NEWS: Knott's Soak City to become Aquatica San Diego

Page 7: Taumata Mat Racer Slides Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: NEWS: Knott's Soak City to become Aquatica San Diego

Postby Double0Kevin » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:28 am

Really amazing turn around in such a short time. Can't wait to see what happens in the next few years with a full transformation into Aquatica. Amazing potential for this park.

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:52 pm

^ I completely agree! The tropical look and landscaping along with paint really adds a lot to atmosphere. But a new attraction is definitely what this park needs now. I really hope the guest turn out this first season is enough to have more investment as an option.
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby chaos » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:50 pm

Having been to the Orlando Aquatica and the pre-transformation San Diego park, I think it looks pretty good. I'm especially happy that the park didn't hike up the prices to Orlando Aquatica levels.

Like everyone's said already, the park's in desperate need of new rides, so I think next year will be the year when the new management can really shine. I can't count how many times I've been there playing RCT in my head looking at all the empty spaces I'd place new slides.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:07 pm

Given that it is the only water park in the SD area and now under Sea World's management...I don't think they will have any issues getting people back. I suspect we will see a signature ride added next season.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:37 am

I expect plans are in the works to expand the park next year. There is only so much they can do in a short period of time. Now they have the time to plan out and add something unique to draw people back in.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby SingleRiderCam » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:43 pm

I just went to the park today, all the operations went really well and everything except the high body slide tower was open. I can really see a future expansion due to how many empty spaces I have seen.
Favorite Steel- 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 325 3.Twisted Colossus 4.Maverick 5.Copperhead Strike
Favorite Wooden- 1.Lightning Rod 2.The Voyage 3.Phoenix 4.GhostRider 5.Mystic Timbers
Favorite Parks- 1.Disneyland 2.Dollywood 3.Epcot 4.Unviersal's Islands of Adventure 5.Busch Gardens Williamsburg

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:59 pm

TAUMATA RACER COMING TO AQUATICA SAN DIEGO

Less than five months after opening, SeaWorld announces 2014 expansion of Aquatica

SAN DIEGO (Oct. 10, 2013) -- For those who prefer life in the fast lane, the new Taumata Racer® high-speed racing water slide at Aquatica SeaWorld’s WaterparkTM will zoom riders down a 375-foot slide, around a 180-degree swooping turn, and in and out of tunnels before racing them across the finish line.

Less than five months after opening Aquatica, located in Chula Vista, the park is making another splash by adding the new thrill ride. Taumata Racer, which will rise nearly 0 feet, will be located between Walhalla Wave® and Kata’s Kookaburra Cove® on the northwest side of the park.

“We’re thrilled to bring Taumata Racer to Aquatica,” said David Cromwell, the waterpark’s vice president. “This new mat-racer water slide is a unique blend of competitive racing and high-speed thrills. It will be a welcome addition to the park and certainly an experience that families and friends will be able to enjoy together. This is exactly the type of attraction that will make Aquatica an even more exciting waterpark.”

Taumata Racer, manufactured by ProSlides of Ontario, Canada, will feature six side-by-side lanes. Park guests will speed down the steep hill on a mat head first. The minimum height requirement is 42 inches.“"In its first season, Aquatica lived up to the expectations of the SeaWorld brand," said Chula Vista Mayor Cheryl Cox. "The company's continued investment in the guest experience will produce an exciting new attraction for visitors next year and demonstrates SeaWorld's long-term commitment to business in Chula Vista."

Taumata Racer will be as memorable for its fun and excitement as it is for its name. Named for a famous hill in New Zealand, Taumata is short for the 85-letter word“Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenua-
kitanatahu.” Roughly translated, this Guinness Book of World Records word means “The summit where Tamatea, the man with the big knees, the climber of mountains, the land-swallower who traveled about, played his flute to his loved one.”

Construction on Taumata Racer, which will join HooRoo Run® as one of Aquatica’s fastest water rides, is scheduled to begin in November. The new racing slide will make its debut to the public when the park opens Memorial Day weekend in 2014.
Taumata1.jpg
Overview
Taumata Racer Illustration.jpg
Last edited by Jew on Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:05 pm.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:34 pm

The start of their expansion has begun!

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:37 pm

Awesome news!

Looks like a clone of the one at Splashtown.
I much prefer the 360 degree helixes on Octopus racers, but still awesome!
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:22 pm

Looks like a nice addition. I can't wait to see what more SeaWorld will bring to this park.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!