Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby RCjunkie » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Vffreak07 wrote:
RCjunkie wrote:Nothing at all. If they have not announced anything new for 2014 by now with no sight of survey makers there is no way there will be any major addition to the park. With winter coming they would have had to start construction already if it was something major. G$ Kurt in a few posts ago indicates he knows we will be getting at least some minor change but I will believe it when I see it. Valleyfair, CF's park of 'General Improvements'.

Not necessarily . . . An Antique Autos vehicle was spotted by the Go-Karts in the past few hours. (Keep in mind they were removed last year — Hint Hint at a Resurrection)

I saw that yesterday, they have a shiny Antique Auto car on the edge of the Go-Kart track in the grass under the Wild Thing turn around. They also had wooden pallets dropped on the track and around it. They were shrink wrapped with something on all of them but I could not tell what they were for sure, they looked like bricks that you would use for landscaping and I counted a dozen of them that I could see. VF posted on Facebook last week to "Come out and get your last ride on the Go-Karts" so I guess that was their hint at this change. That combined with the fact that there was not a new head stone for the Antique Auto's in the ride grave yard set up for Haunt this year confirms it! ;)

If this does turn out to be true I think it is a good move to bring the AA's back which were more popular than the Go-Karts. It would be nice to have a ride that opened with the park back from the dead with a new track layout and restored cars to freshen it up even though it was at the expense of losing all of the trees that used to surround the old track which the Dino's took over. This would be a time where something is definitely better than nothing and better than just 'General Improvements' for sure but this just doesn't excite me to renew my season pass next year. As the mantra for VF goes, "Maybe next year...".

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby G$ Kurt » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:40 am

Something tells me these aren't refurbished cars, perhaps new ones... like 32 or so new ones...

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby ValleyfairFan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:38 am

New ones were needed if that's the direction they're going in. I certainly welcome a family addition on that end of the park, and I hope they continue to put further additions down at this end to help bring Venom into the park so to speak.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:38 am

G$ Kurt wrote:Something tells me these aren't refurbished cars, perhaps new ones... like 32 or so new ones...

That makes sense because the one I saw out on Saturday looked immaculate and brand new, I just assumed it was restored because it looked so good. You were right about a change coming and also about 'not to get too excited' so whatever that 'something' is telling you about them being brand new cars is probably 100% correct. Thanks for sharing. It brings back a classic ride and makes better use of the park's space over by Steel Venom and the new picnic area so it improves the park and I'm all for it.

But with no water park addition, no new thrill ride since 2007 and all the other CF parks (Except MiA so far) announcing new attractions for next year CF really needs to step up for VF in 2015 and bring the park something substantial because it is getting rather old after the last 3 years of basically getting nothing. Dino's don't count! Even the closest park in the CF chain in terms of revenue which is Worlds of Fun has received Prowler (2009), Planet Snoopy (2011), Waterpark Expansion (2013) and Steelhawk for (2014) without VF getting anything since 2007 except Planet Snoopy (2011).
Last edited by RCjunkie on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:44 am.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:47 am

ValleyfairFan wrote:New ones were needed if that's the direction they're going in. I certainly welcome a family addition on that end of the park, and I hope they continue to put further additions down at this end to help bring Venom into the park so to speak.

I completely agree. I respect you ValleyfairFan, you are a fan of Valleyfair and the Cubs so that must be tough. Every year around August you usually have to utter the mantra, "There is always hope for next year..." for both of those interests. ;)

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby ValleyfairFan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:14 am

^Very true, very true

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Topdrag » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:14 pm

RCjunkie wrote:
ValleyfairFan wrote:New ones were needed if that's the direction they're going in. I certainly welcome a family addition on that end of the park, and I hope they continue to put further additions down at this end to help bring Venom into the park so to speak.

I completely agree. I respect you ValleyfairFan, you are a fan of Valleyfair and the Cubs so that must be tough. Every year around August you usually have to utter the mantra, “There is always hope for next year..." for both of those interests. ;)

I have to say this post made my day. Hopefully they will spill the beans soon. Though knowing Valleyfair, they like to be the last to announce stuff. I know though area 1 is going to see some nice changes being they seem to be focusing on it again this year.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:00 am

Topdrag wrote:...Though knowing Valleyfair, they like to be the last to announce stuff. I know though area 1 is going to see some nice changes being they seem to be focusing on it again this year.

With them doing more work in area 1 again this year that may happen. If not this year then maybe next year or the one after. I am curious to see what they do with the old amphitheater in area 1 that has not been on the park map the last 2 years. Pretty big foot print there. I think it would be a good place to relocate the Pirate Ship, tear down the IMAX theater next to Pirate Ship so they could expand the water park. Of course I would welcome a new flat ride or something there too.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby pashearer23 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:18 am

Valleyfair is excited to announce the addition of a new family coaster, Northern Lights, and the development of Route 76, an all-new area geared towards families. Looks great! =)
https://www.valleyfair.com/what-s-new/new-for-2014-route-76

MORE FAMILY FUN IN 2014

Route 76 – New area to include classic rides & all-new family coaster

Valleyfair is excited to announce the addition of a new family coaster, Northern Lights, and the development of Route 76, an all-new area geared towards families.

Flying up to 42 feet above Route 76, Northern Lights will have everyone clinging to the handrails for the ultimate family coaster experience. Guests 42” or taller, will rock and roll on over 300 feet of track at speeds of up to 43 mph. At night, Northern Lights’ dancing lights of blues, greens and purples will match the same colorful display of light that illuminate the horizon during this natural phenomenon.

The new Route 76 area will take guests back into amusement park Americana with the return of three Valleyfair classic rides that made their debut in 1976 when the Park opened. Antique Autos, a treasured favorite, returns with a new roadway in Route 76 featuring brand new Cadillac styled cars. Tilt-a-Whirl and Scrambler will also be relocated to the new area and will receive new theming and LED light packages, bringing guests a perfect mix of classic and new to ensure they get their kicks on Route 76.

“Route 76 is an exciting new area for Valleyfair,” said Dave Frazier, Valleyfair’s Vice President and General Manager. “Visiting our park is about creating lasting memories with your friends and families. Bringing back classic rides from the past will allow our guests to share their childhood memories with a new generation, while also creating new memories on Northern Lights, our new family coaster. These unique experiences everyone can enjoy together reinforce Valleyfair as the top destination for families.”

Set to debut in May of 2014, Route 76 will be located by Steel Venom and will include the newly added full service catering facility Picnic Point.

img_gallery_vf14_center_LG.jpg
img_gallery_vf14_1-lg.jpg
img_gallery_vf14_2-lg.jpg
Last edited by ernierocker on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:38 am.

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:25 am

Another Disko coaster. I love it.
When were the antique cars removed?
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!