Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1436: Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure news
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:16 pm

Well, I finally got around to riding Transformers last weekend, and liked it a lot. Even though I haven't seen the movies, the storyline was easy to follow, and the projections and physical effects were very well done.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:04 pm

I still like Spiderman a little more, but Transformers is very well done. I love the non-stop action.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:51 am

^So do I, as I grew up reading those comics. I also prefer both Spidey and Transformers to Forbidden Journey.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:18 am

jray21 wrote:I still like Spiderman a little more, but Transformers is very well done. I love the non-stop action.

After riding transformers in singapore and pre-upgrade spidey in japan (so it wasn't even as if i 100% could follow the story perfectly), I think spiderman slightly beat out transformers, I remember on my transformers re-rides spending more time looking around for where the elevators and other effects whereas spideys finale with the flight with the green goblin and the building lights everywhere keeps me 100% focused on the story every time. I realize the finales are very similar right down to that last minute catch by the heroes of the stories but for some reason I just feel that spiderman's felt a lot more forceful and kept me in the story more (just my personal opinion)

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:01 pm

cfc wrote:Well, I finally got around to riding Transformers last weekend, and liked it a lot. Even though I haven't seen the movies, the storyline was easy to follow, and the projections and physical effects were very well done.

Haven't seen Transformers yet?

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:08 pm

^Never had any desire to see it.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Cyrus » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:26 pm

Well, I got the Gory getaway package and came to UOR. We drove down from Pittsburgh on Sunday, stated with a friend Sunday night, then hit Busch Gardens Monday, rode everything! Checked into our hotel Monday night. We woke up early to get the early entry to IOA. This was my first time getting to see the Wizarding World. It was so amazing walking in there the first time. Made me really excited for next years opening!
Just wanted to give a little play by play:

Got to the park around 7:45 and they began letting us in a few minutes before 8 for early entry to Wizarding World. We decided to hit dragon challenge first because we wanted to ride front row on both sides. We were the ONLY ones on both trains. They let us cut through the station to ride our second time instead of having to walk through the queue again. They must have liked knowing we came straight to them, because they have us express access to Forbidden Journey! The line was probably 20 minutes(not bad at all), but with the express access we were given, it was roughly 5 minutes! Way cool for our first time!

We got to see olivanders, and watch the kids have the wand pick them, which was great! We saw honey dukes, rode flight of the hippogriff, took a look around three broom sticks, and of course, tried the butter beer; both cold and frozen.

Because of the early entry option, we got through literally every single ride in the park by 10 am! I couldn't believe it. We went and upgraded our 2 day base tickets to the two day park hoppers with early entry and hopped right over to USO! Again, it took us about an hour to finish all of USO, and we even did rip ride rockit twice lol.

The employees were amazing, the treatment we got was outstanding. I actually felt like I was really having a personalized experience at both parks. I had more fun here than I have had at Disney in over two years! Props to UOR!
Now tomorrow, we will be back for early entry again, can't wait to hit Forbidden Journey again! And we also have tickets to Horror Nights, and of course, express pass! I have heard too many stories about how crazy the lines get!!! We want to be able to see all the houses since we drove over a thousand miles to be here!

Thursday we will be doing the impossible. Hitting all four Disney parks in one day!! Lol. Luckily we only have 2-3 rides per park we want to hit. Should be possible!

Anyways, that's my brief, scattered, report on our trip, but more importantly our trip to UOR today, and how impressed I was with EVERYTHING!!

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:28 am

According to Screamscape, there's a really interesting patent from Universal that calls for a transparent glass shield that can repeatedly be shot by flames and maintain its transparency, with the flame machine about three feet from one side and riders able to be kept directly on the other.

US08523692-20130903-D00003.png
Taken from US Patent US8523692.

Two things to note: a) I think we've got ourselves an interaction with the Gringott's dragon, and b) this helps to back up the rumors that this ride would use roller coaster track on a motion base, as was also patented a few years back.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:31 pm

That would be a great addition. Heck, anything with fire is a good addition. I love the Orlando Mummy's fire ceiling.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:10 am

https://www.universalorlando.com/Events/Mardi-Gras

Music's Biggest Names Live In Concert on the Universal Music Plaza stage

From pop to country to hip hop to rock, the concerts during Mardi Gras offer an exciting mix of superstar singers and bands.

Just Announced for 2014
Robin Thicke, Feb 22
The Wanted, May 10
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!