SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: VegasBaby and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby AndrewRnR » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:53 pm

Blackfish opens in Orlando next weekend (ironically at Downtown Disney) and I'm not going to lie - I'm interested in seeing it. There is two sides to every story and I'm interested in hearing this side - does it mean I agree with the movie? Nope, but I think it will be interesting to see exactly what they have to say.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:58 am

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:28 am

Considering that they come on to land during the shows on a regular basis I don't see this dolphin as "stranded". One tail movement and it would be sliding back into the water no problem.
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:41 pm

Visited SeaWorld last Saturday and had a great time. These are some notes:

1. Quick Queue is a great upgrade. Definitely worth the $30, especially when it comes to Antarctica.

2. The food at the restaurant in the Antarctica area was delicious. Go next door and build a penguin cup, then get the South Pole Chill (I think that is what the drink is called), and you are set to go.

3. The employees are nice, but I had one encounter that kind of made me a little annoyed. While waiting for Manta to reopen after a short breakdown, an employee decided to bring up the Texas Giant incident. I'm paraphrasing what he said, but it pretty much went like this: "Our bosses are always telling us to double check...she went straight down that 400 foot drop straight down out of the train... at first I was confused as to why they had to shut down a whole area because of it. Some of her was over there, there, there, there, it was everywhere!" I felt he had no respect for this poor lady and it was just stupid to talk like that about a roller coaster incident to people who were about to board one. I did not report the incident or say anything to him about it, but I feel like I should have.

4. Manta was smooth and fun, but not a "great" coaster. It was simply pure fun to ride and fun to watch.

5. Kraken was a little rough, but still a great ride. Raging Bull, Wildfire, and Hulk were all better B&M's that I have ridden.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Aceattack52 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:25 am

Woodie Warrior wrote:4. Manta was smooth and fun, but not a "great" coaster. It was simply pure fun to ride and fun to watch.

I've noticed the same with many other B&M flying coasters. Maybe one or two good elements, but not that great overall. Those one or two elements makes the ride and that's it.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:30 am

I'm not a big fan of flying coasters, either, but I think Manta is a good ride (SeaWorld did a great job theming the coaster to make it more interesting).

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:51 pm

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/on-the-town/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/10/8/seaworld_accused_of_.html

SeaWorld Orlando is accused of not paying its construction bills.

Orlando-based Nassal Company has put a construction lien on SeaWorld.

According to the lien document, contractors said SeaWorld owes them more than $200,000 for work they recently completed at the Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin exhibit.

We reached out to SeaWorld for a response to these allegations.

A spokesperson said, “Unfortunately, we don’t share information regarding business relationships we have with vendors or other partners.”
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:24 pm

jedimaster1227 wrote:http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/on-the-town/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/10/8/seaworld_accused_of_.html

jedimaster1227 wrote:http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-07-04/business/os-theme-parks-cutting-hours-20130704_1_theme-parks-cost-cuts-universal-orlando

If I held shares of SEAS, I'd be thrilled with management's visible commitment to cutting costs. Between slowly nudging near minimum wage employees over to part time status (of course, this is mostly to allow said employees some more time to spend with their families- they can even take a trip to Seaworld!) and running out on construction bills (if that does end up being the case), that is an exemplary way to reward shareholders for their loyalty that other corporations should heed.
Been you to have any spike, man?

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:19 am

I doubt they purposely didn't pay the bill. I'm guessing it is either a dispute over whether or not the vendor completed the work according to the terms of their deal or just a mistake someone made behind the scenes (there's usually lots of "red tape" when it comes to finances at theme parks).

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:49 am

Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!