Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 831 - Harley Quinn Spinsanity Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby daveydo5172 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:38 pm

^My thoughts exactly!

I used to live in Utah, then Alan Schilke took out a restraining order

Postby GoBears » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:54 pm

CoasterLover wrote:^Only Ragin Cajun is leaving SFGAm. I believe that section of the SFGAm will still have three Mardi Gras themed rides.

Correct. There's the Big Easy Balloons, Jester's Wild Ride, and King Chaos. They also have the Roaring Rapids but that isn't themed to Mardi Gras.
My Top 5 Steel: 1. Maverick 2. The Incredible Hulk 3. Millennium Force 4. Dragon Challenge (Fireball) 5. Diamondback
My Top 5 Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Goliath 3. The Beast 4. American Eagle (Red) 5. American Thunder

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:27 pm

Is it possible that this isn't a relocation from SFGAM but instead a new Zamperla spinning mouse coaster from all together? Seems kind of odd that Great America would remove the only centerpiece attraction of their Mardi Gras section and not some of the other flats as well.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:58 am

MM71209-b.jpg

It’s official. Coming in 2014, Six Flags America will introduce a new Mardi Gras section of the park along with the addition of two exhilarating new rides. Ragin’ Cajun, a spinning, fast-track roller coaster, will be the theme park’s 9th roller coaster. Ragin’ Cajun will be joined by a new family-friendly, flying ride dubbed French Quarter Flyers. Both attractions will be located in the festive new Mardi Gras section of the park.

The new Mardi Gras area is a celebration of culture and entertainment. The festive new section is themed after the energy and liveliness of New Orleans. You can expect the snappy jazz, blues, and zydeco music as it pours into streets. Plus delicious food, exciting games, yummy beverages, and fun retail shops will help bring the spirit of the South to Six Flags America.

Ragin’ Cajun will be the park’s ninth roller coaster. This fast-track roller coaster twists, turns, tilts, and rotatesaround a 1,378-foot-long zigzagging track. The unique four-passenger train spins 360° and zips through breathtaking turns, which are sure to thrill even the most extreme coaster riders. This roller coaster is sure to be as wild as its name and will add a new and adrenaline-charged ride experience to the existing coaster collection.

The young and fun at heart will love French Quarter Flyers, you’ll glide through the air in one of eight flying cars. Each vehicle has a stationary rear wing and a moveable front wing and can travel at speeds up to 40 miles-per-hour. You can be the pilot and control your own riding destiny as you pump up the thrill for a more intense wild flight or simply sit back, take it easy and enjoy the ride.

The new Cajun-themed attractions at the park are set to debut in 2014. Are ya’ll ready to take on this all-new Mardi Gras party?

Laissez les bons temps rouler! (Let the good times roll!)
main_WASHRaginCajun.jpg
MM71209-a.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:05 am.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby RideofSteel » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:53 am

Looks like a very solid addition for SFA! And it's another reason for me to go back there next year.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby vacoaster09 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:11 am

This is great... I heard on the radio on WTOP the announcement of Mardis Gras and I was so excited. They said the two new rides would be placed in the Southwest Territory section of the park and the area will be re-themed to Mardis Gras. Can't wait to hear the jazz music playing and the lights and food that they will improve the area with. I'm very pleased!
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby The Westate » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:35 am

Glad to see the park is finally getting some love. 2 coasters in 3 years, even used is still a great thing.

I never understood why Six Flags ignored the park for the most part, being in such a huge market.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Location: El Toro, back seat, crossing over what used to be Rolling Thunder

Postby Oryp » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:09 pm

The Westate wrote:Glad to see the park is finally getting some love. 2 coasters in 3 years, even used is still a great thing.

I never understood why Six Flags ignored the park for the most part, being in such a huge market.

I totally agree. I don't understand people complaining about used coasters. It allows the park to market "new" rides to the GP at a low cost, while sprucing up the coaster collection (which, if you think about it, is very diverse for the park's size: inverted, stand-up, flyer, launched, 2 woodies, spinning mouse). Hopefully they're saving up to spend a relatively large chunk of change on a new coaster (perhaps custom) in the future. A solid sit-down or new woodie would be great for the park. More water park expansions are always welcome as well :) .

EDIT: I may take a day and just park myself on French Quarter Flyers. Good choice for a new flat, SFA. My favorite.
Count: 199
Skyrush | Intimidator 305 | Maverick | Superman: The Ride | Millenium Force
Outlaw Run | El Toro | Boulder Dash | Thunderhead | Phoenix

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:44 pm

Moving this ride from SFGAm to SFA is a good idea (it's a much better fit) and Flyers rule. I can't help but think though that without a massive commitment to customer service and guest safety, combined with a massive PR campaign letting area residents know that this park isn't the "old" SFA, that they're going to continue to struggle in this market. Like it or not, this park has a poor reputation, especially when compared to other parks in a 3 or so hour drive. They really need to convince most of MD that it's worth visiting and spending your money there.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby TBpony414 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:39 pm

Happy to see SFA getting some more updates and rides! The park has really transformed in the last 3 or so years but DT is right, it still does have a bad reputation with the local folks. I think that will change but it'll take some time and people will need to be convinced to go there and see the changes for themselves. Hersheypark, SFGAdv, Kings Dominion, and BGW are all within a reasonable driving distance of DC and have tv/radio ads on all the time here so people seem to go to those parks instead. A ride is a ride and I'm glad SFA is getting some new additions!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!