Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 324: V.I.PASSHOLDER Perks in January announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:23 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/09/glow-with-the-show-ears-coming-to-walt-disney-world-resort-this-fall/

We’re excited to announce today that the interactive, color-changing “Glow with the Show” Ears introduced at Disneyland Resort last summer are coming to the Walt Disney World Resort – beginning on October 15.

The magical Mickey Ear Hats will make their debut with Fantasmic! on October 15, a date that also happens to mark the 15th anniversary of the nighttime spectacular at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Also, beginning on October 19, “Glow with the Show” Ears will become part of “Wishes” fireworks and the “Celebrate the Magic” nighttime projection show at Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom Park. And during the holiday season, be sure to wear your Ears for special surprises during The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights and performances of “Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season.”

As Erin has shared with Disney Parks Blog readers, “Glow with the Show” Ear Hats employ leading edge technology to light up and synchronize with each entertainment experience in amazing and dazzling new ways, making members of the audience an integral part of the show.

Let us know if you’re excited to “Glow with the Show” at Walt Disney World Resort this fall.
EAR030303LARGE.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:37 am

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: glow with the show ears only work well if lots of people watching the show have them. Then it really adds to the show. Otherwise it's really no different than buying one of the generic light up toys.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:26 am

Yeah, I agree. I also think the hat portion is so incredibly ugly.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby azza29 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:37 am

Jew wrote:Otherwise it's really no different than buying one of the generic light up toys.

If all the light up toys were "glow with the show" enabled, that would be pretty cool. At least they would add to the show rather than be an annoyance.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Cyrus » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:30 pm

Does anyone know what crowds should look like Tuesday the 15th or Thursday the 17th this week!? I'm in FL Monday to Friday and we are hitting Disney along with Busch and UOR.
Any help would be great on the Disney crowds!!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:26 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/10/meeting-magician-mickey-mouse-at-town-square-theater-in-magic-kingdom-park/

Have you been to see Mickey lately at Town Square Theater at Magic Kingdom Park? It’s a great spot to duck “backstage” to catch up with everyone’s favorite mouse.

Now when you visit, Magician Mickey Mouse has some extra magic in store for you. Take a look!

Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:51 am

^ I know they have been doing it for a while but it still freaks me out a little when I see the costume characters mouth moving and speaking.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:35 pm

It's amazing how far the costume characters have come.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:35 pm

I love the interactivity. I also love that Disney took the time to make it look natural, instead of trying to do a cheesy voice over with existing costumes.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:37 pm

It's both impressive and a bit creepy.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!