Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 675 - Dare Devil Dive Flying Machines for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby Ducky dude » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:53 am

Anyone going to Rock The Flags?

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby narkitty » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:45 pm

I'm so excited for Fright Fest this year!! I wish I wasn't such a baby when it comes to actual haunted houses/mazes, because I really want to see how they are. I'll just have to rely on the reviews and info from others, lol. I'm definitely interested in the shows and new scare zones. I went to FF last year and while I thought that the theming was better than it had been in the past (especially the Rockville area), the scare zones seemed pretty sparse in the way of scare actors. I remember two or three guys in Crackaxle, a few zombies in Rockville and a couple of trolls under the bridge from Los Festivales to Spassburg. It would be nice to see the zones a bit more populated since they seem to be really trying to step things up a notch.

It's good timing, if you ask me. Since Nightmare on Grayson (long running San Antonio haunt) closed last year, there is definitely less competition. I've never been to Sea World for their haunt, but they are supposedly changing things up quite a bit this year too. I'm curious to see how SFFT and SW compare with one another.

EDIT: I happened across this on Youtube. Preview for Creature Feature 2013, for those interested in shows:

Coaster Count: 60 (48 Steel, 7 Wood)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:21 pm

narkitty wrote:I've never been to Sea World for their haunt, but they are supposedly changing things up quite a bit this year too. I'm curious to see how SFFT and SW compare with one another.

I'm hoping I can check out both events this year.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby SFFTfan » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:46 pm

On the SF website where it advertises for the season pass and buying it right now would get you in free for fright fest, does that mean the cost of the haunted houses is included in the price of the pass, or does it just mean its to let you in the park now through the end of the 2014 season?

Postby Ducky dude » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:03 am

SFFTfan wrote:On the SF website where it advertises for the season pass and buying it right now would get you in free for fright fest, does that mean the cost of the haunted houses is included in the price of the pass, or does it just mean its to let you in the park now through the end of the 2014 season?

Probably just the rest of the season.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coasternut » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:51 am

I'm going to the park tomorrow to ride the I.R. I've got a gold pass. Is there a special early entry line for gold pass and if so how early? Also what rides are available for early entry?
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Zem » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:46 am

coasternut wrote:I'm going to the park tomorrow to ride the I.R. I've got a gold pass. Is there a special early entry line for gold pass and if so how early? Also what rides are available for early entry?

Postby Ducky dude » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:00 pm

Does anyone know if construction on Bahama Blaster has started?

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby SFFTfan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:25 pm

Zem wrote:
coasternut wrote:I'm going to the park tomorrow to ride the I.R. I've got a gold pass. Is there a special early entry line for gold pass and if so how early? Also what rides are available for early entry?

The entry line for Gold pass is the furthest right entry gates next to guest relations. There are signs pointing you to it.

15 minutes early

No. All rides open with the park. It gives you time to walk to the ride and get in line till it opens. You get to ride a few times till everyone else catches up.

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:59 pm

Oct 4 was Fright Fest VIP preview night and TPR was there to check it all out. Billed as the Biggest Fright Fest Ever the park put a lot of effort into this years event that gives them an excellent base to work off of for years to come.

This year the park introduced new houses, new scare zones, and the Twick o' Tweat Twail for the kids.

What I liked most was the park was not conga lining people into the houses with Monster Mansion and RockKill High only allowing a max of 8 people in group while utilizing a 'tour guide' to help keep the pace and help you through. FearHouse 3D and Total Darkness were spaced appropriately apart but had no guide. The scare zones were quite nice with my favorite being Zombie Apocalypse, which by adding to the parks every day theming in the 'Rockkill' area made for a creepy straight out of the movies feel.

My favorite of the 4 houses was RockKill High School. Themed to what I'd call an abandoned high school, you are guided through the schools gymnasium where you are greeted by random zombies and led through the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo room, chem lab, bathrooms that were serving as a lunch room, and of course the creepy librarian. Sorry, not going to give anything away here ;)

Behind RockKill, I'd rank Midnight Mansion #2, FearHouse 3D where you get cool 3D glasses and walk through where even the monsters look 3D as #3, and in last place Total Darkness. I'm sure some people will love Total Darkness because as the name suggests you are in total darkness feeling your way to the end while getting spooked along the way. I don't scare too easily so that plays a huge factor in why I place it last.

Besides the houses, scarezones, and food, the park had Iron Rattler open for everyone to ride and all I can say is wow, it was running great!

Special thanks to Jefferey Siebert for the invite, we had a 'horrible' time! For hours, tickets, and more information visit the Six Flags Website
SFFT 10.4.13 007.jpg
TPR was at VIP FrightFest Preview Night!
SFFT 10.4.13 018.jpg
This guy led me to candy!
SFFT 10.4.13 100.JPG
Candy in the form of the new Twick or Tweat Twail where you can meet many of the WB characters!
SFFT 10.4.13 028.jpg
I found Bugs!
SFFT 10.4.13 029.jpg
Twick or Tweat!
SFFT 10.4.13 032.jpg
What's better than eating all those Snickers bars? More food of course! The park had sweets, treats, and drinks set up throughout the park to help keep the energy level up!
SFFT 10.4.13 090.JPG
Achmed?
SFFT 10.4.13 092.JPG
The park was decorated nicely
SFFT 10.4.13 094.JPG
With graveyards all over the place
SFFT 10.4.13 099.JPG
Everyone was ready to ride Boomerang!
SFFT 10.4.13 103.JPG
Just kidding! It's Iron Rattler time!
SFFT 10.4.13 114.JPG
The tunnel was fogged out with a nice blue glow, amazing at night!
SFFT 10.4.13 127.JPG
She was running great, love it!
SFFT 10.4.13 136.JPG
After some quality time on iRat we checked out the rest of the park.
SFFT 10.4.13 138.JPG
The decorations fit with the theme of each section of the park, great attention to detail.
SFFT 10.4.13 141.JPG
Through this mouth....
SFFT 10.4.13 142.JPG
You can buy a pumpkin..
SFFT 10.4.13 143.JPG
And paint it up!
SFFT 10.4.13 036.jpg
I loved Zombie Apocalypse
SFFT 10.4.13 038.jpg
Mainly because it felt like a scene straight out of the movies
SFFT 10.4.13 039.jpg
And it fit perfectly across from RockKill High
SFFT 10.4.13 042.jpg
Speaking of....It only took about 10 minutes to get the 100 or so people into the house, very efficient.
SFFT 10.4.13 056.jpg
Dancing clowns!
SFFT 10.4.13 076.jpg
FearHouse 3D uses Pando's queue line, and lets be honest, will you really miss not riding Pando? No, no you won't.

Note: I only assume the ride will not be running being as the air gates were chained and padlocked.
SFFT 10.4.13 080.jpg
Thanks Six Flags Fiesta Texas!
SFFT 10.4.13 082.jpg
We had a HORRIBLE time! ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!