TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I noticed Knotts is very quiet for 2014 while Six Flags has made announcements and Cedar Fair parks started to and some more parks are about to (Canada's Wonderland is tomorrow) but nothing from Knotts. I cant help but think about those brown supports on the freeway I saw and posted pics of. They're obviously not for Six Flags, but I remember hearing rumblings/rumors of a do over on Ghostrider. Those brown supports (if indeed they were for a coaster) would go perfectly with Ghostrider if they were to do a RMC hybrid conversion.

I know Knotts is going toward the family direction, BUT its still also a thrill park and 2014 will be TEN years since a big coaster was added (Silver Bullet). Hopefully they do something big soon! 2014 would be a great year to do it. Nothing big for Magic Mtn, Disney and Universal is getting the Despicable Me attraction, so 2014 would be a year to capitalize and take advantage of that situation. If Knotts does something big in 2014 that could still draw the families AND thrill seekers. 2015 would be hard for them to draw as I'm sure Magic Mountain will get something big (if Knotts does a hybrid to Ghostrider MM probably wouldnt do an Iron Colossus but something else) and I believe Disney has something for 2015?

2016 would be even harder as I believe Disney is doing the Marvel area, Universal will open Harry Potter and I'm sure Magic Mtn. would get something new again.

Six Flags gave up the slot to make Iron Colossus this year so I definitely agree Knotts could jump on that oppurtunity because while Colossus is just somewhat enjoyable more of a classic ride you don't do for the thrill, GhostRider is pretty much unrideable. Plus, doing a modified GhostRider would be much easier then this 300 ft giga or whatever people are saying. Don't get me wrong that would be sick if they built that but it's just pretty impractical for the size and location of Knotts

Also I understand how Knotts was trying to not go nuts on the thrill rides, but trying to compete as a mainly themed family park is just silly with disneyland so close. Like I said above they don't have to go too big on thrill because its impractical but with the Boardwalk addition of the park, I would say the park is somewhat family dominated but definitely still has a presence of thrills.

I'm heading to the park next Saturday. Should I expect crowds? Also are any rides currently closed or planned to be closed? And what's the best online deal I can find for tickets? Right now I'm looking at the Knott's website and its about $45 online.

Crowds shouldn't be too bad, we've been having about 9000 or so budget for Saturdays recently compared to the 18k+ during the peak summer. Currently, Windseeker, La Revolucion, and Sierra Railroad are down, but I think Rev should be back up soon.

Also I understand how Knotts was trying to not go nuts on the thrill rides, but trying to compete as a mainly themed family park is just silly with disneyland so close. Like I said above they don't have to go too big on thrill because its impractical but with the Boardwalk addition of the park, I would say the park is somewhat family dominated but definitely still has a presence of thrills.

Knott's is not in competition with Disneyland.

Is this the original logo? Either way I love it.

Yup, it's the original. Same Aztec Flying Dragon that's over the main ride entrance (I believe)..

montezoomas_revenge_original_lead_car_logo.thumb.jpg.0a9b37d6762a56bb88d7ab38650a7c47.jpg

Photo Credit: D. Houston ("Roller Coaster Fever")

Montezooma's Revenge original lead-car (Aztec Flying Dragon) logo

Edited by kongker

^If I remember correctly, it used to be a restaurant.

While I wish Knott's could have kept Windseeker, with all the trouble the state is giving them it's probably better to just cut their losses and move on. Depending on how long dismantling takes, perhaps the park could put a new flat ride here for 2014. Whatever they do, the area isn't large enough for a major attraction, but some type of thrilling flat would be a nice fit (I vote for a Top Scan).

Does anyone know more as to what Cal/OSHA's problem with the ride actually was? I know people have posted something about a ladder not being in code...

And shouldn't Mondial take some responsibility for this whole fiasco? Correct me if I'm wrong, but when they manufacture a ride, shouldn't said ride be in code for the place to where it's being delivered / assembled? I can't help but wonder if this will amount to some sort of lawsuit against the company.

Hopefully, a nice flat ride will take the place of Windseeker. It's too bad it has to come down as I never was able to ride it (though I was able to watch it running from the Marketplace).

Perhaps that Fiesta Village renovation we have all hoped for will come soon.

1300377075_Windseeker1.thumb.jpg.d69d2e2486142cda6370b0f19b10184a.jpgWell, looks like Knott's has confirmed that Windseeker will be leaving Knott's to go to Worlds of Fun.

Full Article: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_news/planned-worlds-of-fun-attraction-has-checkered-past

On Friday, spokespeople from Knott’s Berry Farm and Worlds of Fun confirmed that the Knott’s Berry Farm WindSeeker would be moved in the off-season to Kansas City, where it will begin service at Worlds of Fun, renamed the SteelHawk.

Edited by robbalvey

Does anyone know more as to what Cal/OSHA's problem with the ride actually was? I know people have posted something about a ladder not being in code...

And shouldn't Mondial take some responsibility for this whole fiasco? Correct me if I'm wrong, but when they manufacture a ride, shouldn't said ride be in code for the place to where it's being delivered / assembled? I can't help but wonder if this will amount to some sort of lawsuit against the company.

I wonder the same things... Seems odd they are okay to run in all other states, except CA.

Sad to see it go, I enjoyed the ride.