Photo TR: Bill & David's TPR Japan Tour (2013)

Our whole trip - From "A-rigato" to Z-ouvenirs! (o:
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Photo TR: Bill & David's TPR Japan Tour (2013)

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:13 pm

~ Tokyo Disney Sea at Night ~

After we came back from out hotel break, David wanted do "Storm Rider" . I had done it on two previous visits, so I let him do that and I visited other parts of the park, and single rider on 'Raging Spirits" ("I tell ya, smooth as glass!"), before meeting up for something to eat and more night time touring.

The "Fantasmic" show that was done every evening in the park's front harbor was being scaled down for showing. Meaning the winds were up, so the fireworks used in the production weren't used. We didn't want to see it until it could all be seen, so we skipped it this night, hoping our next two nights would be better, with calmer skies - and no rain, of course, lol!
That seems to affect these "water shows" too, believe it or not.

Here's the night photos we took...
Resize of IMG_0782.JPG
David's visit to Storm Rider produced this pre-show shot. (DbM)
Resize of IMG_2735.JPG
The is was my shot of Raging Spirits. Always loved this use of water and fire.
Resize of IMG_0784.JPG
Then later on, David took his shot, Hmmm, he's getting good with this camera of his... (DbM)
Resize of IMG_2736.JPG
I did a distance shot of one of the many lovely blue minarets in Arabian Coast.
Resize of IMG_0787.JPG
And David took his shot of one of the largest minarets, covering the two level carousel. (DbM)
Resize of IMG_2859.JPG
For our evening meal we headed into Casbah Food Court, for some curry.
Resize of IMG_2738.JPG
And it was great! We had a two-curry plate between us,and we had to get extra naan bread it was all so good. We also decided the meat curry trumped the chicken, lol! (Note David's new light-up Mickey.)
Resize of IMG_2740.JPG
A "busy shot" of the Port Discovery area. Storm Rider was to the right; the overhead trolly station was ahead of us.
Resize of IMG_2744.JPG
Of course, we had to do Aquatopia at night. Cool lighting effects on and in the water. There was a lot of blue in there. This is the right side of it.
Resize of IMG_2743.JPG
A more clear and un-fuzzy shot of the attraction.
Resize of IMG_2746.JPG
Looking over to American Waterfront, circa 1940s. Big ship (the Columbia) in back, there.
Resize of IMG_2749.JPG
My fave big band show, the signs all lit up.
Resize of IMG_2750.JPG
A typical night lights table in this park and Disneyland. So many pretty lights to choose from....
Resize of IMG_0792.JPG
A lit up reminder of what we're celebrating at the Resort. (DbM)
Resize of IMG_0793.JPG
And a last Disney Sea World shot of the evening, before getting back to the hotel, and calling it a night. (DbM) (and The next two days'visits....Park Hopper Days!)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:23 pm

Before I start with our first Park Hopper Day at TDLR this coming week,
I wanted to share a photo of an area of Tokyo Disney Sea, you may not know.

Or you may know exactly where it is. But here are your choices, lol....

A) Exit stairs from The Terrace second floor restaurant,
with balcony views of the park.
B) Exit stairs from Jasmine's Magic Carpet Ride.
C) Exit stairs from Sindbad's Fairytale Voyage.
D) None of the above, damnit! It's ________________.

Worth a guess, hmm? For a second I had to think what
it was, that David had taken a photo of, heh heh..
Resize of IMG_1044.JPG
So? Any ideas? I'll tell in next week's posting. (DbM)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:57 pm

Day 3 at TDLR - Disneyland in the Morning...

So today we finally had our park options opened, being able to combine both parks into a day's visit, or lopside it and do it like we did: the morning spent at Tokyo Disneyland. And the rest of the day.... :wink:

We actually left a good number of the main attractions on the "left side" of Disneyland, all of Adventure Land, and got all of them done before we headed over to Disney Sea.

Pirates of the Caribbean still had Jack Sparrow hiding here and there in the ransacked town. And it was still as it always was and is: a really great attraction, after all these years!

I always enjoy the Western Railroad, and as many of you know, it's not actually a full park circuit train. Seems the Japanese Gov't would tax the park if the train had more than one station, making it (sort of) public transport. Which is taxable. That's why the monorail is a separated ticketed thing - it's transportation with more than one station. Anyway, the Japanese still wanted a train ride, so Disney made it an attraction unto itself. With some really nice scenic spots, including an overview of Splash Mountain, completely around the Rivers of America and then...... (no spoilers) It was great to ride it again. Always a fave with me.

