Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

P. 300: Former park land sold for $3.5 million
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:35 pm

Funny that this thread has come back to life a bit as I was at MB two weeks ago on vacation and drove by the park to get some photos. They had a mega-church next to the parking lot, so we parked in their lot and I walked around the theme park parking lot & across the street to get some photos.
Myrtle Beach 2013 091.JPG
Beach Church?

I was wondering if the big section had a coaster in the box like FoF or Disaster Transport, but themed to heaven & hell (Black Sabbath, perhaps?).

I don't think that I have ever seen a church that looked like it could also double as a manufacturing facility.

Beach Church?
Myrtle Beach 2013 093.JPG
Led Zeppelin still looked like it was in great shape although it looked like a lot of weeds and trees were trying to stake their claim on it. I was surprised that there was no rust and the paint looked barely faded!
Myrtle Beach 2013 095.JPG
This was taken through the fence - the park was not open & nope, I did not jump it nor did I pass through any 'No Trespassing' signs to get any of the photos.
Myrtle Beach 2013 096.JPG
From what I hear it wasn't all that great, but I'm sure there are lots of smaller parks that would love to have this coaster in their line-up.
Myrtle Beach 2013 097.JPG
Entrance plaza.
Myrtle Beach 2013 098.JPG
Still looked to be in great shape other than the weeds, cobwebs and dust.
Myrtle Beach 2013 099.JPG
Sad to see this, really. It is too bad to know that this park had potential, yet just seemed to be plopped down in the wrong market at the wrong time.
Myrtle Beach 2013 100.JPG
Front gate...you could have heard a pin drop.
Myrtle Beach 2013 101.JPG
Front gate and guest services. I guess I'm kind of amazed that this park flopped as bad as it did, yet Broadway At The Beach still seems to draw in a lot of tourists? While I liked some of the original stores at BATB, I thought it was kind of cheesy. I'm sure there would be folks that would beg to differ though....mainly because...ummm...it's still open.
Myrtle Beach 2013 102.JPG
Opposite end of the park from LZ.
Myrtle Beach 2013 103.JPG
I would love to have this to hang in my garage, although Sir Paul looks a tad Asian, doesn't he?
Myrtle Beach 2013 104.JPG
Front entrance plaza.
Myrtle Beach 2013 106.JPG
Led Zeppelin. I'm sorry, but I just can't call it 'Time Machine'.
Myrtle Beach 2013 107.JPG
Ferris Wheel lift...definitely unique. This was the 'Life In The Fast Lane' themed to the Eagles song, right?
Myrtle Beach 2013 109.JPG
So what day did the music really die? When HRP shut down, or when FMP completely flopped?
Myrtle Beach 2013 110.JPG
Sometimes the song doesn't remain the same.
Myrtle Beach 2013 111.JPG
Panoramic shot of the parking lot & park.
Myrtle Beach 2013 114.JPG
From the street. Really wished I could have ridden this - because I like both Led Zeppelin and most B&M coasters.
Myrtle Beach 2013 115.JPG
I really liked the zeppelin loading platform.
Myrtle Beach 2013 116.JPG
Hope you find a new home soon!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby PalmTree55 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:08 pm

Ok, so Time Machine wasn't the best or a "top ten" coaster, but I enjoyed it alot when I rode it in 2009. Sure it rattled, but the Zero-G was heavenly. I know of MANY smaller parks that could really use this in their coaster line up!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:49 pm

I really thought the ride was about as "mediocre" as they come. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. If it wasn't for the fact that we were doing a bunch of filming at the time, it would have been a "one and done" for me. I actually liked the layout of the ride as I really like B&Ms (or really any coaster maker for that matter) that have two vertical loops in them, NOT back-to-back. But even with a unique and fun layout, the ride did really nothing for me.

It would do great at a smaller park that needs a bigger ride, and the GP would love it, but it's not going to "WOW" anyone...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:05 pm

Philrad71 wrote: This was the 'Life In The Fast Lane' themed to the Eagles song, right?

No, the Vekoma Mine Train was the Eagles ride.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:55 pm

^That was the strangest bit of theming ever--unless when you think of "the Fast Lane" it brings to mind a Vekoma Mine Train sitting on a lawn.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:13 pm

^Post Of The Day

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby B&MBoy1982 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:50 pm

I think the folks over at Holiday World should buy that B&M. It would be PERFECT for that park.

Over near Voyage would be a great place for it.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:15 am

cfc wrote:^That was the strangest bit of theming ever--unless when you think of "the Fast Lane" it brings to mind a Vekoma Mine Train sitting on a lawn.

With a statue straight out of the burning man festival as a finale no less.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Xmeister » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:28 am

All I can really say about Time Machine/Led Zeppelin is that it is quite the photogenic coaster. Probably one of the worst post-midcourse break run sections I've ever seen on a coaster too. It would fit at Kentucky Kingdom really well. Who else could it be going to if a sale is indeed close to happening?

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby PalmTree55 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:22 am

Xmeister wrote:All I can really say about Time Machine/Led Zeppelin is that it is quite the photogenic coaster. Probably one of the worst post-midcourse break run sections I've ever seen on a coaster too. It would fit at Kentucky Kingdom really well. Who else could it be going to if a sale is indeed close to happening?

Holiday World

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!