Bell's Amusement Park Rebuild

A family owned park making a comeback!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Bell's Amusement Park Rebuild

Postby jabelltulsa » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:29 pm

1001354_517161608339315_800437432_n.jpg
My name is Jason Bell. My family ran an Amusement Park in Tulsa, OK for 56 years. We were leasing land from the County Fair Grounds. During our last year, we fought a lengthy and expensive legal battle over putting in a new roller coaster; a case which we won. During that same season, we lost our Eli Bridge Ferris Wheel due to a micro-burst storm event. In addition, we had major damage and loss of revenue for weeks.

Despite all of that, we still managed to finish with our best year ever! We had great plans for the next season; everything seemed to be coming together.

For reasons that I believe were political, our lease was not renewed. We were informed of this on the last day of our season, and we were given 6 months to vacate. Imagine the loss of money in infrastructure, foundation, electrical, etc. A link to the story is here: http://www.batesline.com/archives/2006/11/for-bells-the-b.html.

Well, we are undeterred. We have a small 5 kiddie ride operation running right now, and we are planning on adding back our Tilt-A-Whirl, another Eli Bridge Ferris Wheel, a miniature golf course, concessions, Scrambler, Spider, 2 Merry Go Rounds, and some games + redemption. We are seeking some assistance through social media and crowd funding. (We own nearly all of the rides from our previous location, so we are just seeking the funds to put them back up)

We have had GREAT success with Facebook. We grew to 20,000 fans in a weekend! We have also launched a crowdfunding campaign through Indiegogo. We are 10 days in, and we have raised $5,000. We are shooting for $60,000; this will allow us to put up the rides I mentioned above. The best part is .. every dollar gets you a ride ticket. There are other great perks as well!

We would so appreciate your help in spreading the news, and if possible making a contribution.

We also plan on putting up our roller coaster named Zingo, our dark ride we called the Phantasmagoria, the Himalaya, the Log Ride, and many others in the years to come.

Please feel free to contact us via Facebook, and visit our website. I'll link everything below:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bells-is-Back/227315583990587
Indiegogo Campaign: www.indiegogo.com/projects/let-s-help-bring-bell-s-back/x/4310708

We would love to have you be a part of our comeback!

Links to some pics of our previous location and rides:
Zingo Roller Coaster
Himalaya
Eli Bridge - Storm Damage
Dark Ride - Phantasmagoria

If you have any technical questions about our rides, please reach out to us. My brother, Robby Bell (President) will be happy to answer them.

(Sorry for the long post)
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:26 pm.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Re: Bell's Amusement Park Rebuild

Postby Coastergenius250 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:41 pm

Looks good! Will Zingo be built by Gravity Group? or M&V?

At least we know it won't be very ghetto!
I am autistic, I hope you can respect that, My Youtube Channel>www.youtube.com/channel/UCNRDiZ9nW-YaYSTHmGD82Tg?feature=watch

My current top 5 CP Coasters. 1: Raptor, 2: GateKeeper, 3: Magnum, 4:Gemini, 5: Mean Streak!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:34 pm

Geauga Lake's Big Dipper needs to go here.
Been you to have any spike, man?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:43 pm

Ed Farmer wrote:Geauga Lake's Big Dipper needs to go here.

I disagree. Why would you want to curse a park that's trying to get back up and running with a woodie that hasn't operated in several years that has a questionable past as it is.

Doesn't the park still have Zingo in storage? I'd rather see them re-build a ride that their own community could embrace than one from Ohio that no one in the area would have any attachment to.

Sorry, but people really just need to "let go" of Big Dipper.

--Robb

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby julioot » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:45 am

What is that Eli Bridge - Storm Damage ride? It looks so messed up.

Postby redfoot12 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:05 am

Contributed!
Good luck!

Postby Ed Farmer » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:39 am

robbalvey wrote:
Ed Farmer wrote:Geauga Lake's Big Dipper needs to go here.

I disagree. Why would you want to curse a park that's trying to get back up and running with a woodie that hasn't operated in several years that has a questionable past as it is.

Doesn't the park still have Zingo in storage? I'd rather see them re-build a ride that their own community could embrace than one from Ohio that no one in the area would have any attachment to.

Sorry, but people really just need to "let go" of Big Dipper.

--Robb

Post was tongue-in-cheek.
Been you to have any spike, man?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:20 am

julioot wrote:What is that Eli Bridge - Storm Damage ride? It looks so messed up.

LOL! At first I had to do a double take.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby SigilX » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:56 am

Hope that Bell finds a new location.

That battle with the fairgrounds lease sounds caustic.
Parks I've been to: Knoebels, Dorney Park, King's Dominion, Hersheypark, Darien Lake, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Orlando, Dutch Wonderland, Six Flags Great Adventure
Coasters I've ridden Big Thunder Mountain (Disney World), Phoenix, Black Diamond

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby BigThunder Man » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:21 pm

I live in Tulsa and I am happy to see Jason finally getting the word out that Bells is coming back. What happen to them at the fair grounds was unfair in my opinion and took away a great place and history from Tulsa. The Zingo still sits in storage just waiting for the day it's able to be put back together and I hope he is successful in his attempt to get the funds needed. I put my money in towards it.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!