Below the train station (it's elevated) is the loading dock for the Jungle Cruise, we then did that with an absolutely IN-SANE GUIDE who pretty much bantered non-stop, and about as Speedy Gonzales as humanly possible! I taped a minute
of his banter as we came back into the dock area. Will post later. But this was IMhO as fun and crazy as the Jaws attraction at Universal Japan. Lots of Japanese - much drams - overcooked reactions. Really silly and fun. He was great.

We didn't do the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse (remember them?), as it was way too much (at the time in the building heat and humidity) to walk up and down for us. Seems the locals didn't visit it much either. Rarely a crowd in it, and no line up ever seen. So that was an easy pass.

And finally took in the newly (to us) created attraction of the Tiki Birds....and Stitch. Now it wasn't really a bad show, with this Major Change. Buts till, I did miss the original program, in Japanese too. I mean, the original all built up to awakening the gods and causing lightning, wind, rain Big Weather. Not, its' just to 9eventually) reveal Stitch in the middle... and it's practically done. Eh. Will be passed next visit.

So all of that done, a turkey leg on the go, and we headed over to that other park..... ;)
Resize of IMG_2754.JPG
Breakfast done, and Mickey to wish us well on our 1st Park Hopper Day.
Resize of IMG_2756.JPG
Back-of-the-Castle view. Bet you don't see this shot too often...
Resize of IMG_2757.JPG
Look! Another 53! Sweet. On the train engine of the Western Railroad attraction.
Resize of IMG_2758.JPG
And - our jungle cruise vessel arrives. Hi Val!
Resize of IMG_0833.JPG
And this was our ever bantering, non-stop over-acting guide. Awesome! (DbM)
Resize of IMG_0824.JPG
Group meal. (DbM)
Resize of IMG_0830.JPG
Open air shower, with a great view! (DbM)
Resize of IMG_0837.JPG
I think this is where Stitch was hiding out. "In The Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room". (DbM)
Resize of IMG_2760.JPG
Side-view-of-the-Castle. There it is.
Resize of IMG_2761.JPG
As we were leaving TDL we ran into The Alveys! So we did a group shot with Robb being as.... 'animated' as he always is. :P And Elissa being sweet, as usual.
Resize of IMG_2763.JPG
I love everywhere Disney puts flowers. And shade, lol! And this was taken just after we arrived at TDS.
More to come...

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby CoasterFEV » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:32 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:I always enjoy the Western Railroad, and as many of you know, it's not actually a full park circuit train. Seems the Japanese Gov't would tax the park if the train had more than one station, making it (sort of) public transport. Which is taxable. That's why the monorail is a separated ticketed thing - it's transportation with more than one station.

Quick question if anyone knows the answer - because I was trying to figure this out when we were all in Japan this Summer and no one seemed to know the answer:

I'm familiar with the age-old legal requirements in Japan that had (forced?) Disney to design the railroad with only one station and to charge for the monorail.

But....

If the "any train/transport with more than 1 station must be charged/taxed" rule is applicable - then why does the Tokyo DisneySea Electric Railway have 2 stations and why is it free?

It's an honest question that I really don't know the answer to and hoping that someone here can assist with.

Thanks!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:39 pm

Hmmm. ^ I have no idea about that, Dan. And you are right about it being a two station transport.

Maybe they found a loophole? I know this sounds silly, but maybe because
it's a back-and-forth kind oftransportation, and not a circular route...?

Anybody know the reason for non-taxation?
I'd be curious to know, myself. :smile:

EDIT to add: And then there's the dock-to-dock route of the water transit boats,
between Mediterranean Harbour and the Lost River Delta. I guess they'd be also
subject to taxing, but don't seem to be.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:36 pm

Day 3 at TDLR ....Disney Sea in the Afternoon.

And back to Disney Sea we went, after getting all of our Disneyland attraction-riding done!

Spent most of the afternoon strolling around, took the steamer transit from the Mediterranean dock, which is a 1/2 circuit ride, unloading at the Lost River Delta dock. The dock at Cape Cod affords a "full circle tour" of the park. Really a wonderful way to see the entire park from the water, without stopping.

