TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I would have to agree. The park has done a very good job this year. I went on Sunday and it was crazy busy. The new walk throughs were really cool and they may just be the start of my 8 year old wanting to do the haunted houses in the future. The fire show they had in front of Mr. Freeze was really cool. A lot of work went into that by the performers. Freaks Unleashed was still the best “show“ out there in terms of watching the people get scared and seeing their reactions. It makes me want to work in a haunted house again. The freak show was very crowded and will attended. I've seen Steve Daly's show and have been a part of it a few times but it doesn't change much. The train wasn't running the show, that was not a good sign of you ask me. But overall really solid.

^ it certainly sounds better than the Wild West shoot out theme they used for years. I'm sorry but that just did not scream Halloween to me. A terrifying Christmas theme sounds way better lol!

I'm not sure if it is chain wide, but I did get the chance to try that out during the summer (July I believe). It is a very disorienting experience, and you don't realize how far back the chairs lean until it goes backward! Definitely much different than riding it forwards.

Anybody going to Fright Fest should know that the attractions schedule is a little screwed up this year - On Fridays the park opens at 6:00 with Freaks Unleashed, but all of the haunted attractions (paid and free, except for Zombie Paintball which starts at 6:00 everyday) don't open until 7:45. On Saturday Freaks Unleashed is at 6:00, with none of the haunted attractions starting until 6:45 and on Sunday it's the same as Saturday (but the parks closes at 8:00 on Sunday, so the Fright Fest attractions are open for a whole 1:15 hours).

Last year (and basically every year in the past) everything would open at 6:00 every night, but since the park is open for two hours longer this year (Midnight instead of 11:00) on Friday and Saturday, there likely had to be cuts made somewhere to keep within the corporate budgets and the cuts were to the Fright Fest attractions times. I may understand not opening the two outdoor mazes and the train until it's dark, but to not open anything until it's basically dark is really only something that Six Flags would do just to save some operating money.

I'm glad they extended the hours this year though. Granted, I'd prefer 1:00 AM but midnight is still better than 11:00 PM. Now Sunday is still too short. It should at least be 10 PM. What time does the park open on Saturdays for Fright Fest?

Depends on what you intend on doing while there. If youre going to enjoy the park it should be fine. I personally feel that the areas around the park that they had scare actors was tamer this year than last. They got rid of a lot of the random Jason wannabees with chainsaws so its not as bad. If youre concerned about this still you can get necklaces that tell the scare actors not to bother you.

When it comes to the mazes and stuff I dont really know, i only went to ride roller coasters at night.

Quick question...

Never been to Six Flags during Fright Fest. Will it be ok for my 6 (easily frightened) and 8 (more daring than his Dad!) year old kids before 6pm?

Definitely, there's things like trick or treating, story telling, and family shows. At about 6:30-6:45 the actors start to disperse throughout the park.

^The 3 times I've been to Fright Fest this year there were 3-5 chainsaw-wielding "Jasons" in the Britannia area.

Any update on the Hannibarrels removal such as pictures?

Hannibarrels will most likely be removed in the off season.

I dont expect work to begin until Janurary, at the earliest. I thought they might start work early, but if they have not started now, I dont expect it to be anytime soon.

Rumor posted on Screamscape...

Based on a few small puzzle pieces sent in from different sources, I believe any chance of a major transformation of The Boss has fallen in the slim-to-none category. Instead it sounds like any ‘work’ planned for The Boss will only take the form of traditional maintenance, retracking... or perhaps even adding sections of Topper Track to keep the ride’s layout and intent... intact. They like the layout as is... they just want a way to make the ride experience more enjoyable for everyone.

Based on a few small puzzle pieces sent in from different sources, I believe any chance of a major transformation of The Boss has fallen in the slim-to-none category. Instead it sounds like any ‘work’ planned for The Boss will only take the form of traditional maintenance, retracking... or perhaps even adding sections of Topper Track to keep the ride’s layout and intent... intact. They like the layout as is... they just want a way to make the ride experience more enjoyable for everyone.

That stinks.. yet more dissappointing news from our local park for us StL coaster fans.

I must say that is definitely a disappointment.