TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

^Replace "Time Machine" with "Intamin Mega Lite."

That is exactly what I've been thinking. I think BGW would be a great home to a Mega Lite. Kind of straddles the intense and family style of coasters which is what would be greatly needed there.

No offense to the mega-lite idea, but I think that would be stupid. We have a giga-lite at KD! What about a record breaking B&M flyer that swoops over the Rhine River?!?! Or do you think B&M flyers are dead in the US now?

What does the external comments mean......height of 156 feet to elevation of approx. 242 feet?

They probably means the elevation from sea level is a maximum 242-feet. I remember one of the press releases for Apollo's Chariot stating that the ride would climb 250 feet above sea level even though the actual lift is 170-feet tall.

Nice to see some attention being given to Festa Italia, which along with Kilarney, needs the most work. With Busch usually putting in coasters that are either hot at the mement or at least currently popular elsewhere my guess is that it could be an RMC wood or hybrid coaster or a B&M wing coaster since it seems they love their Beemers.

How quiet is Outlaw Run? The neighbors at Kingsmill would have a fit if a more traditional wood coaster was built.

Looks like BG and KD are both getting new coasters in 2015... This is gonna be one heck of a year for the Commonweath of Virginia!!! This might be the first time that I buy a seasons pass to both parks in one year

Well it has worked out so I can finally visit this park for the first time this weekend. I've been to the one in Tampa several times, so I'm really looking forward to checking out this park. They got 3 B&M's so that's enough for me. Just curious though, which rides here have the longest wait times and what are some of the best places to eat in the park? I see the European theme, but something tells me this isn't going to be Epcot level...So I'll hold my expectations back a little.

I recommend the sausage sampler at the Festhaus, the baby-back ribs at the Trapper's Smokehouse, or the cannelloni at the Italian restaurant. It isn't "Epcot quality," but its better than most other non-Disney parks. Waits depend on what day you're going. Saturdays during Howl-o-Scream can be even more crowded that summer Saturdays. If you're going on Saturday, get Quick Quene--it offers front-of-the-line access to all the coasters and Howl-o-Scream mazes.

They're offering some Howl-o-Scream buffets that might be worth looking into: Blood Banquet (Germany), Buccaneer Galley (Festa Italia), amd Fright Feast (Ireland).

I was at the park Sunday and I have never seen it so dead. The weather was bad, misting rain / chilly. I was in and out of the park before noon, after riding every major attraction that was open. Mach Tower was not running, nor was Griffin. Rain picked up so we left to spend the night at Great Wolf Lodge Williamsburg.

Heard from someone there that the balloon test was scheduled for the next day, Monday the 14th, so I rode back over to the park to see if I could see anything. I couldn't.

Heading back Friday for Hallow Scream!

As it gets closer to Halloween, expect the Saturday crowds to spill into Friday and Sunday. Expect the longest waits to be at Verbolten as it's still the star attraction and 13 maze-wise as it tends to back up due to the nature of the maze (I won't spoil the special room, but it's the reason the maze constantly has crazy long lines).

At this point, unless the temperatures are crazy low or it starts storming, I'd consider the fastpasses.