TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

Apparently the books below are a prop in the new Princess Fairytale Hall.

I've heard at least one person complain that the books should not be in their original (non English) languages because the theme of MK is "Americana". I totally disagree. Fantasyland isn't Americana at all. Last I looked we don't have castle's like you'd see in the middle of the park, Snow White, Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, etc, AREN'T American stories.

Anybody have a problem with this or is this yet another overraction by Disney nerds?

I'm sorry. I can't process what you just said. If I read the words on the screen correctly, you're indicating that somewhere on the internet, someone has said that they don't want the original language version of fairy tales re-told/butchered by the Walt Disney Corporation because, somehow, they have become "Americana". If that is correct, this person or persons, whoever or whomever they maybe, would the dumbest and wrongest human beings ever to grace Earth. I thus will have to believe that I did not read this and go on with my evening, and hopefully, my life, without ever reflecting again on the possibility that I read exactly that here today.

Well, I do agree that it's taking WAY too long especially considering the rate that Universal is churning out "E-ticket" quality attractions. But I disagree that it's not going to be awesome when it finally does open. I've never understood hating a ride before it even opens.

Sure, anybody could have looked at Full Throttle and realized that it was too short but I don't think anybody ever said it wouldn't be fun, and it is. But when it comes to Disney, you know it's going to be quality.

Wonder if Snow White's animatronic hair is going to create controversy too.

^Universal have definitely set an aggressive pace, but that's what market challengers do. It's not an apples to apples comparison though - I can appreciate why something like Be Our Guest would take longer to put together than Moe's Tavern (although both look great).

This ride looks great, yet it's being sneered at as a 'D-ticket' ride that took too long to build on certain Disney fansites. I can't wait to check it out!

Could somebody please explain how a mine train, which is essentially a family coaster, could be a D-ticket ride? It does not compute...

^Themeing, plain and simple.

If you take two identical rides, place one in a field, and the other is massively themed, the themed one would be more desirable. So, its higher on the scale.

The whole ticket scale could be said that its based off of demand and quality, not the cost of the attractions. Even though the whole thing is silly and subject to personal opinion anyways so its really a moot point.

Vekoma Mine Trains provide a good example. Here's the mine train at Walibi Belgium.

Here is the Vekoma Mine Train at Hard Rock Park.

I think the difference is pretty clear. Which one would you rather ride? I'm guessing that the "swinging" mine cars will be the kicker for the WDW ride, along with the show scenes.

Edited by cfc

Apparently the books below are a prop in the new Princess Fairytale Hall.

I've heard at least one person complain that the books should not be in their original (non English) languages because the theme of MK is "Americana". I totally disagree. Fantasyland isn't Americana at all. Last I looked we don't have castle's like you'd see in the middle of the park, Snow White, Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, etc, AREN'T American stories.

Anybody have a problem with this or is this yet another overraction by Disney nerds?

And how many of those stories were actually created by DISNEY?

I can't believe that Disney would release a testing picture with the themeing not finished and electrical hook ups still exposed. This has totally ruined the magic for me and is further evidence to the resort declining by degrees, I'll never attend the park again or ride this ride in protest.

Seriously though this things looks awesome. I really had no interest in the New Fantasyland project even when this was initially announced but the more updates I've seen the more I think that it might be a fun little attraction.