Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: Google Adsense [Bot] and 60 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby Woodie Warrior » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:39 pm

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:I AM NOT TRYING TO START A RUMOR but, I wonder if Hannibarrels is gonna be relocated to another Six Flags Park (After a refurbishment obviously) that could use the capacity.

There is no way in heck that would happen. It costs a lot to refurbish a ride, and about twice that when you have to relocate. You could build the ride up from scratch for probably way less. No way that ride is going to ever operate again.

I would love a boardwalk/carnival area with lots of string lights and such. It could stretch from Colossus, underneath the train station, and up to Soundstage #2. Flying Eagles, Aqua Twist, a junior coaster, and a tilt a whirl would be nice additions for this area. I'm not saying all four will be added in one year, but maybe over the course of two years? Colossus would look awesome lit up along with this area. It could have a nighttime spectacular like Ignite on the Palace Porch. It would really open up that dead area.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:28 pm

Sorry everyone, It was just some cool idea I had.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:02 am

main_TsunamiSoaker.jpg
New in 2014, Six Flags St. Louis adds the first interactive water ride in the park. The Tsunami Soaker will be the newest addition to the park’s lineup of family thrills as this wet and wild attraction provides an energetic and engaging experience like no other.

Tsunami Soaker is like your classic teacup ride with an exciting twist. You and up to five other passengers will hop into one of the nine round boats that sit atop a circular floor in a pool of water. As the ride begins, the floor will lower into the water until it disappears, allowing your boat to float and splash ‘ ‘round and ‘round . Your raft will spin in circles while the other boats twist around you, creating a dizzying experience.

Each seat on the boat is armed with a giant water gun so every rider can participate in the action. While your boat rotates around the wet course, you can engage in an adrenaline-pumping water battle, shooting your pistol at other riders and innocent bystanders, soaking them with bursts of water. This drenching water attraction will be a great way to cool off on a hot day and enjoy a fun family adventure.

The new Tsunami Soaker is set to debut late spring 2014 and will be located in the Gateway to the West section of the park. Are you ready to get soaked on this new ride?
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:20 am.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:32 am

I'm sure these water ride things are fun for the families. Maybe next year is the year of Iron Boss.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:46 am

At least the name is better than "Aqua Twist". I have never ridden one of these and hope to soon. They seem like a lot of fun.
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby SteveStL » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:13 am

Will this be installed on the Hannabarrell site? has that been confirmed?

Postby prozach626 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:41 am

As far as the security questions go, yes we live in a high crime area, but most of the dangerous crimes are thug on thug action. It would be rare for someone to go to SFSTL with the intention of committing a crime outside of minor disorderly conduct (teens being teens) or larceny. There's really no reason why they couldn't move the metal detectors behind the gates as opposed to a temporary looking check point area out front. The chances of a mass shooting are far less likely of happening at SF than most other areas. It's too open.

In reference to the new addition: Thumbs up from me, as long as it goes in the hannibarrel area, or if something is done with the hannibarrel area, period. It will be a nice addition to the park.

That being said... it probably won't bring me back to the park next year. I'll be saving my money Canada's Wonderland and making a return trip to King's Island, next year.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby rclay2003 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:38 am

This is a good family addition to the park. I am looking forward to what 2015 will bring for SFStL; although, I don't think we'll be seeing the RMC treatment on the Boss (I kinda like it the way it is). I could see something replacing The Ninja in 2015 though!
Roller Coasters: Living with them, can't live without them. :airtime:

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby vacoaster09 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:05 am

This is great... This park gets pretty darn Hot at STL in the summer.
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

Postby Vonni » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:49 am

Well, I'm definitely happy about our addition, and I'm glad its getting a better name than Aqua Twist, I just wish the name would fit with the themed area, but I'm not going to complain. This is probably the best addition we have gotten since American Thunder, In my opinion of course.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!