TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

main_TsunamiSoaker.jpg.3aa2ba7f2b4af28c31e6630ebc4818ed.jpgNew in 2014, Six Flags St. Louis adds the first interactive water ride in the park. The Tsunami Soaker will be the newest addition to the park’s lineup of family thrills as this wet and wild attraction provides an energetic and engaging experience like no other.

Tsunami Soaker is like your classic teacup ride with an exciting twist. You and up to five other passengers will hop into one of the nine round boats that sit atop a circular floor in a pool of water. As the ride begins, the floor will lower into the water until it disappears, allowing your boat to float and splash ‘ ‘round and ‘round . Your raft will spin in circles while the other boats twist around you, creating a dizzying experience.

Each seat on the boat is armed with a giant water gun so every rider can participate in the action. While your boat rotates around the wet course, you can engage in an adrenaline-pumping water battle, shooting your pistol at other riders and innocent bystanders, soaking them with bursts of water. This drenching water attraction will be a great way to cool off on a hot day and enjoy a fun family adventure.

The new Tsunami Soaker is set to debut late spring 2014 and will be located in the Gateway to the West section of the park. Are you ready to get soaked on this new ride?

Edited by robbalvey

As far as the security questions go, yes we live in a high crime area, but most of the dangerous crimes are thug on thug action. It would be rare for someone to go to SFSTL with the intention of committing a crime outside of minor disorderly conduct (teens being teens) or larceny. There's really no reason why they couldn't move the metal detectors behind the gates as opposed to a temporary looking check point area out front. The chances of a mass shooting are far less likely of happening at SF than most other areas. It's too open.

In reference to the new addition: Thumbs up from me, as long as it goes in the hannibarrel area, or if something is done with the hannibarrel area, period. It will be a nice addition to the park.

That being said... it probably won't bring me back to the park next year. I'll be saving my money Canada's Wonderland and making a return trip to King's Island, next year.

This is a good family addition to the park. I am looking forward to what 2015 will bring for SFStL; although, I don't think we'll be seeing the RMC treatment on the Boss (I kinda like it the way it is). I could see something replacing The Ninja in 2015 though!

Well, I'm definitely happy about our addition, and I'm glad its getting a better name than Aqua Twist, I just wish the name would fit with the themed area, but I'm not going to complain. This is probably the best addition we have gotten since American Thunder, In my opinion of course.

I'm interested in what else the park will do to spruce up the area around the aqua twist. It won't really fit into a wild west themed area.

I'm also interested in what will happen to Tidal Wave, since HWFan made mention of it's demise this season. Hopefully the aqua twist won't go where Tidal Wave is.

Will this be installed on the Hannabarrell site? has that been confirmed?

It is not confirmed that the new ride will replace the Hannibarrels, I have heard that they are gone, but they could be just removed and this ride placed elsewhere. I don't see how this ride would fit in that location without major changes to the surrounding area (it appears you need to be able to walk all the way around the new ride to allow the bystanders to be involved in the ride which you can't do at the Hannibarrels location). I don't know if the Hannibarrels area is really part of the Gateway To The West section or not, I don't think that it is based on the fact that the park lists the Airbrush shop next door as part of the Backlot area (and the park said that both the Sound Stage and Slingshot were part of the Studio Backlot area before, also the last season the Hannibarrels were open it was part of the Backlot area as well).

So the other possible location for Tsunami Soaker in the Gateway To The West section is where Calico's (probably closed forever) and other "dead" buildings just south of Calico's sit not used. Since this ride will also need water and there are no water rides anywhere near the Hannibarrels site, I'm leaning towards the rides' location being where Calico's is since there are water rides and the kids fountain in the area, but I don't know for sure.

If you look at the current park map why would you say the Hannibarrels area would be considered part of Gateway To The West? I know the section dividing lines aren't really what they used to be, but the closet the Gateway To The West section gets on the map is Candy Storm (which is nearby, but not next door like the Airbrush shop). The reason that all the "set" scenes that are around the Hannibarrels area and the old Slingshot area is because this area was part of the Studio Backlot area back in the Time Warner days. The park can say whatever rides/shops, etc. they want to be in an area, but in the past and probably currently the Hannibarrels are not in the Gateway To The West section, that can change (which I know is possible), but it's in no way confirmed that this ride is replacing the Hannibarrels, they just showed the old picture on facebook to give a hint on what kind of ride the park is getting next year.

