TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Heide Park Discussion Thread

^ Yep. So does GateKeeper, The Swarm, and X-Flight. It's called a wing-over drop.

I don't believe that's what he referring to. The drop on this and X-Flight fully invert further down the half loop (the tracks at about 90* when the half loop starts). It's slightly different than Gatekeeper and Swarm (where they reach the full 180* in the roll before entering the half loop). They're all still wing-over drops, but he was noting the shaping differences and similarities between the group.

^ Yep. So does GateKeeper, The Swarm, and X-Flight. It's called a wing-over drop.

I don't believe that's what he referring to. The drop on this and X-Flight fully invert further down the half loop (the tracks at about 90* when the half loop starts). It's slightly different than Gatekeeper and Swarm (where they reach the full 180* in the roll before entering the half loop). They're all still wing-over drops, but he was noting the shaping differences and similarities between the group.

Yes, I was noting how both this and X-Flight have a rounder drop than The Swarm or GateKeeper.

^ I have noticed that this usually happens when the track twists to the side to which the bottom of the drop goes. Let me explain better, on x-flight the track twists to the right and then the layout continues to the right of the lift (if you are on it), here it all happens to the left. On gatekeeper, the twist is to the right but then the immelmann is on the left side of the lift and on the swarm the twist is done to the left and then the track continues to the right. I don't know if I've made myself clear but what I mean is that when the track is fully inverted before the actual drop it means the coaster will then come out on the other side, if it isn't then the bottom of the drop will be on the side to which the track twised before.

129_35.thumb.jpg.d65e7ee34ed56a3cda26522257c72c97.jpg

(if you're facing the lift) twist to the left, bottom of the drop (and next element) on the left of the lift too

01.jpg.799f961ef13e77af55d886d47fdf59ac.jpg

here the twist is to the left but the bottom of the drop and zero-g are located on the right of the lift

See what I mean?

Have found an other update":

Immelmann hasn't changed that much. Shop however.

The airtime-hill goes to the Immelmann. Also the pieces between the Zero G and Immlemann are being lift in place.

The shop gets along nicely.

Airtime-hill is almost done.

Sky-view from the Drop Tower.

The almost completed track work.

Source and more pictures here.

Its ridiculous how fast this is going. I seem them finishing track work in a day or 2. Anyway it looks beautiful look forward to see it finished in 2014 for myself.

And an other update found. 3 or 4 pieces left to go for full circuit.

Airtime-hill is complete.

The last pieces of track are brought to the construction site.

Last part that needs to be done.

Station goes into concrete.

I noticed that the re-roofing has been but to a hold.

The concrete.

Is that scar deliberately or just from drying? Time will tell.

Looks good.

Source.