The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Did my donkey title just change???

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby RollerCoasterAwesome » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:58 pm

themeparkkid wrote:Did they ever tease what's new for 2014? :?r

No, SFMM isn't into the whole tease whats new for this year game.

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:05 pm

RollerCoasterAwesome wrote:
themeparkkid wrote:Did they ever tease what's new for 2014? :?r

No, SFMM isn't into the whole tease whats new for this year game.

I don't remember hearing any teasers for any rides the past 4-5 years. Green Lantern, Lex Luthor, and YOLOcoaster all came out of nowhere (IIRC).
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby themeparkkid » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:08 pm

New for 2014: Full ThrottLex Luthor, the world first drop tower coaster! :lol: :lmao:
ALL CAPS LOCK! all lowercase! Nospacesinbetweenmywords! No punctuation

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Not sure if it was ever mentioned on here but during a backstage tour of YOLOcoaster with several media outlets it was hinted that the old arcade building would be something to watch in the future. Guess we'll find out tomorrow. :P
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:18 pm

SoCalCoasters wrote:Not sure if it was ever mentioned on here but during a backstage tour of YOLOcoaster with several media outlets it was hinted that the old arcade building would be something to watch in the future. Guess we'll find out tomorrow. :P

Which arcade building? Palace games was converted to the Dogs/Wings place?
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby rustyinpeace » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:37 pm

chickenbowl wrote:
SoCalCoasters wrote:Not sure if it was ever mentioned on here but during a backstage tour of YOLOcoaster with several media outlets it was hinted that the old arcade building would be something to watch in the future. Guess we'll find out tomorrow. :P

Unless he was talking about the arcade next to Tatsu.
Hi, I'm Rusty and my username was a MISTAKE!!!! I'm not dead! didn't mean to put that![/color]

R.I.P. Deja Vu (2001-2011)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:17 pm

Maybe a Hurricane Harbor Expansion?
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Magic Alumni » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:02 am

chickenbowl wrote:

They mean the back part of the arcade building. That building is pretty large and the 2 food places and 1 store only take up the front third of it. My guess the backhalf will be used for a FF maze this year.

chickenbowl wrote:I don't remember hearing any teasers for any rides the past 4-5 years. Green Lantern, Lex Luthor, and YOLOcoaster all came out of nowhere (IIRC).

They actually teased Lex Luthor during the Go Big Updates they used to do. I remember that chick saying something is coming and then she points to the Superman tower behind her.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:18 am

sfmm_stuff.jpg

It’s official. Coming in 2014, Six Flags Magic Mountain will introduce an exciting season-long line-up of thrills. In spring, BATMAN The Ride and Colossus will run backwards, and in summer, the children’s area will expand with a family-friendly coaster and a new show.

For a limited time next season, Six Flags Magic Mountain will intensify your ride experience and twist your view on BATMAN The Ride. The thrill ride will run backwards, giving you a whole new experience as you face the other direction. As you fly in reverse along the 2,700-foot track, with your feet dangling below, your ride is unpredictable, because you won’t be able to see the hairpin turns, vertical loops, and heartline spins coming up next.

No matter how many times you’ve been on the classic Colossus before, you’re going to be completely surprised during the reverse experience that is usually reserved for Fright Fest. As you elevate up the 100-foot-tall lift hill, you’ll be staring right back down at the ground you just traveled, and unpredictably plunge down the drop. You’ll race up and down 14 hills and a triple jump before you can even prepare to scream.

Bugs Bunny World is the six-acre children’s area of the park with 12 pint-sized attractions. In summer 2014, this area will get a makeover with the addition of a new coaster and family-friendly show in the Carrot Club Theater. The new children’s coaster will be the 19th coaster at the park, and will feature an action-packed adventure with drops and hills for thrill-seekers-in-training. The new coaster addition brings the total number of coasters in the children’s area to four; more than any other U.S. theme park.

Next fall, the annual Fright Fest celebration will get even scarier with the largest event expansion in the park’s history, with new mazes, more scare zones, and extended days and hours.

The all-new attractions and experiences are set to debut in 2014. Are you ready to take on these all-new thrills?

http://content.sixflags.com/comingin2014/magicmountain/kids-area-expansion/

main_LAWPBonzaiPipelines.jpg

It’s official. Coming in 2014, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor will introduce new experiences to beat the heat.

Hurricane Harbor will unveil two new thrill slides, Bonzai Pipelines, that deliver free-fall excitement when the floor drops out from side by side launching capsules. You can also cool off in the Forgotten Sea Wave Pool with our all-new Dive-In Movies experience, showing some of the hottest family-friendly films at the water park. Hurricane Harbor will also feature new dining options and extended operating hours.

The all-new attractions and experiences are set to debut in 2014. Are you ready to take on these all-new thrills?

http://content.sixflags.com/comingin2014/hurricaneharborla/bonzai-pipelines/
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:51 am.

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:35 am

It's nice to see the kids area getting some attention. Hopefully, the family coaster will fill the gap in between Road Runner Express and Gold Rusher in terms of intensity.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

PreviousNext