Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 944 - Copperhead Strike Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby GayCoasterGuy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:36 pm

JonnyRCT3 wrote:This is what mean streak needs, not the Iron horse because then it becomes a total knock off of NTAG.

But then CP would finally have one really great kick A$$ ride!

/ducks

I never noticed how awesome of a skyline Carowinds has!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:27 am

^ That is really a stunning photo! I love Parks Skyline pics!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby PalmTree55 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:40 am

Vonni wrote:^ That is really a stunning photo! I love Parks Skyline pics!

Thanks! I love Carowind's Skyline!

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby arby » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:04 am

Carowinds just announced what's new for 2014.

https://www.carowinds.com/what-s-new/new-for-2014

Two New Breathtaking Water Slides Coming to Boomerang Bay

Carowinds, Thrill Capital of the Southeast, is excited to bring two new breathtaking water slides to Boomerang Bay for Summer 2014. The mega-slides are the first phase of a multi-year, multi-million dollar capital investment plan at Carowinds. The new slides will stand over 4 stories high and add 600+feet of sliding fun, bringing new thrills and splashes to the popular water park. The slides will offer two distinctively different rides unique to Boomerang Bay.

Surfer’s Swell will travel a total of 263 feet as riders will plunge onto an angled wall that mimics the sensation of catching an ocean wave. Guests then gracefully enter a final tunnel for a fun ‘splash landing’ into a pool at the bottom of this 45 foot tall experience.

Dorsal Fin Drop offers 351 feet of slide and takes riders on the spin of a lifetime as they gain speed in a curved-tunnel that blasts them into a bowl. Like a shark circling its prey, guests spin and swirl before sliding into the corkscrew exit.

The slides are primed to make Boomerang Bay better than ever in 2014 as they add to its popular attractions, including two wave pools, 11 slides, and 2 kiddie splash pools with over 2 million gallons of water in total. “Cedar Fair is committed to building more excitement and value for our Carowinds guests” says Bart Kinzel, Carowinds Vice-President and General Manager, “The slides are just the first phase of a multi year park investment plan that will continue to deliver the best-day-of-summer that guests have come to expect.”

Construction will begin this Fall and both slides are set to open in May 2014.

img_center_structure(1).png

img_fin.png

img_swell.png

I also heard there are going to be some restaurant upgrades but I don't have any details on that yet.
Last edited by ernierocker on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:12 am.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:25 am

About...TIME! Soooo glad its not the same complex they have been pushing around the chain either...not to say that wouldnt be a welcome addition!
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby loop-de-loop » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:48 am

If I had to guess, I would say Carowinds' next coaster would be a launcher. If Hurler got the Iron Horse treatment, I would bet KD would want it too.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby arby » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:49 am

^I agree. While I personally am not a fan of water parks, I understand their importance and know lots of people who like them. I've been saying for years that they need to add some new slides in the water park. This is a great addition!

I just got the official information from the park about the announcement. Here's what they have to say about the food options.

In addition to the 2 new slides, Carowinds will enhance the dining experience and food offerings at the park with a multi-million dollar investment. The investment will provide guests with a broader variety of food service options; additional air-conditioned venues and expanded capacity to feed and entertain the thousands of daily visitors at the park. Information on Carowinds schedule, prices and attractions can always be found online at http://www.carowinds.com

I suck at LIFE!

Postby djboss302 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:25 am

A lot of people were hoping for a coaster at Carowinds next year. A new water slide complex is good too, but can another Cedar Fair park besides Kings Island get a coaster in 2014?
Top 5 Parks: 1. Cedar Point 2. Epcot 3. Busch Gardens Tampa 4. Holiday World 5. WDW Magic Kingdom
Coaster Count: Wood: 14 Steel: 33 Total: 47 Park count: 8
Top 5 Steel:1. Kumba 2. Montu 3. Raptor 4. Maverick 5. Batman
Top 5 Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. The Legend 3. Blue Streak 4. Viper 5. American Eagle (Red)

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:05 am

Carowinds has plenty enough coasters...the water park has been neglected for ages...well thats a stretch but you get the picture.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:40 am

Excellent additions though I'm surprised they didn't rebrand the water park Soak City to go along with the new slides.

djboss302 wrote:A lot of people were hoping for a coaster at Carowinds next year. A new water slide complex is good too, but can another Cedar Fair park besides Kings Island get a coaster in 2014?

Let's put it this way - Banshee is being added five years after Diamondback at KI. 2015 will be five years since Intimdator so I would assume a new coaster at Carowinds then.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!