Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1017 - Yukon Striker Front Seat POV Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 25 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
2 + 2 = donkey!

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby kunpc1 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:02 am

Zamperla is not involved in this project.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Coasterguy21 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:06 am

^Ah, I just figured they designed the ride vehicle like when this type of attraction was announced as being on the market.

http://www.blooloop.com/news/triotech-and-zamperla-to-deliver-the-next-generati/3407#.UiCKi9I2ZKo
This is my super lame signature where I will mention the words "roller coaster" and "theme park"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:13 am

WONDER MOUNTAIN’S GUARDIAN - NEW FOR 2014!

Iconic Wonder Mountain Blasted Open to Reveal New Attraction
4-D Interactive Attraction Brings Fans into the Heat of Battle

For more than 30 years, a familiar darkness has surrounded Wonder Mountain at Canada’s Wonderland. Guests and employees alike have suspected a dark mythical presence hidden within this iconic landmark. In May 2014 the park will throw speculation about these myths aside and blast into Wonder Mountain to unveil a thrilling new interactive 4-D dark ride, Wonder Mountain’s Guardian.

“We felt the timing was right to enter the massive caverns of Wonder Mountain and provide our guests with a new dimension of thrills.” said Norm Pirtovshek, General Manager, Canada’s Wonderland. “Thrill seekers from all generations will be amazed by the combination of unique ride thrills and immersive 4-D interactive action as they compete for ride supremacy.”

Wonder Mountain’s Guardian begins with a perilous climb up the side of Wonder Mountain then plummets into its core traveling through five different layers of this dimensional world. Riders will encounter mythical creatures as they navigate 1,000 feet of coaster track through a desolate forest, underground lake and Draconian City. The quest culminates as riders enter the dragon’s lair for the ultimate battle with a heart stopping finale that will shock thrill seekers of all ages.

Montreal based TRIOTECH, a leading manufacturer of multisensory attractions for the amusement industry, has developed the ground breaking technology for Wonder Mountain’s Guardian. This next generation ride will allow guests to experience stunning 3D effects overlaid with 4-D elements: simulating wind, movement and more. Real time graphics and the fastest most accurate targeting system will be installed to create an ultra-immersive interactive experience.

“This new ride at Canada’s Wonderland will be a one of a kind, never seen before attraction.” said Ernest Yale, President and CEO of TRIOTECH. “It will bring the best elements of the physical, virtual and multi-sensory world. All this combined in a fully immersive and interactive experience."

https://www.canadaswonderland.com/what-s-new/new-for-2014
img_hawk(2).jpg

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby chemical_echo » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:53 am

Sounds interesting, but some concept art or pictures would be nice.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:54 am

When does the 'Is it a credit or not' debate start!?!?

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby jazzimm » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:55 am

Yeah, I read that this morning and went "meh, guess I'm doing a road trip across the US to see Goliath and Zumanjaro instead" lol. It sounds interesting, but for me personally, if I wanted to play a shooting game I would just go to the midway where I might win a prize instead of waiting in line.

Also, I'm just wondering where the concept art is at. Is it weird that there are no no concept art pictures or videos? Maybe I'd be more into this if I could picture it and see if we're talking about a "coaster/dark ride" (the 5 levels on a coaster track had me wondering) or if it's just a dark ride that happens to run on a coaster track. This also may spark the "credit or not" debate lol.
Meow!

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:58 am

I'm picturing either something like Lotte Worlds new XD cinema, where its been super-sized and shooting with the other people in the theater with the coaster track being on the screen like Lotte Worlds is mostly themed to a mine cart (I don't know how many other XD theaters got the guns apart from Lotte world's so if they changed it enough it could still be one of a kind) or a spiderman/transformers ride but with a shooting element built in perhaps to make it one of a kind, although in the hands of Cedar Fair, I dread to think how that would turn out: http://www.trio-tech.com/page/IDR.html
Last edited by Garet on Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:03 am.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:59 am

I'm picturing something more like Veil of Dark, the shooter, coaster, dark ride, spinner, looping thing at Tokyo Joypolis. Sorry though, I doubt the Canada version will be anywhere as cool as the Japanese one! ;)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:02 am

Hmm--this is probably the most "interesting" of the park announcements so far, not to mention an unusual move for a Cedar Fair park. Always good to see new dark rides going into parks.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:03 am

The worst part about this announcement is that I'm assuming I'll now have to get KT another stuffed animal to go along with her: Gatekeeper, Leviathan, Nessie, Iron Rattler...damn you merchandising department!!! I can already see it now, Guardian and Gatekeeper are obviously going to be married or related.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!