TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

A few things about those pictures:

*The track is actually burgandy if I have my shades correct.

*Thanks for pointing out that one of those track pieces was actually a human, it was hard to tell.

*You forgot to mention all those concrete blocks in the ground. I'm an engineering student and I just wanted to throw out that the correct term for those blocks is "doohickies." They hold the noodle things in the ground while the noodle things hold up the track parts that look suspiciously like humans

*When I read that, I suddenly got the impulse to make macaroni noodles in the shapes of coaster support pieces and put blue dye in the pasta dough and sell it as "Bansheeroni."

Thanks for the pics, though! I'm so excited for this! This'll be the first coaster I drive to ride all by myself! Though I hope to meet up with one of the online coaster groups I'm part of, so I won't go it entirely alone. GAH I'm flipping out!

Ill be there opening day just like I did for diamondback. Got there at 5am that and got on the third train after it was opened to passholders. It was incredibly fun talking to random people while waiting.

Ill be there opening day just like I did for diamondback. Got there at 5am that and got on the third train after it was opened to passholders. It was incredibly fun talking to random people while waiting.

Must have been incredibly fun for them, too, what with getting to talk to an ape and all!

Great pictures, thanks - I wonder how many enthusiasts would have guessed that an inverted coaster (especially of this size) would be the thing being installed at a park in 2013? I guess I thought somehow the industry had moved on.

Must have been incredibly fun for them, too, what with getting to talk to an ape and all!

Great pictures, thanks - I wonder how many enthusiasts would have guessed that an inverted coaster (especially of this size) would be the thing being installed at a park in 2013? I guess I thought somehow the industry had moved on.

If a park wants B&M to build any one of their models, B&M will build it for the park.

All of B&M's coaster styles are still available for future installations. It comes down to what the parks want.

^ That's right. I don't think that because the industry moves on manufacturers should abandon their older ideas. There just are new ways of doing things that allow rides to do stuff they wouldn't a few years ago even if the concept of the coaster itself is old. Honestly, I'm a bit sad that B&M have stopped building models like stand-ups and sitting as it's basically all up to the parks.

Thanks for the update!

Some people say the track is pink, some say it's purple. It can be whatever color you want it to be. Just drag this photo into photoshop.

Purpink, perhaps?

^ That's right. I don't think that because the industry moves on manufacturers should abandon their older ideas. There just are new ways of doing things that allow rides to do stuff they wouldn't a few years ago even if the concept of the coaster itself is old.

I honestly couldn't agree more. I think it's hard for the industry to move on from such a well designed model like the inverted coaster. It's one of my favorite, if not my absolute favorite, coaster designs. (as long as we can forget forceless designs like about Silver Bullet and Patriot)

Edited by prozach626

^This bordeaux (or purple/pink/redwine) or whatever color from the track reminds me so much to the year 1987, where the Schwarzkopf-Non-Looping Coaster "Alpina Bahn" (since 1998...) had a colour-change for only one year with - I call it - *bordeaux* painted tracks on white painted supports. It was just noble, under the name "8-Achter-Bahn". From 1983 till 1986 (Original-Theme), it were darkblue tracks on light blue supports - the "Himalaya Bahn"-Theme, which was by the way my all time coaster-theme by this non-loop coaster by Oscar Bruch Senior.

OnTopic: Yes definitely, Tmcdllr - awesome colour-combination by Banshee,

Thri!!er

^Edit: or Magenta

Edited by Thri!!er

With the Q&A, was there any more talk about the restraints?

While I can't say anything about the Q&A since I wasn't there, Cedar Point has fixed the problem with them on Gatekeeper (though I have yet to ride with the improved vests). I would bet that the vests will be fixed for Banshee as well.

I rode the "fixed row" and it still sucked. There were only 2 trains running and I know it depends on the train and the row and the outside seat, the time of day, if the light on the side of the car is working, if you just ate an elephant ear, what color your eyes are Wouldn't Cedar Point come out and say hey, they don't lock now or whatever.