OK if you read SFZIP it is officially stated in the press release

The new Tsunami Soaker is set to debut late spring 2014 and will be located in the Gateway to the West section of the park.

Tsunami Soaker

And this will fit the current site with some slight but not major modification, plumbing will probably be drawn from the restrooms next door or they can just repipe.

I cant wait to see what this area is going to look like afterwards, and I hope they open the line of sight up coming from the backlot area

OK if you read SFZIP it is officially stated in the press release

The new Tsunami Soaker is set to debut late spring 2014 and will be located in the Gateway to the West section of the park.

Tsunami Soaker

And this will fit the current site with some slight but not major modification, plumbing will probably be drawn from the restrooms next door or they can just repipe.

I cant wait to see what this area is going to look like afterwards, and I hope they open the line of sight up coming from the backlot area

Yes, it is in the Gateway to the West section, but it does not specify exactly where it will be.

I know that Tsunami Soaker is going in the Gateway To The West section, the point I'm trying to make is that the Hannibarrels have never in the history of the park been considered part of the Gateway To The West section. The Hannibarrels were originally part of the France section (which today is called Choteau’s Market section), for the final season that the Hannibarrels were open (1996), they were changed into the Warner Bros. Backlot area (which today is called the Studio Backlot area). The park can move the boundary lines of the themed areas whenever they want to and it's very possible that that's what is happening, but wait until the park says something about the location to know for sure.

I know that Tsunami Soaker is going in the Gateway To The West section, the point I'm trying to make is that the Hannibarrels have never in the history of the park been considered part of the Gateway To The West section. The Hannibarrels were originally part of the France section (which today is called Choteau’s Market section), for the final season that the Hannibarrels were open (1996), they were changed into the Warner Bros. Backlot area (which today is called the Studio Backlot area). The park can move the boundary lines of the themed areas whenever they want to and it's very possible that that's what is happening, but wait until the park says something about the location to know for sure.

Since the ride has been SBNO since 1996, and after they closed the ride down they put a fake facade (year?) in the front blocking off the old entrance/exit; instead of putting a backlot area facade to the front they decided to put a gateway to the west/france front on the ride. What I am getting at is that is that they could have easily put a backlot front facade as such with the crappy looking slingshot area facade right next door and the themeing would look ok; so if they wanted to they could but they decided not to. But time has changed maybe they want to re theme or move boundary's, I would prefer a theme change to the area with the new rides name, but like you said we wont know until they or someone else finds out.

Both the western set area in front of the Hannibarrels and the fake street set along the railroad tracks (both seen here on street view) were installed in 1996, the final year that Hannibarrels operated (the Hannibarrels name was changed to Powder Keg for that season only). When Time Warner still owned the park (for the 1996 and 1997 seasons), there were several "street set" shows located throughout the Backlot area, ever since 1998 when Premier bought SF the "sets" became useless since all the street shows were removed. Just because it's an old west themed set sitting in front the ride (there has been a gunfight show there in the past) does not mean in any way that this is the Gateway To The West section, which I hope people know has nothing to do with the West at all and everything to do with Missouri (which is what the Gateway To The West section was originally called anyway).

Both the western set area in front of the Hannibarrels and the fake street set along the railroad tracks (both seen here on street view) were installed in 1996, the final year that Hannibarrels operated (the Hannibarrels name was changed to Powder Keg for that season only). When Time Warner still owned the park (for the 1996 and 1997 seasons), there were several "street set" shows located throughout the Backlot area, ever since 1998 when Premier bought SF the "sets" became useless since all the street shows were removed. Just because it's an old west themed set sitting in front the ride (there has been a gunfight show there in the past) does not mean in any way that this is the Gateway To The West section, which I hope people know has nothing to do with the West at all and everything to do with Missouri (which is what the Gateway To The West section was originally called anyway).

Ah ok, thank you