Eventually, we made it to one of the afternoon showings of Mystic Rhythms, a really great show with water...and FIRE!
This will be in my next posting.....
Resize of IMG_2764.JPG
So now we're back... where do we head first?
Resize of IMG_2765.JPG
But there's always time for a good photo, with someone you know. (o;
Resize of IMG_0882.JPG
David loved this ship. I always have, too. (DbM)
Resize of IMG_2766.JPG
Goofy doesn't get enough fan love. )o:
Resize of IMG_2767.JPG
Met this young Duffy Fan in line for beverages at the Base Camp Grill. Man, that's a lot of bears!
Resize of IMG_2768.JPG
This is the entrance to the Grill...and cocktails! <smile>
Resize of IMG_2770.JPG
We finally took a turn on the Flying Carpets. Really beautifully set and themed all around it.
Resize of IMG_1043.JPG
Kitty, kitty, kitty.... (DbM)
Resize of IMG_1053.JPG
Of course we couldn't miss another round with Sindbad. It's really a beautifully put together story and attraction....with banana smells! (DbM)
Resize of IMG_1054.JPG
Happy genie, out of jail, jamming with Sindbad. (DbM)
Resize of IMG_1059.JPG
Then there's this lovely scene, that leads into... (DbM)
Resize of IMG_1060.JPG
Happy Whale meet-up. (DbM)
Resize of IMG_1062.JPG
Part of the Finale. Loved how they did the fireworks, here. (DbM)
Resize of IMG_1044.JPG
And for those who wanted to know... The answer is C). These were the exit stairs from the Sindbad attraction. (DbM)
Resize of IMG_2775.JPG
Nice landscaping here.
Resize of IMG_2776.JPG
Now, you'd think with some of the money they make here, that this 'leak' would FINALLY be taken care of? (o; That's the back of Storm Rider show building, too.
Resize of IMG_2777.JPG
View From a Bridge - Lost River Delta Dock. And beyond!
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:14 pm.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:48 pm

In between a lot of photos...

Here's the video of our INSANE Jungle Cruise Guide,
rolling off his final spiel before we get to the unload dock.

And this was only one - minute - of it. Awesome.

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

He loved doing it, we loved hearing it, we were all in love....... <sighs>

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:40 pm

"Mystic Rhythms" at Disney Sea

I had seen this show before, in the previous TPR visit (2011). But back then, we were just in time to grab seats, and ended up waaaay on the left of the stage, half way between the front and back rows. Needless to say, we missed a lot of things that went on on the left of the stage. So this time, David and I got great seats practically at the back of the theatre, but in the middle section, with a full view of the stage, the lighting, the musicians - everything LOL! Great seats, we felt.

I also asked the cast members working there, if it was alright to take any photos of the production? The answer was "Yes, but please no LED light." So, I parked myself in the absolute back row, no one behind me at all, and used a kerchief I had to 'drape' over the view screen, kept the camera in a fixed position and snapped away when I felt like it. Most of the shots are blurry it's true, but other turned out not too bad.

The story is one of nature working together. Earth, water, wind, fire. Reminds me of a rock band. Hmmm.... Some nice mini-Cirque du Soleil acrobatics through-out the show, and some great effects, including a diving pool under the main stage, that kept appearing and disappearing when not needed.
Resize of IMG_2785.JPG
David in the back of the theatre,
Resize of IMG_2786.JPG
Overhead lighting. Lots of stuff to climb, onstage. The musicians are housed in two raised "huts," one of which you can see on the left of the stage. The band was awesome!
Resize of IMG_2787.JPG
It begins....
Resize of IMG_2789.JPG
Resize of IMG_2792.JPG
Resize of IMG_2794.JPG
Resize of IMG_2798.JPG
Resize of IMG_2800.JPG
Resize of IMG_2803.JPG
Resize of IMG_2804.JPG
Resize of IMG_2805.JPG
Resize of IMG_2809.JPG
Resize of IMG_2810.JPG
Resize of IMG_2813.JPG
Resize of IMG_2814.JPG
Resize of IMG_2817.JPG
Resize of IMG_2820.JPG
Resize of IMG_2822.JPG
Resize of IMG_2827.JPG
Resize of IMG_2828.JPG
Best - Final - Curtain - Ever!
Resize of IMG_2831.JPG
Cast bows.
Resize of IMG_2832.JPG
And acknowledging the musicians for the awesome soundscape.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:11 am

I haven't seen that show yet. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there the last time I was in the park. I'll have to make a point to check it out the next time I'm there.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:43 pm

^ We actually lucked out with seeing "Mystic Rhythms", because it had been down for maintenance, up to the Friday of the tour. Our staying an extra couple of nights at Disney, made it possible to see the show on it's return, that Saturday. So, it worked out for us, and it was a great show to see again. IMhO, I have found all of the shows in Disney Sea much preferable to repeat viewings than the shows at TDL. This one, Big Band Beat, even the Little Mermaid Show. All good enough to see again...and again, lol.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive