Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 124: Carnevale at Maria & Enzo's Ristorante details!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby jray21 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:50 am

Was there any final report on the bus accident?

As for the dining plans, if it's not too late, we loved it and it saved us a lot of money. However, it did take a little more work. To get the most value, you should look at the menus and compare what you may eat. If you're just a simple hamburger or pizza type person, even at restaurants, it may not be the best.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:09 pm

jray21 wrote:Was there any final report on the bus accident?

Last thing I read was the car was stopped in the left lane for an unknown reason. When the bus came over a crest in the road he was unable to stop in time and rear ended the car killing the woman in the car. She was also a Disney employee. Never heard why she was stopped in the road.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:12 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/10/no-tricks-just-treats-at-the-new-disneyquest-halloween-party/

wrr444999Large.jpg

Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays, partly for the candy but mostly because I love any excuse to dress up. As a kid, there was always something magical about putting on a costume, going trick-or-treating (especially when the holiday fell on a school night!) then trading candy with my sister into the wee hours.

This year, I think families will find even more to be excited about with the brand new Downtown Disney Halloween offering at DisneyQuest. Similar to the popular DisneyQuest New Year’s Eve event, this party is perfect for families – with unlimited DisneyQuest games, two DJ dance parties, character meet ‘n’ greets, photo ops and of course, trick-or-treating. It’s five floors of fun with something for everyone! And, no surprise, dressing up is encouraged … there’s even a costume contest that makes every kid a winner!
With Mickey’s-Not-So-Scary-Halloween Party already sold out for October 31st, I imagine tickets will go fast for this party, too!

Tickets are $45 in advance and $54 if you purchase the day of the event. To book your place at the party, or for more information, call (407) W-DISNEY.
In the meantime, get more info here, then let me know what your family will be dressing up as this year – any Disney costumes out there?
spi192290Large.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:59 am

^It's wise to tie in Wreck-It Ralph to a Disney Quest event--who would be more appropriate?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sackninja » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:18 pm

Only a few days until my trip to disney and I have to ask how is disney quest? It's included in our tickets so we'll probably go at least once but I would like to know if it's any good.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby eddytheviper » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:24 am

^ It's pretty dated IMO, some neat games / simulators but it's seen better days...
There were whole sections closed off last time I went... (many many a moon ago) but I know they've repainted the outside so it could be getting some new love again.

Personally, I wouldn't prioritize it over anything else... but, if you have some time to kill in Downtown Disney, then give it a quick look, just don't expect to stay more than an hour really.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:30 am

I've only been to DisneyQuest once, and I thought the Pirates of the Caribbean game was the best thing there.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:52 pm

The attractions are definitely dated, but also still lots of "silly fun" with a group. Plus, free arcade games! Classic ones and newer ones.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:32 pm

Do they still offer the VHS copy of your Cyberspace Mountain ride? If so, it could be the last place on earth!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:22 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/09/new-food-trucks-set-to-roll-into-downtown-disney-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

ddl847579LARGE.jpg

A few years ago, I visited Austin, Texas; I was there for a music festival, but one of the things I remember best is the food trucks. It was the first time I had seen anyone serve “grown-up” food from a vehicle. (Trust me, these were nothing like the ice cream trucks I chased as a kid!) Today, Food Trucks seem to be everywhere, though much to my dismay, they’ve been in short supply at the Walt Disney World Resort. Until now.

I’m delighted to share this delicious tidbit: Food Trucks are coming to Downtown Disney! Even better? They’re rolling in faster than you might expect, with the first truck expected later this fall.

I recently sat down with Chef James Kleinschmidt and Downtown Disney Area Manager for Food & Beverage, Matt Fisher, who have been working closely with our Walt Disney World Food & Beverage partners on the concept. They shared some early details with me and, of course, I wanted to pass along every morsel of information to you! According to the duo, there will be four trucks, each themed to portray the essence of a different Disney Park. Here’s what’s in the works:
  • “Enchanted Fare” will serve favorites from Disney Parks around the world; think Croque Monsieur from Magic Kingdom Park, Glass Noodle Salad from Hong Kong Disneyland and (my favorite!) Hand-Dipped Corn Dogs from Disneyland park.
  • “The World Showcase of Flavors” is expected to feature items from the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival such as Grass-Fed Beef Sliders, Pierogies with Kielbasa and Lobster Rolls. Yum!
  • “Superstar Catering” will shine the spotlight on a wide array of meatball options fit for a Hollywood set; the Lamb Meatball Flatbread with Tzatziki sounds especially credit-worthy.
  • “Namaste Café” plans to feature a nice mix of spices with dishes including Butter Chicken, Slow-Cooked Beef Short Ribs and Tandori Spiced Shrimp. (I hear they’ll all come with Naan Bread, so you can’t go wrong!)
In the coming weeks, we’ll share additional details about the food trucks and hope to have photos of the menu items to whet your appetite. In the meantime, I’d love to know which truck you’re most excited about – I honestly can’t decide!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/10/dates-set-to-roll-out-food-trucks-at-downtown-disney-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Starting early November, Disney will roll out four fun new Disney Food Trucks at Downtown Disney, open Wednesday through Sunday, parked at Downtown Disney West Side near Cirque du Soleil and House of Blues.

Superstar Catering, “Favorite of the Stars of Disney’s Hollywood Studios,” features delectable variations on hearty meatballs: a spinach and feta beef meatball sandwich; turkey sausage and golden raisin meatballs on polenta; and a lamb meatball flatbread with tzatziki. And meatball sliders for kids. The truck’s design is stainless steel with teal, tan and orange accents – think sleek, retro, 1930s Art Deco diner.

Namaste Café, “Tasty Explorations from Disney’s Animal Kingdom,” serves irresistible butter chicken, slow-cooked beef short ribs and tandoori spiced shrimp, all served with basmati rice, naan and pickled veggies. This is the most colorfully decorated truck of all, with art inspired by the colors and textures of Asia in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

The bright-red Fantasy Fare truck, “Delightful Dishes from Disney’s Magic Kingdoms Around the World,” brings the legendary hand-dipped corn dogs of Disneyland Resort to the East Coast. Also a Croque Monsieur with housemade chips from Magic Kingdom Park and glass noodle salad with chicken and pickled veggies representing Hong Kong Disneyland. The truck is designed with down-home appeal and a nod to the past.

World Showcase of Flavors truck, “The Best of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival,” offers fest favorites: lobster rolls, pierogies and kielbasa and grass-fed beef sliders. Vintage travel stickers decorate the big green truck.
FTF170472-600x400.jpg
FTF170473-600x400.jpg
FTF170474-600x400.jpg
FTF170475-600x400.jpg
FTF170476-600x400.jpg
FTF170477-600x400.jpg
FTF170478-600x400.jpg
FTF170479-600x400.jpg
FTF170480-600x400.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!