Photo TR: TPR Taiwan 2013

Day 5: Leofoo and Window on China -- Taiwan with TPR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Photo TR: TPR Taiwan 2013

Postby David H » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:29 pm

Nice report so far, Neil.

Did you guys ride Flume Ride, the Golden Horse water coaster? It had enough coaster track for many to count as a coaster, though I chose not to count it. It had some very nice theming, too.

Also, did you do the park's dark ride? If so, how was is? I wanted to ride it, but didn't know that it closed earlier than the rest of the park, so I missed it. Just wondering how it was. In fact, ALL of the rides closed earlier than the park, some earlier than others. I literally JUST made it to the walkthrough ghost ship as they were about to close it!
Check out my Photo Trip Report from my Epic Asia Trip! Tons of coasters and a good helping of culture too! The first legs in Japan and Korea are done, and now we're up to the TPR China trip!
Photo TR: David's EPIC Asia trip! TPR China + Japan, Korea, and Taiwan!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby BCTom » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:42 pm

Looks like a great trip. The stuff they have overseas never fails to amuse and impress.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby rctneil » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:51 am

SharkTums wrote:That spinning coaster scared me more than the tilt coaster! It felt so rickety and would fly around the corners over a 1000ft cliff!!!! I assumed one of the cars would just fly right off!

Yeh, that spinner was frankly nervewracking. It span like crazy. It was worrying as you really couldn't see much of the track layout from the pathway.

SuperShawn wrote:Someone better have purchased that Hit the Bum game! And what noise did it make when you hit the bum?

I don;t think anyone did buy it unfortunately and it didn't have any batteries in it so we couldn't test it out.

David H wrote:Nice report so far, Neil.

Did you guys ride Flume Ride, the Golden Horse water coaster? It had enough coaster track for many to count as a coaster, though I chose not to count it. It had some very nice theming, too.

Also, did you do the park's dark ride? If so, how was is? I wanted to ride it, but didn't know that it closed earlier than the rest of the park, so I missed it. Just wondering how it was. In fact, ALL of the rides closed earlier than the park, some earlier than others. I literally JUST made it to the walkthrough ghost ship as they were about to close it!

The flume was closed all day for maintenance or something so we had to bypass that one. Not sure what the dark ride was as I didn't see one. The roller skater indoors was called "Dark Ride" though.
TRIPS:
West Coast Tour 2009 - || - Middle America 2010 - || - IntimidaTOUR 2010 - || - Best of China 2012
Taiwan 2013 - || - Japan 2013 - || Scandinavia 2014
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5a7b5ea10f265e536d315d1bd5a624a7.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby David H » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:25 am

^ There was an actual haunted dark ride (not "Dark Ride". the coaster) in the indoor section, but it was closed when I tried to ride it.

The water coaster was nice, but nothing special. I didn't count it as a credit, though i wouldn't argue with anyone who did, since it did have more than a little coaster track. But ultimately, to me, it was more shoot-the-chutes than anything. I'm not very whorish in my counting.
Check out my Photo Trip Report from my Epic Asia Trip! Tons of coasters and a good helping of culture too! The first legs in Japan and Korea are done, and now we're up to the TPR China trip!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:55 pm

^ I think the dark ride is actually totally gone now.

Postby rctneil » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:02 pm

Ah right, Thanks. I couldn't remember seeing it as I think I covered as much of that building as I could and didn't come across it.
TRIPS:
West Coast Tour 2009 - || - Middle America 2010 - || - IntimidaTOUR 2010 - || - Best of China 2012
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5a7b5ea10f265e536d315d1bd5a624a7.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby rctneil » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:28 pm

So day 3 was at Janfusun Fancyworld. This park is quite in the middle of nowhere and surprisingly is home to Taiwan's 2 B&M roller coasters: A Floorless and a Dive Machine.

We set off early from the hotel with a breakfast box and hit the park extremely early due to the fact that we were meant to be meeting up with the Travel Channel to perform some filming on one of the coasters.

We arrived at the Fancyworld hotel to wait for the parks media person who then let us follow her on her moped straight to Insane Speed, the aforementioned B&M floorless.

tprtaiwan_041.jpg
Our first view of INSANE SPEEEEED!

tprtaiwan_042.jpg
The ferris wheel here has 2 modes of operation, today was the insane crazy mode!

tprtaiwan_043.jpg
At least they got the type right in the name!

tprtaiwan_044.jpg
The view from the station platform

We were waiting on the platform before the Travel Channel arrived so Robb thought why not stop wasting time and get a few rides in and filming for TPR done in one fell swoop.

tprtaiwan_045.jpg
Robb mounting the GoPro's

tprtaiwan_046.jpg
Partially empty trains making the morning rounds

tprtaiwan_047.jpg

We had a couple of rides and Robb got ALL his filming done in 1 cycle of the ride! GO ROBB! The coaster itself was an awesome little ride, smooth and a good number of inversions. Just a typical floorless coaster really. I just dread to think how many times I rode it and how many of those rides were my first ever go!

tprtaiwan_048.jpg
The trip tried to confuse everybody by consisting of two "Keiths"

Travel Channel arrive and start their hour and a half setup. At this point Robb persuaded them to allow us to wander off around the park to ride their other B&M and be back quickly ready for filming.

tprtaiwan_049.jpg
The cavalry arrives.

tprtaiwan_050.jpg
Vicky the Viking was overly present in this park

tprtaiwan_051.jpg
The giant Starwa... Sorry... "Hill Escalator" nicely warned us to be aware of Sharks.

tprtaiwan_052.jpg
This sort of looks slightly familiar

tprtaiwan_053.jpg
G5!!!

tprtaiwan_054.jpg
DON'T LOOK DOWN!!!!!!!

