Glad I'll be able to do it this year though!

For my match, here are some ideas:

My favorite park chains are Disney and Universal. I collect pins from any and all theme parks, park maps, t-shirts (I wear a size men's medium), knick-knacks (such as collectible snowglobes and magnets), posters, etc. I prefer things from specific attractions, but I'm not picky!

I'm also a HUGE Halloween fan, so I would love anything from HHN (USH or USO) or Knott's Halloween Haunt!

My favorite Disney attractions (in no particular order):

• The Haunted Mansion
    Space Mountain
    Star Tours
    Indiana Jones Adventure
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Radiator Springs Racers
    The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure
    California Screamin'
    Toy Story Midway Mania
    The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    Test Track

My favorite Universal attractions, both past and present (again, in no particular order):

• T2:3D
    Back to the Future: The Ride
    WaterWorld: A Live Sea War Spectacular
    Jurassic Park River Adventure
    E.T. Adventure
    Transformers The Ride 3D
    Revenge of the Mummy
    Backdraft
    JAWS

Outside of theme parks, I'm also a major film/TV fan! My favorite items to collect with respect to film/TV are prop replicas (or actual set-used props!), and maquettes/statues/figurines. I do have most of these things on DVD or Blu-Ray already, but I'm noting what I'm missing. I would prefer Blu-Ray over DVD, but I do realize that the price for Blu-ray may exceed the price limit.

I'm also open to something new. I'll admit that I'm way behind in TV-watching. I haven't seen any episodes of The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Dexter, or True Blood, but I'd be interested in starting!

My favorite TV shows (some of these have been cancelled, but I still love them anyway!):

• The Big Bang Theory (own all seasons to date)
    Chuck (own all seasons)
    Once Upon a Time (missing season 2)
    Heroes (own all seasons)
    Phineas and Ferb (own all DVDs to date)
    Regular Show (Don't own seasons 1 & 2!)
    Family Guy (I have Vols. 6, 7, 8, and 10)
    The Simpsons (Only own first 2 seasons)

My favorite films (I own all of these!):

• Jurassic Park
    Back to the Future
    JAWS
    E.T.
    Fast and the Furious
    Ted
    Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World
    Universal Classic Monsters (Dracula, Frankenstein, etc- Gill Man from Creature from the Black Lagoon is my favorite!)
    Harry Potter series
    The Dark Knight trilogy
    Avengers franchise
    Star Wars franchise
    Indiana Jones franchise

Yet some more ideas: I'm a fan of the Arizona Diamondbacks, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (I liked their old name better...), Houston Astros, Phoenix Suns, and ASU Sun Devils. In general, I also like "weird" things- anything funny or just plain odd!

Here are also links to some of my want lists:

PinPics (a site for Disney pin collectors)- searching TCox91 in the "Wants" box should bring my profile up:

Amazon

Park Map want list (Google doc)

Hopefully this will give my match a bunch of options! I'll be looking forward to buying for my match.

Thanks, Brandy, for putting this together! This will be my first time participating in the TPR ChrisHanKwanSivus Gift Exchange, and I'm excited for it!

-Tyler