The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

P. 73 - Adirondack Outlaw Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:13 am

main_LKGExtremeSupernova1.jpg

It’s official. Coming in 2014, The Great Escape will introduce a high- flying, spinning adventure. The all-new Extreme Supernova will lift riders up 50 feet in the air and flip them head-over-heels for a wild, adrenaline-packed adventure. Supernova will feature impressive heights, astonishing speeds, heart-racing swings, unpredictable spins, and stomach-tightening flips. This new attraction will provide an adrenaline rush like no other and you won’t be able to tell which way is up in this giant pendulum.

You’ll take a seat with 15 other bold riders and load into the giant pendulum-shaped structure. Suspended from the axis above, you’ll face outward as the floor drops from below you. You’ll first complete several back and forth swings, high and low, elevating up near-vertically before flying through to the other side. The thrill ride plays on your anticipation as you wait for the next pivot that will flip you entirely upside down in a gut-wrenching inverted flip. The Extreme Supernova offers fantastic inverted views of the park and Splashwater Kingdom as you hang up in the air and twist upside down.

While the giant arm sways you, you’ll also be spinning in circles simultaneously, twisting around and around until you can’t see straight. The constant swinging and whirling will deliver maximum G-forces, high-flying sensations, and extreme dizziness.

The Extreme Supernova is set to debut in spring 2014 and will sit next to The Comet. Are you ready to take on this all-new spinning ride?

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby megametal » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:24 am

This looks like it will fit Great Escape perfectly. Just the type of ride they need, in my opinion.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby IronWolfman » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:37 am

I wonder if Extreme Supernova will be similar to Silverwood's Spin Cycle?

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby linearinduction » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:24 am

^ Sounds like the same type of ride, only half as tall. If The Demon at La Ronde is a Moser Maverick, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being a Moser Product as well.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Myself » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:33 am

Zamperla is introducing their own version of it:
It hasn't appeared on their website yet, but their Facebook page refers to it as their newest offering, the Discovery Revolution. Given the picture used in TGE's promo is from the non-inverting version at Luna Park (moon shape visible on the right), I think this might be the one they are getting.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby XtremeLaRonde » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:43 pm

The ride we see on Six Flags's official video is called "Midi Discovery", from Zamperla. La Ronde and Great Escape rides were not bought together. I believe La Ronde's new ride to be a Mondial ride.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:05 pm

http://www.timesunion.com/business/article/Firm-buys-up-Great-Escape-interests-4870354.php

Six Flags Entertainment Corp. has purchased "remaining ownership interests" in Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park, the company said Friday.

"We are thrilled to take ownership of this prime location," said John Odum, Six Flags senior vice president. "With more flexibility to invest in the property, we intend to continue providing world-class guest service and further enhance our all-encompassing resort experience."

A statement from the company did not disclose the sale price or who sold the interest in the property to Six Flags, facts that company spokeswoman Rebecca Close said were barred from public disclosure under a sales agreement.

The 200-suite lodge includes a 38,000-square-foot indoor water park.

The news release said "recent investments at the lodge include Klub Moose suites featuring unique children-sized log cabins, an interactive Kids Clubhouse and themed special events."

In December, the lodge will open 35 renovated "premium suites and (offer) exclusive concierge-inspired service."
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:18 am

I wonder if other Six Flags will add hotels as well. Clearly it must be doing well with the Premium Suites and Buyout.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby booink » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:43 pm

That's interessing news, I didn't knew Six Flags did not owned the whole lodge. Curious to see what the new rooms will look like !
Last edited by booink on Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:35 pm.
Favorites :
Steel : Maverick, Wicked Cyclone, Superman: the ride (SFNE)
Wood : El Toro, Phoenix, Lightning Racers
Total coaster count : 137

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:I wonder if other Six Flags will add hotels as well. Clearly it must be doing well with the Premium Suites and Buyout.

I'd say it is doubtful. The Lake George area is unique in that many families go there on local vacations and not just for The Great Escape. I don't think any other SF parks in are "destination" areas like Lake George.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!