G5 was the parks B&M Dive Machine. G5 is an exact mirror image clone of Oblivion at Alton Towers, UK. It was also much warmer to ride than Oblivion, had a much nicer colour scheme than Oblivion and had no queue! But we did manage to shout the typical "DON'T LOOK DOWN" catchphrase from the top!

tprtaiwan_055.jpg
Remember, Welcome to Oblivion!, wait, err... no, Welcome to G5!!!!! Duh Duh Duhhhh!!!!

tprtaiwan_056.jpg
Awesome view from the viewing platform. why can't Oblivion have this?

On the way back to more Insaaaaanely speeedyness I managed to get a glimpse of other attractions that the park had including the big indoor area that we all thought must be at least be air conditioned and turned out not to be. This building was also the station of the KuKu Coaster, the parks little powered coaster.

tprtaiwan_057.jpg

tprtaiwan_058.jpg

tprtaiwan_059.jpg
A set of S&S towers

Just incase you thought that the park was closed on the day we went to make way for all the filming going on. Nope, the park was fully open and totally empty. I would say there we less than 100 guests in the entire place! and that can include our group and the small group of "extras" that the Taiwanese filming company brought in the fill up Insane Speed.

tprtaiwan_060.jpg
This is where we are, just so we don't forget

Janfusun Fancyworld also had this weird attraction which I wanted to try out but it was down and looked totally down and out. I was told it would be a ride once and never again type of flat.

tprtaiwan_061.jpg

Back at Insane Speed, the film crew were still fiddling around and getting different shots:

tprtaiwan_062.jpg

Anth was looking surprisingly cheerful considering the pole, that had just appeared from the contraption they were building on Elissa's seat just infront of it, was pointing straight at his face.

tprtaiwan_063.jpg
Will I survive? - Yep, He did Anth is all well and good

The said pole. The film crew then decided that "oh this pole doesn't seem very safe to me, let's fix that by covering the end with a tiny bit of blue tape. That'll keep Anth safe enough." :-)

tprtaiwan_064.jpg
Pole of doom

And this is what they built onto Elissa's seat as she sat there for a very long time just to hold a GoPro just off to the side. It was tremendously hot and humid so one of the crew kept getting her bottles of water and wafting her with a plastic sheet to keep her cool!

tprtaiwan_065.jpg
Saw Death Trap Contraption

tprtaiwan_066.jpg
The park had a very nice (but very empty) waterpark

tprtaiwan_067.jpg
The Starwa....Hill Escalator, I'll get this right eventually.

tprtaiwan_068.jpg
G5! - At least you don't forget it's name

tprtaiwan_069.jpg
Speeeedy!

tprtaiwan_070.jpg
Robb wanted shots of the ride but as the park was empty, Anth was sent to keep riding just so some video could be taken. I think a few others joined him for this ride though.

tprtaiwan_071.jpg
I'm on TV!!!!!!

after our supposedly 1 ride on Insane Speed, we voted to give our thoughts using the iPad's set up just outside the ride.

tprtaiwan_072.jpg
The voting! What did we think? Well you'll have to wait to find out

After more Travel Channel things, I got to spend a small amount of time wandering around the upper section of the park. Up there was a coffee museum that was delightful in two ways: 1. It smelt of coffee and 2. It was wonderfully air conditioned. There was also a small haunted walkthrough with a stab in the back preshow. I apologise profusely to Miles for this walkthrough!

After leaving Janfusun Fancyworld we made our way to our next hotel which was situated right next to Sun Moon Lake. Sun Moon Lake has a cycle path around it which is apparently one of the top 10 cycle paths in the world according to Michelle. It was a beautiful area and had stunning views across the lake and the hills beyond.

tprtaiwan_073.jpg
Bitter Nut Trees

tprtaiwan_074.jpg
Sun Moon Lake

tprtaiwan_075.jpg

tprtaiwan_076.jpg
I think Anth is hungry.

tprtaiwan_077.jpg
Yumm

tprtaiwan_078.jpg
Night view from room balcony

Our next park is Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village situated about 15 minutes from our hotel here. I know what you are thinking, oh no, a culture park. Wait! It was a surprise to us as to what awaited us and it was an awesome day overall, but that's all for next time.

See you all then!
TRIPS:

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:41 pm

That steel rod of death totally looks safe! Thankfully you were on a B&M so you weren't bouncing around in danger of bashing your head into it, haha. Looks like a lovely little park on the side of a hill; the pictures from the stations of each coaster were very pretty! Thanks for sharing all the photos.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Postby David H » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:03 pm

Imagine the steel rod of death on a Vekoma!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:08 pm

I got hot and sweaty just reading this report...and not in a good way!

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive